05-01-2016, 03:37 PM #1
IrishDowngrades
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello ngu..just wondering do anyone have make & break tool for encrypting sprx menus? or some good tool for encrypting because i want to release my sprx menus but dont want them getting leeched :p?
05-01-2016, 07:04 PM #2
HeroWin
Java Developer
wrong area for question but someone on the ps3 section definitely help you Happy stay awesome

The following user thanked HeroWin for this useful post:

IrishDowngrades
05-10-2016, 11:23 AM #3
S63
Space Ninja
Originally posted by IrishDowngrades View Post
hello ngu..just wondering do anyone have make & break tool for encrypting sprx menus? or some good tool for encrypting because i want to release my sprx menus but dont want them getting leeched :p?

Sprx is already sorta encrypted and then only way they can get your source is to dump it as its written in memory
05-14-2016, 04:29 AM #4
The SPRX is not encrypted nor sorta @ItsJordanModz.

Anyways, I haven't seen a program that obfuscates SPRX that is publicly known.
However, you can do somethings to prevent de-obfuscation or modifying of the SPRX.

For example: Instead of using
char *MenuTitle = "MENU TITLE";
you can
char _mt[9] = { 0x4d, 0x65, 0x6e, 0x75, 0x20, 0x54, 0x69, 0x74, 0x6c, 0x65 };
<- Makes it less readable when looking through the sprx in hxd.

You can also do md5sum comparison however if they find the location of the md5 hash it can be modified.

So you can do many things to prevent de-ob but if someone really wants to they will find a way to Reverse Engineer it.
05-15-2016, 03:07 PM #5
Scouse Power
Knowledge is power
hello ngu..just wondering do anyone have make & break tool for encrypting sprx menus? or some good tool for encrypting because i want to release my sprx menus but dont want them getting leeched :p?

You should go into sprx options in vs and do things like;
- recovery options to remove symbols and debug data

Originally posted by ItsJordanModz View Post
Sprx is already sorta encrypted and then only way they can get your source is to dump it as its written in memory

Or use IDA.

Originally posted by D4tabase View Post
The SPRX is not encrypted nor sorta @ItsJordanModz.

Anyways, I haven't seen a program that obfuscates SPRX that is publicly known.
However, you can do somethings to prevent de-obfuscation or modifying of the SPRX.

For example: Instead of using
char *MenuTitle = "MENU TITLE";
you can
char _mt[9] = { 0x4d, 0x65, 0x6e, 0x75, 0x20, 0x54, 0x69, 0x74, 0x6c, 0x65 };
<- Makes it less readable when looking through the sprx in hxd.

You can also do md5sum comparison however if they find the location of the md5 hash it can be modified.

So you can do many things to prevent de-ob but if someone really wants to they will find a way to Reverse Engineer it.

IDA will still show this as a string.
05-15-2016, 03:26 PM #6
S63
Space Ninja
Originally posted by StackOverflow View Post
You should go into sprx options in vs and do things like;
- recovery options to remove symbols and debug data

Or use IDA.

IDA will still show this as a string.

True forgot ida was a disassembler
05-15-2016, 04:44 PM #7
Passion
League Champion

Your SPRX is leeched though.
05-15-2016, 05:12 PM #8
Using break&make in combination with the resigner (I'm assuming you're referring to that one tutorial I had on here) will just compress your sprx using zlib. This is not encryption and is basically "useless". I said that in the thread. It's just nice to have a small file so FTP-ing is faster and all that.
Stripping symbols, debug info, unused functions and data -like Stack said- helps to some degree.
But in the end any prx menu can be opened in ida even the ones that do all of the above.
05-17-2016, 08:20 AM #9
I theorize that you can keep the source less disclose by passing data from the server to the client live. Although the packets can be filtered you can try encrypting the data before sending it and have the SPRX decrypt the data. IDA will most likely not pick this up. By the way you should generate a new key per encryption that way the key doesn't stay constant.

There is many ways to try to make your source hidden well, but ultimately you have to find a way to block debugging tools that try to read memory from the PS3 when using your SPRX.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo