08-05-2011, 05:33 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I have a budget of 500$ and live in Canada. I Need my computer to be able to do basic tasks such as browsing and word, etc. But, I also would like to be able to play games on it such as NBA 2k11, if anyone knows where I could get a cheap but powerful device then please let me know.
08-05-2011, 05:50 PM #2
Originally posted by mohit911 View Post
Hi, I have a budget of 500$ and live in Canada. I Need my computer to be able to do basic tasks such as browsing and word, etc. But, I also would like to be able to play games on it such as NBA 2k11, if anyone knows where I could get a cheap but powerful device then please let me know.

Try being a little more specific. For example, laptop or desktop?
08-05-2011, 06:00 PM #3
Hi, I have a budget of 500$ and live in Canada. I Need my computer to be able to do basic tasks such as browsing and word, etc. But, I also would like to be able to play games on it such as NBA 2k11, if anyone knows where I could get a cheap but powerful device then please let me know.

Also give a list of the games UR gonna play so I can check the system requirements
08-05-2011, 06:39 PM #4
Winning
Former Staff
You can't buy a computer for that price and expect it to play games unless it's used. You need to build one, or skimp out on a graphics card.

Here's a good computer with a garbage graphics card. This is the best you can get for the money You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Winning ; 08-05-2011 at 06:42 PM.
08-05-2011, 06:48 PM #5
Originally posted by Jesus View Post
Also give a list of the games UR gonna play so I can check the system requirements

Nba2k11, gta 4 thats pretty much all... Like those are the games I will be playing.
08-05-2011, 06:54 PM #6
Maxidor
Pokemon Trainer
Nba2k11, gta 4 thats pretty much all... Like those are the games I will be playing.

I would say save up some more money instead of buying one right now. Where i live 500$ wont get you far, especially not if your buying a laptop-
08-05-2011, 07:00 PM #7
Do u need a laptop or desktop cause I could build u a desktop for UR price maybe less that will easily do everything u want

08-05-2011, 07:07 PM #8
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by Winning View Post
You can't buy a computer for that price and expect it to play games unless it's used. You need to build one, or skimp out on a graphics card.

Here's a good computer with a garbage graphics card. This is the best you can get for the money You must login or register to view this content.

I beg to differ.

You must login or register to view this content.

It's not perfect, but in most instances it's better and cheaper than Intel's CPU/GPU solution. And hell, if it can run Crysis 2 on decent settings with a minimum of 30 FPS, it sound good enough to me. More-so for entry to mid level gaming than everyday computing, but he even said his day-to-day activities won't be hardware intensive.

Not to mention NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE is a chipset, not a card. xD

Oh, and this: You must login or register to view this content.

If you're on a budget, and especially if you're only going to game a little bit, you don't need a 2500K.
Last edited by Booshykins ; 08-05-2011 at 07:13 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Booshykins for this useful post:

Black_Jesus, Dubsy
08-05-2011, 07:09 PM #9
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by Collin
I beg to differ.

You must login or register to view this content.

It's not perfect, but in most instances it's better and cheaper than Intel's CPU/GPU solution.

Not to mention NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE is a chipset, not a card. xD

I'm not too fond of those APU's. I've seen benchmarks on the web and they don't look as powerful as presented to be so.
08-05-2011, 07:17 PM #10
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by Winning View Post
I'm not too fond of those APU's. I've seen benchmarks on the web and they don't look as powerful as presented to be so.

I'd definitely prefer a CPU/GPU solution over an APU any day, I'm just saying that you could build a pretty decent PC with $500.

The APUs, whether Intel or AMD, may not be the most powerful thing in the world, but they are definitely the future. I'll probably always stick with my good ol' graphics cards though.

EDIT: The thing that ALWAYS seems to get you when you're building a budget PC is that you'll always end up going over because you'll need an OS. :/
Last edited by Booshykins ; 08-05-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo