11-23-2015, 06:28 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); which is better in your opinion and state your reasons why Upside Down Happy
11-25-2015, 03:27 PM #11
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
I only see 2.

gud2no
11-25-2015, 04:36 PM #12
Zane
Banned
I dont wanna sound dumb even though i probably will.. But, i never heard of a Linux application like Mac or windows? Linux is a server? :whistle:
12-10-2015, 11:34 PM #13
Honestly, it depends on what kind of user you are and what you look for in an operating system.

I choose OS X as...
- it's simple
- it works out the box
- it's much more stable than windows
- I do my gaming on consoles
- it requires much less involvement than Linux

Originally posted by Claw
I dont wanna sound dumb even though i probably will.. But, i never heard of a Linux application like Mac or windows? Linux is a server? :whistle:

Hi mate. Linux, like OS X and Windows, is an operating system - only it's free and open-source. Often used to run servers, yes.
A quick Google search will give you more info if you're interested.
Last edited by Harold. ; 12-10-2015 at 11:36 PM.
12-12-2015, 04:31 PM #14
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
Originally posted by Glittery
which is better in your opinion and state your reasons why Upside Down Happy

Linux, It's a fantastic operating system.
Windows can be really faulty sometimes, windows 10 made me switch to linux and i haven't use windows as my main os in over 4-5 months.
Mac is pretty simplistic, i dont really like the feeling of it.

I'm becoming a linux-er day by day, I just love the OS and it takes work to understand how to do things which i don't really mind. It's easy on the CPU and some of the distro's are really light such as Arch-Linux.
Currently i'm using Apricity Os, It's well designed, light weight and its a rolling release, meaning its on the bleeding edge and always updating.

If i need windows or mac i'll just throw it in a virtual box tbh.
12-12-2015, 06:08 PM #15
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Harold. View Post
Honestly, it depends on what kind of user you are and what you look for in an operating system.

I choose OS X as...
- it's simple
- it works out the box
- it's much more stable than windows.

If only that was true
12-13-2015, 03:22 PM #16
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
If only that was true

You're having issues with OS X?
The Apple forums would be the best place to ask for help, but I'm interested in hearing the issues you're having if you don't mind sharing?
12-13-2015, 06:12 PM #17
gopro_2027
Vault dweller
Linux because it is faster and you have way better virus protection. You get to spend time focusing on the things that matter. Plus you can amaze your friends with wiggly gui windows and other weird things only linux can do.
12-13-2015, 07:15 PM #18
Dan
I'm a god.
Originally posted by Claw

Linux does have distro's for server hosting, but there's also desktop distro's. I'm not going to go into detail, I'll just suggest researching for further info.

Also, my distro would be Windows, because I game and don't bother trying to play games on Linux.Though I have used quite a bit of distro's such as: Ubuntu, Arch, CrunchBang, etc.
Last edited by Dan ; 12-13-2015 at 07:18 PM.
12-14-2015, 05:45 AM #19
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
Linux is love, linux is life.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo