08-27-2009, 11:50 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well guys, if you have a computer issue, want help with something computer related then here's the place to do so.

I've been working in IT for years now and help with most aspects of IT.

So leave me your questions Happy

The following 2 users say thank you to Gobz for this useful post:

little_legz, Velcrohead-
08-27-2009, 12:10 PM #2
Under Alts Bed
x x x x x x x x x x x x x
You began to explain the dual partitioning of a mac to meh, please continue :p.
ok To start off if i install bootcamp will i need to install the drivers for windows and all of the updates? or do they come with bootcamp. Also is bootcamp free? Thx in advance, ill thx ur thread cos i know you'll have the answer Happy
08-27-2009, 12:59 PM #3
Boot camp is built into Mac OS 10 (Leopard) and is free. If you're not on Leopard then you can download it from here You must login or register to view this content. (although I haven't and can't test this)

Bootcamp is the software that allows you to install Windows, you'll still need a copy of Windows with a license *ahem*

The Drivers are provided by Apple as it's there equipment and allow you to work on XP, Home, Professional SP2 (or later) and Vista.

Here is a FAQ for boot camp You must login or register to view this content.
and the Installation and Manual You must login or register to view this content.
08-27-2009, 01:11 PM #4
Under Alts Bed
Originally posted by Gobble172 View Post
Boot camp is built into Mac OS 10 (Leopard) and is free. If you're not on Leopard then you can download it from here You must login or register to view this content. (although I haven't and can't test this)

Bootcamp is the software that allows you to install Windows, you'll still need a copy of Windows with a license *ahem*

The Drivers are provided by Apple as it's there equipment and allow you to work on XP, Home, Professional SP2 (or later) and Vista.

Here is a FAQ for boot camp You must login or register to view this content.
and the Installation and Manual You must login or register to view this content.

Could you use the disc which came with say xp? cant remember the name but you should no which 1 i mean

The following user thanked Under Alts Bed for this useful post:

Krunch
08-27-2009, 01:34 PM #5
Originally posted by xX
Could you use the disc which came with say xp? cant remember the name but you should no which 1 i mean

Do you mean can you use a normal windows XP disc? Or do you mean the Service Packs? I would say yes for both.
08-27-2009, 01:41 PM #6
Under Alts Bed
I mean the disk you get which you can use to reboot your computer. Cant remember the name, but could you use this to get windows.

EDIT: had to nominate i out of thanks and rep =/ eh you deserve it Smile

The following user thanked Under Alts Bed for this useful post:

Krunch
08-27-2009, 02:00 PM #7
Originally posted by xX
I mean the disk you get which you can use to reboot your computer. Cant remember the name, but could you use this to get windows.

EDIT: had to nominate i out of thanks and rep =/ eh you deserve it Smile

I know what you mean. When you buy a computer they have a disc that allows you to put your computer back to its original state?

No it'll need to be a normal XP Disc. Those disks are either a tailored XP installation, but normally it's just a ghosted image disc.

You will need a standard copy of Windows XP. There's plenty of copies out on the net if you know what I mean Winky Winky
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM #8
Under Alts Bed
what ever are you implying Winky Winky thx.
08-27-2009, 04:10 PM #9
iWarrior
I Sell Fifa Coins.
I have the orange box game for the computer when i install this i get the blue screen of hell after i restart. Why do i get this program i really like the game and i can't play it anymore because of this blue screen. Also this causes me to reset my computer back to factory settings i can't keep any data etc.
08-27-2009, 04:44 PM #10
The Blue Screen you're refering to is a Blue Screen of Death and can be a nasty business. What you need to do is get the Blue Screen of Death to happen and write down what it says and then give me it. Sometimes it's best to rebuild the machine (Re-install Windows etc) when it gets that bad, but others it's changing a driver or something quite simple.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo