01-06-2012, 04:46 AM #1
eDeityy
NGU's Resident Author
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I am ****ing terrible at finishing. I will play games and keep 55%+ possession, but then lose as a result of a crosswhore scoring a header or a simple pass across the box on me. I really don't have that big of a problem defending: I just get frustrated after I miss seven or eight chances one-on-one with the goalkeeper. I hit the upper-ninety cross bar TWICE today, one on the first shot, and then one on the follow-up.

What do I do?
01-08-2012, 04:54 PM #11
eDeityy
NGU's Resident Author
Originally posted by XpizL View Post
Press B/ Circle

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

As for the rest of you, I appreciate it. I'm getting better :y:.
01-09-2012, 01:05 AM #12
Originally posted by gazat123 View Post
so u have a problem finishing as well u shouldnt have to wait for a second player as it is extremely easy to score against a goalkeeper on the game if u know what u r doing

153-0-4... 'nough said.
I know it is easy, im just helping him on his way. Flick rightstick, lob it, curl it, slam it blablabla i know it.
01-09-2012, 05:05 AM #13
Ladidas
Bounty hunter
Perhaps try practicing longshots, they are a handy skill to have, learning how to do them made my finishing better. I was in the same dilemma as you. Follow this video:

Practice makes perfect.
01-09-2012, 05:53 AM #14
Budz
Former Staff
Originally posted by eDeityy View Post
I am ****ing terrible at finishing. I will play games and keep 55%+ possession, but then lose as a result of a crosswhore scoring a header or a simple pass across the box on me. I really don't have that big of a problem defending: I just get frustrated after I miss seven or eight chances one-on-one with the goalkeeper. I hit the upper-ninety cross bar TWICE today, one on the first shot, and then one on the follow-up.

What do I do?

Really Simple! When you're one on one with the goalie. Press R1 or RB (Xbox) then O or [] (depends on what you shoot with) It'll curve the ball around the goalie and GOAL! :p Or you can do power shots which is basically holding down O or [] for a second Smile Hope this helped
01-09-2012, 05:59 AM #15
eDeityy
NGU's Resident Author
Originally posted by Ladidas View Post
Perhaps try practicing longshots, they are a handy skill to have, learning how to do them made my finishing better. I was in the same dilemma as you. Follow this video:

Practice makes perfect.

Happy

I did, in the end (as if I've magically gained every ounce of skill I need already), decide to practice my longshot ability. I'm getting a lot better and I've found that sitting in the arena mode every once and a while is definitely the way to go to getting better.

My latest:
You must login or register to view this content.

I had to upload it because it was, after all, a goal by Heskey.

The following user thanked eDeityy for this useful post:

Ladidas
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM #16
Probably been said before, but just try and take your time, don't rush it, I mainly only use finesse short, and I score a fair few, it's all about the angle for me, if you're one on one with the keeper, just use that and try and bend it round him, I found if I used power, it'd go straight at him, and I'd rarely score, so just try that for a bit, should get you some more goals, hope it helps! Smile
01-14-2012, 01:48 AM #17
Go to your controller settings and set the shooting from "Assisted" to "Semi". Instead of random scripted shots going straight at the GK sometimes you have more control over where it goes. Want to hit it in that far right corner? Aim for it and it goes there. Long shots are more difficult but thats a nice con of a method that will get you finishing inside the area.
01-14-2012, 12:19 PM #18
echdennis
Bounty hunter
Look the TuT's on Youtube. For example Patrick's
01-14-2012, 08:24 PM #19
thorin
Keeper
Story of my life Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo