08-17-2011, 10:38 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So in anticipation of the demo's release on the 13th September, I thought this thread could be used as both an anticipation and feedback thread for the demo itself.

For the curious, below are some details on what exactly the demo at Comicon entailed; its's relatively likely the public demo will be similar if not the same.

Originally posted by another user
FIFA 12 Demo Teams:

• Marseille
  • AC Milan
  • Arsenal
  • Dortmund
  • Barcelona
  • ManCity
FIFA 12 Demo Stadia:

• Etihad Stadium – Man City (Day and Dry weather options)
FIFA 12 Demo Match Time:

• 3 Minute Halves
FIFA 12 Demo Tutorials:

• Standing Tackle
  • Sliding Tackle
  • Jockeying
  • Running Jockey
  • Contain
  • Team mate Contain
  • Push Pull
You must login or register to view this content.

Courtesy for the above goes to FIFA Soccer Blog.

Thoughts? Smile
Last edited by Clutch Hunterr ; 08-17-2011 at 10:40 AM.
09-19-2011, 01:40 PM #47
C/P my own words from EA's FIFA 12 forum. My pros and cons of the demo so far...

Originally posted by another user
Please, no trolling. No hating. Just my opinion, feel free to share your's too.

NOTE: This is playing on Professional difficulty with 100% manual controls, so my experiences with the game may differ from your's.

Pros:
- The new-found freedom in the midfield area is excellent. Big thumbs up from me there.
- Most tricks have improved due to the possibility of error.
- Tactical defending. Simple as that, please don't change it. To change it would be to go back to the arcade-y gameplay you'd expect from FIFA 10/11.
- Goalkeepers are better now, less prone to failure with finesse shots and more variety in saves/more urgency. Also glad it's no longer impossible to go round them with tricks or chip them. However, Goalkeepers' positioning can occasionally be a little unrealistically far off where it should be i.e. top goalkeepers like Valdes are caught too often with poor positioning. Don't remove the positioning error altogether, just minimize it for the world's best keepers. Make the positioning stat for keepers slightly more relevant Winky Winky
- The shooting has been improved dramatically, good work.
- The whole aesthetic overhaul to the menus and player bios is excellent.
- Crowds are better than before, although admittedly could still be improved further.
- Impact engine. Slightly buggy, but great implementation.
- Precision dribbling is a simple and good addition this year, simple as that.
- Quick-throw ins. Good simple addition, again. Could be improved though, e.g. ball-boy throws ball towards nearest player, so there's no limit in terms of how far the ball goes(unless it's ridiculously far away etc).
- Passing is better, although the occasional 'bobble-y' pass is rather annoying. I suspect this is down to the small amount of assistance applied to manual passing this year.
- Goalkeeper control when pressing BACK/SELECT. Great idea, but needs to be disabled or at least put on a timer for H2H, Seasons & UT.

Cons:
- What's happened to fake shots? I understand they needed changing because of how they were abused for quick direction changes in FIFA 11, however this year it feels like you go to fake shot one direction on the controller and on-screen you go a whole different way. Very odd.
- CPU whores wing-play. Maybe I just allow it too easily with my defensive mannerisms, however I only ever seem to concede from crosses atm. And that leads onto my next point...
- What the deuce has happened to headers this year? Either they've changed so dramatically I'm just not getting the hang of it or they're broken. Or the CPU is too good at them. Either way.
- 3 minute demo halves? Really? Seriously? * EA, and you can't even save your progress either... and no gameplay sliders... and no 11vs11 in the arena... booooo :evil:
- Some odd impact engine problems. Whilst it's good for the most part as mentioned above, it does need tweaking over the next few years before it's really gonna reach perfection.
- Defensive AI. And offensive AI. Both bad. Both really, really bad. Not gonna go in-depth about it though, I have a feeling plenty of others have done that already :lol:
- Lobs and lofted through-balls. WTF. I understand they needed fixing due to the abuse they received from the assisted community last year, but, really... WTF. They're terrible for manual this year, especially lofted through-balls.
- Auto-switching seems slightly off this year, idk why. Has lost me a few goals where I've tried LB/L1 switching but the bugger decided to stick to the player who clearly was never getting anywhere near the ball :?
- Full-back CPU players have the amazing ability to double their speed whenever you get past them and near the byline. It's just silly.

That's all I've got atm, will continue to add to the post as I play the demo more Smile
11-07-2011, 01:50 AM #48
Originally posted by EarthScar View Post
its cool i like the graphic and the teams but only 3 min halves also CPU is a way better than F11 wroldclass fks me up on F11 i easily beat legndary 5 0 :O

Controlling your defense is much more difficult in 12 compared to 11...

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Originally posted by iWarrior View Post
The demos always better than the actual game Happy

Not his time demo and actual are the same IMHO.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
So After playing the demo for numerous hours, Picking out certain aspects of the game; I'm generally quite impressed with it; However there are some issues.

Camera Angle

It's alien territory, and I'm sure the majority of you have noticed it, but this year they most definitely have a more 'Broadcast' camera angle. However, This seems to single out the player you are controlling, enhancing your views on him, giving you only a slight overview of the whole pitch. If you don't like the camera angle, I suggest editing it with custom camera settings, reducing the zoom, and increasing the height only slightly.

General Gameplay

The demo only includes the ability to play in Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium, so judging the game physically may be a little premature. However, it’s looks to be the standard graphical update – which is all the was needed. Players feel more rounded and life-like, and the new ‘collision’ system is obvious from the start. Knock a ball into the box and expect a few forwards to go sprawling, slide in hard on tricky winger and you’ll send him rolling to the floor. Spring the back line too quickly and you could pull your hamstring, unexpected movements cause damage (As I experienced with Walcott, nearly pissed my self laughing). Although these are indeed nice touches.

Possession and Passing

When your in possession, yes you have to work to unlock defences, but more effort than ever before is needed to keep the ball. You’ll find yourself crowded out in the opposition box, and having to go back just to keep moves going. The passing gage is more sensitive too, you’ll frequently under-hit the ball or miss a team-mate’s darting run. Realistic, enjoyable and fits a wider range of players.

Concerns

I have Noticed the HUGE increase in player stats & attributes. My Concern mainly relates to the whoring of team's online and the availability of players on Ultimate Team. Players such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic Should NOT be 89, He has played 31 games against Englands "Big Four" and has Only ever scored Once against Arsenal. Undeserving ratings will annoy me; Coming up against players like Him, being torn apart and shit on. On Fifa 11 Ultimate team, players such as xavi and iniesta (87) we're 78k and 102k respectively. Now, they're ratings are both 92, So what will there prices be? 150k, 200k? Messi (95) is going to cost at least a million, Ronaldo more. It is a huge concern; Luck in Packs is more needed than ever & Genuine sellers on the market will be needed more than we think.

I'm building a Team this year, all EPL (english premier league) and am thinking of Man City United.

GK- Joe Hart
CB- Vincent Kompany
CB- Nemanja Vidic
RB- Micah Richards
LB- Patrice Evra
CDM- Yaya Toure
LM- Ashley Young
RM- Nani
CAM- David Silva
ST- Sergio Aguero
ST- Wayne Rooney

Subs: Hernandez, Tevez, Dzeko, Adam Johnson, Phil Jones, Kolo Toure. (Then a Whole Host of players @ the Club)

This will cost you a fortune!!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo