03-26-2011, 08:23 PM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay so my friend ran DBAN (a program that completely wipes your your computer). Now when he turns it on it says operating system not found. My question is how can he get it to work again? He had windows xp sooooo yeah.

If it is an ISO that he has to burn to a cd and run please link and tell instructions :p

Thanks and whoever helps gets +195 rep!
03-26-2011, 08:26 PM #2
Ok, so you need this....You must login or register to view this content.

then burn the iso to a disc

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

After that you need to put the system into BOIS and chose "Boot Order" -> DVD Drive first. Then thats it, insert CD and follow the instructions Cool Man (aka Tustin)
03-26-2011, 08:28 PM #3
Curt
Former Staff
You could do what bean said but if you don't want to burn ISO then you can transform your USB stick or whatever you have into a bootable device, if you wan't to do it this I'll be glad to assist you/your friend.
03-26-2011, 08:28 PM #4
ZoneHD
Shiver do you lift?
Originally posted by psychobean View Post
Ok, so you need this....You must login or register to view this content.

then burn the iso to a disc

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

After that you need to put the system into BOIS and chose "Boot Order" -> DVD Drive first. Then thats it, insert CD and follow the instructions Cool Man (aka Tustin)

DAMN beat me to it ;(
03-26-2011, 08:30 PM #5
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
Originally posted by Curt View Post
You could do what bean said but if you don't want to burn ISO then you can transform your USB stick or whatever you have into a bootable device, if you wan't to do this I'll be glad to assist you.

Are you sure a USB could hold an OS in it? If so you can help him on TV
03-26-2011, 08:33 PM #6
Curt
Former Staff
Originally posted by ClutchLikeMelo View Post
Are you sure a USB could hold an OS in it? If so you can help him on TV

Yes, I upgraded from windows vista - win7 via my blackberry phone, you just do like you would with a CD with the boot options stuff but choose USB ://E option or whatever your usb stick is...
03-26-2011, 08:34 PM #7
ChynkBud
Big Daddy
Beans Right he Beat Meh to it:(
03-26-2011, 08:34 PM #8
Curt
Former Staff
Yes, I upgraded from windows vista - win7 via my blackberry phone, you just do like you would with a CD with the boot options stuff but choose USB ://E option or whatever your usb stick is...

wouldn't let me quote you? You must login or register to view this content.
03-26-2011, 08:35 PM #9
Winning
Former Staff
You need to reinstall windows then. He obviously lost all his shit. Funny thing is, yesterday i was TRYING to erase my HDD with DBAN and i couldn't do it.
03-26-2011, 08:39 PM #10
Cody_h4x
Nobody is like me
Originally posted by ClutchLikeMelo View Post
Okay so my friend ran DBAN (a program that completely wipes your your computer). Now when he turns it on it says operating system not found. My question is how can he get it to work again? He had windows xp sooooo yeah.

If it is an ISO that he has to burn to a cd and run please link and tell instructions :p

Thanks and whoever helps gets +195 rep!

---Booting from Disc---
Change the BIOS boot order so the CD or DVD drive is listed first. Some computers are already configured this way but many are not.

If the CD or DVD drive is not first in the boot order, your PC will start "normally" ( boot from your hard drive) without even looking at what might be in your disc drive.

Note: After setting your optical drive as the first boot device in BIOS, your computer will check that drive for a bootable CD or DVD each time your computer starts. Leaving your PC configured this way shouldn't cause problems unless you plan on leaving a disc in the drive all the time.

Insert your bootable CD or bootable DVD in your disc drive.

Restart your computer.

Watch for a Press any key to boot from CD or DVD... message.

When booting to a Windows setup CD/DVD and many other bootable discs, you may be prompted with a message to press a key to boot to the disc. To boot to the CD or DVD, you'll need to press any key on your keyboard.

If you do nothing, your computer will check for boot information on the next boot device in the list in BIOS.

Some bootable CDs and DVDs do not prompt for a key press and will start immediately.

Your computer should now boot from the CD or DVD disc.

---To Burn A OS using the ISO---

Here is an ISO Burner.

You must login or register to view this content.

Than simply burn the OS to a disc Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo