08-31-2009, 04:57 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok so i was checking my process via task manager and it showed that i had 2 csrss.exe running, and after typing it into google i found out that it could be a virus or a standard thing for windows. one uses about 780K and the other about 5000K memory. anyone know if its a virus? and should i delete it?
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM #2
yes delete it...it is ANYTHING that has a very high mem. usage is most of the time a virus. Sometimes your web browser will be high because of the mem. you are using to run that program like a download.

Some time deleting it wont help...Just re-install the OS via the OS and DRIVER disks given to you when you bought the computer.

-LordOfSpoon
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM #3
ok well i didnt know where it was in my system so i did a search and came up with 5 csrss'.
(BTW im from UK so its DD/MM/YY)
2 are csrss.exe.MUI and both have been modified on the 02/11/06.
i have 3 csrss.exe.
1) one is in windows\system32 (which is prob the real one) and was last modified on the 19/01/08
2) another one is the exact same as the one i just stated above but is in a folder called
x86_microsoft-windows-csrss_31bf3856ad364e35.......... etc
3) the last one is in a similar folder to the one above but was last edited on 02/11/06

lol can you help me please?
09-01-2009, 06:14 PM #4
Irish
Samurai Poster
same with me but im afraid ill fuk up me comp if i delete the wrong one
09-01-2009, 06:30 PM #5
Originally posted by Irish View Post
same with me but im afraid ill fuk up me comp if i delete the wrong one

yea me to. when i tried ending the processes for both csrss.exe files, it went to a blue screen sayong something about an essential file being exited and then did an emergency shut down
09-01-2009, 10:49 PM #6
Your going to have to delete your OS.

1.) Go to a best buy and get some flash drives (8GB or 16GB should work depending on how much shit you want to save). Should be around $30 dollars or £18.56 Sorry if I'm off on the conversion.

2.) Then you need to find the OS and the DRIVER disks that came with the computer. **Be sure you save all the data you want!.**

3.) Then insert the disks into the CD-ROM (**Make sure its the OS first!**). Then just follow the steps in the Re-installation program.

4.) When you have properly installed the OS, Insert the DRIVER disk into the CD-ROM.

5.) Your internet will be installed, but remember you still have to input your SSID and your WPA.
Last edited by LordOfSpoon™ ; 09-01-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: I'm Retarded
09-02-2009, 08:12 AM #7
I found with viruses that they stop you getting to main antivirus websites, but they tend to forget that they make mirror sites for diff countries.

Go to You must login or register to view this content. and download avg free(Yes it's free). It will not let you do the update when you install it as that's on the .com site, but if you install it and run it, it might find and delete the virus for you anyway. If it doesn't find anything I can get you the anti virus updates you require and then can try again.

Also download and install Spybot and run that deleting anything it wants you to. You might have to take of Windows Restore as copies of the virus can stay in there as well.

Let me know how you get on!

All this talk of reinstalling wont do anything unless you format the drive and then you've lost everything. Reinstalling without a format will just retain the virus.

Worst case scenario you're going to have to do a full format and a reinstall, but see how this goes for you.
09-03-2009, 01:30 AM #8
Ive tried that before i didnt like it
09-03-2009, 07:25 PM #9
123tomw123
Pokemon Trainer
@LordOfSpoon
Reinstall Your OS??!?! Are you an idiot?

You must login or register to view this content. <<< A Great Free Anti-virus.

Don't reinstall your OS untill you have tryed all other available options.
09-03-2009, 07:35 PM #10
i have 2 AV's scan it and Adaware has scanned it and came up with nothing. i know there is something wrong though as my screen brightness is down very low although it is at 100% in the settings.
i'll just call the computer guy because if i **** up, thats it im screwed but if he ****s up he owes me :P

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo