08-21-2011, 08:03 AM #1
finalmidnight
Mr. HappyTime
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NGU, I don't understand why my computer can't handle the simplest to hardcore games as it should. I have an alienware m15x with intel core i7 cpu Q720 @ 1.60GHz, 4Core(s) 8 logical processors, 4gigs of RAM, a 500gb harddrive with a GeForce GTX 260M video card. I feel games such as trine, minecraft, portal, tf2, crysis, magicka, metro 2033, and many more should run smooth atleast on medium settings. I updated my drivers, cleaned out my system and still nothing :(. The games I have must be played on low settings and it still doesn't run smooth. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?? Please help!!!!!! :(
08-22-2011, 09:47 PM #2
StEaLtHRvG
Do a barrel roll!
It should be able to handle most games.
08-22-2011, 11:02 PM #3
DCLXVI
Smoke weed.
It's because it's an alienware.
08-22-2011, 11:31 PM #4
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by finalmidnight View Post
Hey NGU, I don't understand why my computer can't handle the simplest to hardcore games as it should. I have an alienware m15x with intel core i7 cpu Q720 @ 1.60GHz, 4Core(s) 8 logical processors, 4gigs of RAM, a 500gb harddrive with a GeForce GTX 260M video card. I feel games such as trine, minecraft, portal, tf2, crysis, magicka, metro 2033, and many more should run smooth atleast on medium settings. I updated my drivers, cleaned out my system and still nothing :(. The games I have must be played on low settings and it still doesn't run smooth. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?? Please help!!!!!! :(

I know how you feel. Although I am using an AMD Radeon Mobility HD 3650, I should be able to play Cod 4, but I lag even on worse settings. Also CryEngine 2 is horribly optimized and not very multicore friendly hence why a dual core at a equivalent speed of a quad core will get the same FPS. Your graphics card is enough to run all of those games, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem either.

Look at your Windows Performance Index, see which ones seem to be lower than they should be. Post a screenie and I'll try my best to help you out.
08-24-2011, 02:34 AM #5
finalmidnight
Mr. HappyTime
yea I ran one and here it is [ATTACH=CONFIG]11322[/ATTACH]

it looks like Graphics: Desktop performance for Windows Aero is really low at 5.5 and Primary hard disk: Disk data transfer rate is at 5.9
Last edited by finalmidnight ; 08-24-2011 at 02:42 AM.
08-24-2011, 02:42 AM #6
gola
OVER 9000!
Hey NGU, I don't understand why my computer can't handle the simplest to hardcore games as it should. I have an alienware m15x with intel core i7 cpu Q720 @ 1.60GHz, 4Core(s) 8 logical processors, 4gigs of RAM, a 500gb harddrive with a GeForce GTX 260M video card. I feel games such as trine, minecraft, portal, tf2, crysis, magicka, metro 2033, and many more should run smooth atleast on medium settings. I updated my drivers, cleaned out my system and still nothing :(. The games I have must be played on low settings and it still doesn't run smooth. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?? Please help!!!!!! :(

The GPU and CPU are a bit outdated, not to mention most games can't even handle 4 cores -- Minecraft can only use 1 and most of the time it doesn't even use the GPU if you have an nvidia GPU unless you force it to in the Nvidia settings program.
08-24-2011, 03:54 AM #7
finalmidnight
Mr. HappyTime
grrrr....I don't know what to do =(...im tempted to just reboot my system, but i feel as if its not going to do anything and I really don't want to lose everyting =/
08-24-2011, 05:41 AM #8
gola
OVER 9000!
grrrr....I don't know what to do =(...im tempted to just reboot my system, but i feel as if its not going to do anything and I really don't want to lose everyting =/

Overclock your GPU with MSI afterburner (You must login or register to view this content.) make sure to keep it at safe temperatures though.

The following user thanked gola for this useful post:

finalmidnight
08-24-2011, 06:10 AM #9
finalmidnight
Mr. HappyTime
gonna try it out....hopefully it works...thanks =)
08-24-2011, 06:36 AM #10
gola
OVER 9000!
gonna try it out....hopefully it works...thanks =)

You can also overclock your CPU, you do that in the BIOS.

There's a good article on it here You must login or register to view this content.

Once again, I can't stress it enough that you must make sure your temperatures are in the safe range when overclocking whether it be CPU or GPU as you can easily damage your parts.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo