04-28-2011, 10:47 PM #1
PatriotsFan342
Distinguished Honors.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ubuntu 11.04 (Also known as 'Natty Narwhal'Winky Winky just came out with some interesting new features.
Ubuntu 11.04 comes with a new launcher that sits on the side of the screen:
You must login or register to view this content.
It also comes with a Dash area for when you click the Ubuntu logo:
And finally it comes with a cool easy way to now manage your workspaces:

You can download Ubuntu 11.04 (650MB) by going here: You must login or register to view this content.

If you already have Ubuntu installed, you can go to Update Manager and upgrade from there.

For more information on what's new in Ubuntu 11.04 go to: You must login or register to view this content.
04-29-2011, 01:00 AM #11
PatriotsFan342
Distinguished Honors.
Originally posted by Stxyzth View Post

No, no and no. Ubuntu doesn't support those applications. It might be able to run them on wine but it would be terrible/crashing etc.

Lol I thought they would work. A quick google search says there are some alternatives to Photoshop and after effects.
04-29-2011, 01:04 AM #12
Originally posted by PatriotsFan342 View Post
Lol I thought they would work. A quick google search says there are some alternatives to Photoshop and after effects.

Yeah there's always alternatives, I think the only version of photoshop that runs on Ubuntu is CS3 :n:. There's always GIMP and I forgotten the video editing software I used to use.
04-29-2011, 01:13 AM #13
PatriotsFan342
Distinguished Honors.
Originally posted by Stxyzth View Post
Yeah there's always alternatives, I think the only version of photoshop that runs on Ubuntu is CS3 :n:. There's always GIMP and I forgotten the video editing software I used to use.

Yeah I think there is a category in the Software Center that let's you browse for editing software.
04-29-2011, 01:16 AM #14
Yeah I think there is a category in the Software Center that let's you browse for editing software.

It's nice but software centre sucks I prefer the package manager :y:. Then you can see everything that you're installing.
04-29-2011, 01:16 AM #15
I may actually downlo0ad this and dual boot with windows 7
04-29-2011, 01:18 AM #16
PatriotsFan342
Distinguished Honors.
Originally posted by SirBadAss View Post
I may actually downlo0ad this and dual boot with windows 7

Be careful though. Since I updated my Ubuntu, I no longer have a menu to select my OS to boot to. I have to guess which OS I am choosing. You may not get this error but on the Ubuntu forums it has happened to someone else too.
04-29-2011, 01:20 AM #17
Be careful though. Since I updated my Ubuntu, I no longer have a menu to select my OS to boot to. I have to guess which OS I am choosing. You may not get this error but on the Ubuntu forums it has happened to someone else too.
Then maybe I will wait till this bug is fixed.
04-29-2011, 01:24 AM #18
PatriotsFan342
Distinguished Honors.
Originally posted by SirBadAss View Post
Then maybe I will wait till this bug is fixed.

Yeah, I'm still looking for a fix.
04-29-2011, 01:35 AM #19
I like it fast and good looking glad they are over that brown look!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo