02-19-2009, 06:34 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, My school recently changed it's wireless password so other's couldn't get on it and I was wondering, how can I find it out? The principle won't give it out to anyone so that's out. No one else knows it. Yet. But, me and a friend are trying to crack it but they disabled our privilages to install ANYTHING so ... This is so hard -.-;;
02-24-2009, 11:26 PM #20
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by xinfectedsoulx View Post
I thought it took about 2 years to crack a wep key. :confused:

You crack it by monitoring traffic and exploiting a flaw in WEP, so it depends on how much traffic you can intercept.
02-25-2009, 06:19 PM #21
xinfectedsoulx
Daddy's home.
Originally posted by magglass1 View Post
You crack it by monitoring traffic and exploiting a flaw in WEP, so it depends on how much traffic you can intercept.

oh right, it just that my next door neighbour works in IT and he said his company did a test and it takes 2 years. I dunno though.
02-26-2009, 03:50 AM #22
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by xinfectedsoulx View Post
oh right, it just that my next door neighbour works in IT and he said his company did a test and it takes 2 years. I dunno though.

He was probably talking about something else. WEP can be cracked in about two minutes.
03-20-2009, 03:38 PM #23
Sert
Al Capone, Jr.
you also need a laptop that does not have built in wireless (old one) with a certain type of wireless card. you have to then put this wireless card into a certain type of mode (monitor mode, or airplane mode or something) then run certain programs found using google. this will intercept packets sent on the network. with enough packet info, wireless keycode is cracked. the reason this sounds confusing and hard is because it is. i would use a little social engineering like you said ( i need to use my laptop to finish project or whatever ) If that doesn't work, break in to teachers office and find it, it's probably saved on a memo or written on a sticky note in the teachers desk or last resort is to shoulder surf or put keylogger on pen drive and install on teachers computer. use your imagination, i guarantee a teacher isn't very good at hiding / protecting passwords. whats the worst that could happen right? i would rather be caught looking through teachers desk than by an IT security tech guy when you tried to fumble through a crack.
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM #24
Bring a portable hacking program that doesn't need to be installed anywhere.
03-20-2009, 06:21 PM #25
Rage
NGU Original
Wow it sounds hard. hax0rzWinky Winky
03-20-2009, 08:51 PM #26
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by Insertion View Post
you also need a laptop that does not have built in wireless (old one) with a certain type of wireless card. you have to then put this wireless card into a certain type of mode (monitor mode, or airplane mode or something) then run certain programs found using google. this will intercept packets sent on the network. with enough packet info, wireless keycode is cracked. the reason this sounds confusing and hard is because it is. i would use a little social engineering like you said ( i need to use my laptop to finish project or whatever ) If that doesn't work, break in to teachers office and find it, it's probably saved on a memo or written on a sticky note in the teachers desk or last resort is to shoulder surf or put keylogger on pen drive and install on teachers computer. use your imagination, i guarantee a teacher isn't very good at hiding / protecting passwords. whats the worst that could happen right? i would rather be caught looking through teachers desk than by an IT security tech guy when you tried to fumble through a crack.

lol, what? Airplane mode? XD I think you meant promiscuous mode. :p
03-21-2009, 11:32 PM #27
Rust
Do a barrel roll!
Well.

I read until I found the keyword: WEP encryption!

To say the least, Air-Crack / Aircrack, depending on what you google, will do the trick in under ten minutes. It is a WEP cracking utility that is simple to use( assuming you know how to navigate through command prompt and also understand hacking terminology in terms of encryptions, and decoding ). Now, I'm giving you this information assuming you will be using the program for educational use and not for cracking into a network as previously discussed, because that would be a federal crime at that point. :]

Also, PSP is your greatest utility, as you can use Aircrack on a PSP, and then just walk around with it cracking in your bookbag.

If you need help navigating the Aircrack menu, or finding out the terminology, PM me. I can send you some tutorials / fact sheets to help you on your cracking conquest.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo