06-19-2012, 02:45 AM #1
HappyGilmore
Dirty Bird
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well I've been wanting to build a gaming computer and I finally get to for my birthday so I've been doing my googling and watching videos on youtube so I'm post below my specs so far and let y'all help me with the little stuff I missed.

NZXT M59 Gaming Case- $50.00

ASUS P8Z68-V Motherboard- $125.00

Intel Core i5 3.1 Ghz (3.4GHz Turbo)- $190.00

EVGA GeForce GT 520- $55.00

3x Corsair Vengeance 4Gb- $78.00 ($26.00 each)

Ultra 750w PSU- $70.00

1tb 6Gb/s- $100.00

AeroCool Strike-X Panel Fan Controller- $55.00

1x Green Led Case Fan- $9.00

2x Blue LEd Case Fan- $20.00
-------------------------------------------------

= $752.00
06-19-2012, 10:07 PM #20
6850/6870 is the best for the 200$ price range.

Mezzid, you need to find a new place to get your benchmarks. All of those cards get much higher frames than that.
06-20-2012, 01:57 AM #21
Toke
PC Master Race
get rid of that crappy fan controller, and that graphics card wont be playing many games i made this list for you it is a moster Gaming rig for 750$ and it should destroy every other 750$ gaming pc i ever seen, just pirate win7, tht gfx card might go up, but its onsale alot so dnt purchase it unless its that price if it goes up get a 560ti if u can find 1 4 200$ or a radeon 6870

CPU You must login or register to view this content.
GPU You must login or register to view this content.
RAM You must login or register to view this content.
MOBO You must login or register to view this content.
PSU You must login or register to view this content.
CASE You must login or register to view this content.
DISK DRIVE You must login or register to view this content.
HDD You must login or register to view this content.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Dont speak till u know what your talking about

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

the 6950 is slowly creeping down, the gtx 480 and 470 are there, so is the 560ti when the 660ti comes out but the 6870 and 5870 are the best in the 200$ range
Last edited by Toke ; 06-20-2012 at 01:53 AM.
06-20-2012, 02:19 AM #22
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
get rid of that crappy fan controller, and that graphics card wont be playing many games i made this list for you it is a moster Gaming rig for 750$ and it should destroy every other 750$ gaming pc i ever seen, just pirate win7, tht gfx card might go up, but its onsale alot so dnt purchase it unless its that price if it goes up get a 560ti if u can find 1 4 200$ or a radeon 6870

CPU You must login or register to view this content.
GPU You must login or register to view this content.
RAM You must login or register to view this content.
MOBO You must login or register to view this content.
PSU You must login or register to view this content.
CASE You must login or register to view this content.
DISK DRIVE You must login or register to view this content.
HDD You must login or register to view this content.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Dont speak till u know what your talking about

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

the 6950 is slowly creeping down, the gtx 480 and 470 are there, so is the 560ti when the 660ti comes out but the 6870 and 5870 are the best in the 200$ range

No point getting the i5 2500, the k model is only a little bit extra and would have a much longer life span.
Z68/Z77 board is needed too, not the H61 which has no overclock capabilities, I also like to spec builds with good upgrade capabilities for the future, so thats another reason I never choose the H61.

Other than that looks good. If the OP has no interest in overclocking then that build is great, but I think everyone should consider overclocking as it really is so simple and can add two-three years onto a PCs life.

Didn't realise the 6950 was so cheap over there, its 200euro here too which is like equal to 250$, its ridiculous.
06-20-2012, 04:38 AM #23
Toke
PC Master Race
the 6950 is 250 but that 1 is on sale alot, i used it because it was a bare minimum, it will play games, i thought it was a good beginner pc, if i got the k cpu, i had todrop down to a 560 or 6870 and i was looking for gaming preformance, theres a new cpu coming out every year and he would prob make many upgrades as i will be soon to get rid my phenom, overall its the best i made for 750$ for pure gaming
06-20-2012, 06:17 AM #24
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by FlyingIrishMan View Post
6850/6870 is the best for the 200$ price range.

Mezzid, you need to find a new place to get your benchmarks. All of those cards get much higher frames than that.

No. This benchmark is on the stock cards, other cards are higher clocked therefore getting higher FPS.
They might be outdated since they make these right after they come out (without drivers and such).
And hey, next time please quote Winky Winky

-----
And @ OP, it's up to you, pay 70$ more for 5-8 FPS more, or keep that money

You can do whatever the FUCK you want Winky Winky.
Last edited by Mezzid ; 06-20-2012 at 06:22 AM.
06-21-2012, 07:59 AM #25
HappyGilmore
Dirty Bird
Originally posted by Mezzid View Post
No. This benchmark is on the stock cards, other cards are higher clocked therefore getting higher FPS.
They might be outdated since they make these right after they come out (without drivers and such).
And hey, next time please quote Winky Winky

-----
And @ OP, it's up to you, pay 70$ more for 5-8 FPS more, or keep that money

You can do whatever the FUCK you want Winky Winky.

Idk man I'm still thinking bout what I'm going to do
06-21-2012, 11:57 AM #26
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
Idk man I'm still thinking bout what I'm going to do

You gotta think ahead man, there's some sick games coming out (GTA V, Assasins Creed 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012)
and it all depends on what you prefer to play on. Do you want it all maxed out, or do you just want 60+ FPS with High/Medium graphics.
All up to your preferences.
06-22-2012, 10:17 AM #27
HappyGilmore
Dirty Bird
Originally posted by Mezzid View Post
You gotta think ahead man, there's some sick games coming out (GTA V, Assasins Creed 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012)
and it all depends on what you prefer to play on. Do you want it all maxed out, or do you just want 60+ FPS with High/Medium graphics.
All up to your preferences.

I have one more question. Ok so Windows 8 is coming out soon, so should I wait for hardware to come out so it can all like be working good and stuff you know what I mean?
06-22-2012, 11:38 AM #28
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
I have one more question. Ok so Windows 8 is coming out soon, so should I wait for hardware to come out so it can all like be working good and stuff you know what I mean?

No? It's all good, the two systems below will be able to play games for the next 5 years, not on the highest settings ofcourse.
What I've read somewhere is that Windows 8 allows you to play XBOX games, not sure about this though, other than that I see no point in choosing W8 instead of Windows 7. Oh maybe the boot speed (Wich is 3 seconds or so, on ANY PC) but that's all.

The PC below will have no problem running XBOX games (if that part is true) and PC games.
Obviously it will run Windows smoothly, as far as Windows can be!

So this one is 800 without Windows, I'd recommend this one over the one underneath but it's bit out of your budget.
You must login or register to view this content.
This system will be able to play BF3 on Ultra. It's overclockable (like the one below) and has a Z77 motherboard wich makes your PC future friendly..
- SSD for fast boot up, fast loading times on games and quick loading programs (128 GB), you can always buy another HDD for storage
- Overclockable processor, if in the future you need more, you could always overclock it with 1 GHz to 4,4 GHz with the cooler thats inside (Scythe MUGEN)
- Overclocked Videocard that gives you a couple FPS more than the regular card, while it's the same price.. haha.
- 8 GB Ram at 1600 MHz, not that you will notice the difference between 1330 and 1600 but in BF3 there's a slight advantage with it.
- Really cheap case, looks tight though
- DVD Burner

You must login or register to view this content.
As I said, the above system is perfect but a bit more expensive. With this one you will save a little bit of money, wich I wouldnt recommend..
Just save up a bit and get the better system Smile
- No SSD, just a 1 TB HDD
- 6950 OC, will be able to play BF3 on Ultra / Very High but not beter than the 7850 OC
- PSU 500W

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo