10-23-2011, 12:01 AM #1
GE90
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Anyone here ever been caught downloading torrents. i am downloading a movie that I dont want to pay 20$, and it's older too. What are the risks of getting caught and what will happen?

The following user groaned GE90 for this awful post:

CodingNation
10-25-2011, 03:50 AM #20
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
How exactly does PeerBlock work and what does it block? I have it installed and I'm using it right now to download something but I'm a little curious with the topic. :/ Could someone explain?
11-18-2011, 10:38 PM #21
The reason open tracker sites like kickass or thepiratebay are not safe is because anyone can use them such as the mpaa, feds, etc. You can google that for more information, this is why private tracker sites are so sought after. The risk is not the file you download or how much, but being open you risk having a undercover in the swarm of peers that logs all the ips as this is made public in torrent software, they then contact your ISP with the proof right there that you downloaded the torrent, your IP address, the date and time, etc. Your ISP then typically sends you a warning, up to three typically, before they take any action. It's rather pointless as they don't go after people downloading (legally speaking) as much as they do the people selling pirated copies of software or movies, games, etc. There is no need to worry about downloading, but I would suggest getting a private tracker invite as soon as possible.
11-18-2011, 10:43 PM #22
There is no such thing as too much, the main things to look for are:

Are you using peer block or other software / add-ons
Does your ISP throttle upload speed (this is a dead give away to ISP's that will report you)
Does your ISP Cap your bandwidth usage

If none of these apply to you then you are safe!

I have been in the torrenting world for a long time, I mod and admin a few sites, I am an internal encoder at 2 sites, I know my shit:
You must login or register to view this content.
11-18-2011, 10:52 PM #23
And to the idiots saying that warez is better because it's offshore, that's bullshit, it don't matter if it's hosted off shore or not, your local laws apply for **** sakes, if it's copyright infringing is illegal in your country it don't matter where you get the material idiot, all that matters is that your government made a law that prevents you from owning, sharing, possessing these materials. Who ever said otherwise is ****ing idiot that needs to be dick slapped for giving people shitty advice that he clearly knows nothing about...don't you think all those pedo-bears would be downloading from sweden if it were "safe" or "legal", knob jobs.

Sheesh... Winky Winky lol

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Peer block is software that is created and updated automatically to list/block all IP address's of known government agencies, the mpaa, peers that have snitched, shady IP's, etc etc. It protects you by blocking all those IP's from connecting to you, you can also manually add IP's that you want to block as well, so if you suspect a peer is shady, you can simply add him to your block list and rest at ease knowing he cannot see your IP etc etc. The list is massive and is updated all the time, it's a good tool for use on public sites, but a lot of private trackers don't like you using it because you can block normal peers and thus not actually seed the file back all the while you are building seed points that you can use to boost your ratio.
11-23-2011, 05:58 AM #24
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by GE90 View Post
Anyone here ever been caught downloading torrents. i am downloading a movie that I dont want to pay 20$, and it's older too. What are the risks of getting caught and what will happen?

Most the time, when you are downloading movies, they don't care because once it is out on DVD/Bluray the game is over for them the video has been copies millions of times already, no use fighting it. Music is different, they will warn then charge you if you get caught.

Just buy a simple VPN for 6 or 7 dollars a month and run it while you download. You should be good then without worry.
12-01-2011, 02:13 AM #25
04jberry
whoo piece of candy!!!
Anyone here ever been caught downloading torrents. i am downloading a movie that I dont want to pay 20$, and it's older too. What are the risks of getting caught and what will happen?
m8 no one realy cares about 1 person downloading somthing illegaly fo theirself its when you start to make copys and sell the copys is when the police knock at your door ive been downloading about 30 gb a week and i aint in no trouble.
12-01-2011, 12:21 PM #26
snig08
Keeper
i just remembered something my college tutor told the class on the 3rd week. he said that last year there was a student that downlaoded adobe software (i think it was a paid version but he got it free probably torrents) and adobe found out it was the college ip and said listen you have just illegally downloaded our software we will need either the students name and address or we will just take the college to court (if they took the college to court then they would have to confiscate the servers and all computers to check. this would have destroyed the network.) so college was like heres the student who did it and adobe took just him to court and was forced to pay something like £50,000+ that was for the court charges, compensation to adobe, the chance hes distributed it and the price of the software.

the moral of this story is dont be a ****ING RETARD AND DO IT AT SCHOOL, COLLEGE OR WORK. wtf was he thinking
12-06-2011, 01:00 AM #27

Ehh its nothing much, just you get your isp ban and a (i think they call it) "FBI watch" Happy
Happy torrenting bro.
12-22-2011, 04:26 AM #28
JoeFish2001
Save Point
kickass torrents is a pretty safe site Smile i download from it quite often

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

downloading torrents is alright because its only tiny little parts of the whole file, not the actual file

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo