08-27-2009, 11:50 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well guys, if you have a computer issue, want help with something computer related then here's the place to do so.

I've been working in IT for years now and help with most aspects of IT.

So leave me your questions Happy

The following 2 users say thank you to Gobz for this useful post:

little_legz, Velcrohead-
09-06-2009, 10:41 PM #20
Originally posted by oliminator1994 View Post
ok cool. Someone told me that some random programme could make your computer run faster, damn advertising people :(

For a clean up which will help the machine run smoother I'd do the following:

First go through your add and remove programs and get rid of anything you don't need anymore.
Go to start and run, type msconfig. Go to the folder that says startup and untick any programs you don't need running at start up (java update, msn etc) and If you don't know the program and it looks important then don't untick it!
Reboot the machine and close down the message that comes up.

Now you need to run a disk clean up, which gets rid of all you temp files and compresses old files that can be compressed.
You then run a defrag, increase your virtual memory both minimun and maximum to 4092, do a chk dsk and restart.

That should speed it up. If you need anything breaking down then let me know, but that'll really sort it out if it's going slow.
09-08-2009, 10:02 PM #21
TriipDaKiiNG
taylordtriplett
for the white screen im in a different state so no print screen. but imagine having a white desktop walpaper. thats what it looks like but it comes on when your using it and covers your stuff. you can open new stuff by hitting start
09-14-2009, 12:49 PM #22
Originally posted by NGUTripper View Post
for the white screen im in a different state so no print screen. but imagine having a white desktop walpaper. thats what it looks like but it comes on when your using it and covers your stuff. you can open new stuff by hitting start

Sounds Fubar mate. For your wallpaper to cover your desktop is new for me. You can hide the desktop icons and change the wallpaper white with the click of a button, but never heard of it doing that itself. You virus scanned?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo