08-17-2011, 10:38 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So in anticipation of the demo's release on the 13th September, I thought this thread could be used as both an anticipation and feedback thread for the demo itself.

For the curious, below are some details on what exactly the demo at Comicon entailed; its's relatively likely the public demo will be similar if not the same.

Originally posted by another user
FIFA 12 Demo Teams:

• Marseille
  • AC Milan
  • Arsenal
  • Dortmund
  • Barcelona
  • ManCity
FIFA 12 Demo Stadia:

• Etihad Stadium – Man City (Day and Dry weather options)
FIFA 12 Demo Match Time:

• 3 Minute Halves
FIFA 12 Demo Tutorials:

• Standing Tackle
  • Sliding Tackle
  • Jockeying
  • Running Jockey
  • Contain
  • Team mate Contain
  • Push Pull
You must login or register to view this content.

Courtesy for the above goes to FIFA Soccer Blog.

Thoughts? Smile
Last edited by Clutch Hunterr ; 08-17-2011 at 10:40 AM.
09-17-2011, 02:03 PM #38
Originally posted by Sub
From playing the demo there seems to be no reason at all to buy Fifa 12, wow new kits, players and some new defending thing! I think the biggest change is Wayne Rooney's new haircut lmao.

You need to play the demo more, it feels very different to FIFA 11.

Originally posted by gazat123 View Post
changes yes. improvements no.

That's down to opinion. For me, this is a huge improvement as it will be more about real football and less about the cheap tricks and homing missile defending you'd see all too often in FIFA 11.
09-17-2011, 02:11 PM #39
gazat123
facesmash fu
Originally posted by Clutch
You need to play the demo more, it feels very different to FIFA 11.

That's down to opinion. For me, this is a huge improvement as it will be more about real football and less about the cheap tricks and homing missile defending you'd see all too often in FIFA 11.

i didnt mean the defending thats definatley a improvement. but other changes like shooting seem worse than in fifa 11, the ball barely ever leaves the ground. also the fact u can play marseille with arsenal and they r still a decent team and goalie plays well yet play them with barca and they r terrible, goalie was saving nothing.
09-17-2011, 02:28 PM #40
GoonerSam
Who’s Jim Erased?
Instantly from the demo, we can see that Barcelona are going to be - once again - over powered, and over used, however I now think that along with them, Manchester City will be the new tryhards team. Or Possibly Milan if they want to look flash.
09-17-2011, 02:40 PM #41
Originally posted by gazat123 View Post
i didnt mean the defending thats definatley a improvement. but other changes like shooting seem worse than in fifa 11, the ball barely ever leaves the ground. also the fact u can play marseille with arsenal and they r still a decent team and goalie plays well yet play them with barca and they r terrible, goalie was saving nothing.

Goalies have more error now which is good. Shooting is also WAY better, provided you adjust your shooting from 11 to 12 correctly.
09-17-2011, 09:27 PM #42
Original
League Champion
So After playing the demo for numerous hours, Picking out certain aspects of the game; I'm generally quite impressed with it; However there are some issues.

Camera Angle

It's alien territory, and I'm sure the majority of you have noticed it, but this year they most definitely have a more 'Broadcast' camera angle. However, This seems to single out the player you are controlling, enhancing your views on him, giving you only a slight overview of the whole pitch. If you don't like the camera angle, I suggest editing it with custom camera settings, reducing the zoom, and increasing the height only slightly.

General Gameplay

The demo only includes the ability to play in Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium, so judging the game physically may be a little premature. However, it’s looks to be the standard graphical update – which is all the was needed. Players feel more rounded and life-like, and the new ‘collision’ system is obvious from the start. Knock a ball into the box and expect a few forwards to go sprawling, slide in hard on tricky winger and you’ll send him rolling to the floor. Spring the back line too quickly and you could pull your hamstring, unexpected movements cause damage (As I experienced with Walcott, nearly pissed my self laughing). Although these are indeed nice touches.

Possession and Passing

When your in possession, yes you have to work to unlock defences, but more effort than ever before is needed to keep the ball. You’ll find yourself crowded out in the opposition box, and having to go back just to keep moves going. The passing gage is more sensitive too, you’ll frequently under-hit the ball or miss a team-mate’s darting run. Realistic, enjoyable and fits a wider range of players.

Concerns

I have Noticed the HUGE increase in player stats & attributes. My Concern mainly relates to the whoring of team's online and the availability of players on Ultimate Team. Players such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic Should NOT be 89, He has played 31 games against Englands "Big Four" and has Only ever scored Once against Arsenal. Undeserving ratings will annoy me; Coming up against players like Him, being torn apart and shit on. On Fifa 11 Ultimate team, players such as xavi and iniesta (87) we're 78k and 102k respectively. Now, they're ratings are both 92, So what will there prices be? 150k, 200k? Messi (95) is going to cost at least a million, Ronaldo more. It is a huge concern; Luck in Packs is more needed than ever & Genuine sellers on the market will be needed more than we think.

I'm building a Team this year, all EPL (english premier league) and am thinking of Man City United.

GK- Joe Hart
CB- Vincent Kompany
CB- Nemanja Vidic
RB- Micah Richards
LB- Patrice Evra
CDM- Yaya Toure
LM- Ashley Young
RM- Nani
CAM- David Silva
ST- Sergio Aguero
ST- Wayne Rooney

Subs: Hernandez, Tevez, Dzeko, Adam Johnson, Phil Jones, Kolo Toure. (Then a Whole Host of players @ the Club)

The following 2 users say thank you to Original for this useful post:

Clutch Hunterr, Problem?
09-17-2011, 10:42 PM #43
GoonerSam
Who’s Jim Erased?
Yeh, I agree, these prices are going to ridiculously expensive, I'm only planning on making one team throughout the whole of Fifa 12.
09-18-2011, 10:06 AM #44
Originally posted by liamhurly View Post
So After playing the demo for numerous hours, Picking out certain aspects of the game; I'm generally quite impressed with it; However there are some issues.

Camera Angle

It's alien territory, and I'm sure the majority of you have noticed it, but this year they most definitely have a more 'Broadcast' camera angle. However, This seems to single out the player you are controlling, enhancing your views on him, giving you only a slight overview of the whole pitch. If you don't like the camera angle, I suggest editing it with custom camera settings, reducing the zoom, and increasing the height only slightly.

General Gameplay

The demo only includes the ability to play in Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium, so judging the game physically may be a little premature. However, it’s looks to be the standard graphical update – which is all the was needed. Players feel more rounded and life-like, and the new ‘collision’ system is obvious from the start. Knock a ball into the box and expect a few forwards to go sprawling, slide in hard on tricky winger and you’ll send him rolling to the floor. Spring the back line too quickly and you could pull your hamstring, unexpected movements cause damage (As I experienced with Walcott, nearly pissed my self laughing). Although these are indeed nice touches.

Possession and Passing

When your in possession, yes you have to work to unlock defences, but more effort than ever before is needed to keep the ball. You’ll find yourself crowded out in the opposition box, and having to go back just to keep moves going. The passing gage is more sensitive too, you’ll frequently under-hit the ball or miss a team-mate’s darting run. Realistic, enjoyable and fits a wider range of players.

Concerns

I have Noticed the HUGE increase in player stats & attributes. My Concern mainly relates to the whoring of team's online and the availability of players on Ultimate Team. Players such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic Should NOT be 89, He has played 31 games against Englands "Big Four" and has Only ever scored Once against Arsenal. Undeserving ratings will annoy me; Coming up against players like Him, being torn apart and shit on. On Fifa 11 Ultimate team, players such as xavi and iniesta (87) we're 78k and 102k respectively. Now, they're ratings are both 92, So what will there prices be? 150k, 200k? Messi (95) is going to cost at least a million, Ronaldo more. It is a huge concern; Luck in Packs is more needed than ever & Genuine sellers on the market will be needed more than we think.

I'm building a Team this year, all EPL (english premier league) and am thinking of Man City United.

GK- Joe Hart
CB- Vincent Kompany
CB- Nemanja Vidic
RB- Micah Richards
LB- Patrice Evra
CDM- Yaya Toure
LM- Ashley Young
RM- Nani
CAM- David Silva
ST- Sergio Aguero
ST- Wayne Rooney

Subs: Hernandez, Tevez, Dzeko, Adam Johnson, Phil Jones, Kolo Toure. (Then a Whole Host of players @ the Club)

Since you're discussing the demo, I've merged your thread with this one. Hope you're OK with that Smile

The following user thanked Clutch Hunterr for this useful post:

Original
09-18-2011, 01:03 PM #45
EarthScar
??SCARED??
its cool i like the graphic and the teams but only 3 min halves also CPU is a way better than F11 wroldclass fks me up on F11 i easily beat legndary 5 0 :O
09-18-2011, 09:48 PM #46
Stub Hero
Laying low low low
After further play, I do the like the demo it is definitely up to date and it feels more fluid and realistic, through balls for instance are much easier to use and much more accurate. One problem I've found is that although marking and tracking defenders is easier it's near impossible to tackle half the time, attackers just turn in and out of tackles, which has really pissed me off since I rely on clean slide tackles so much, there also seems to be pretty much no fouls on the demo you can get away with murder before you're carded.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo