07-13-2013, 05:16 PM #1
Ben
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of Google, has added fuel to the fire of rumors about Motorola's latest phone, the MotoX. Google acquired Motorola Mobility last year and since has been working on a smartphone with them. This isn't a "Nexus" device, this is Motorola device. Although, we'll probably see a very similar android experience on the MotoX. I think Google will most likely leave Android alone, for the most part. This phone is made in collaboration with Google so stock Android looks likely, with, as I said, a few tweaks here and there.

The MotoX was confirmed by Motorola last month and now we have our first look at it.

The phone looks very thin and seems to have a carbon fiber textured back to it. Camera is almost identical to HTC's flagship phone, the HTC One.

The MotoX is rumored to have a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro inside which is the same processor in Google's flagship, the Nexus 4. The S4 Pro isn't the fastest CPU on the market but is no slouch as the Nexus 4 proves, time and time again. Similarly, it has 2 GB of RAM which is not surprising since all high end phones have that amount. Surprisingly, the MotoX has been rumored to have smaller than average, 4.3 inch 720p screen. This is still a big phone, but not as big as the likes of the HTC One or Samsung's Galaxy S4. It's also not as sharp as the two, both the HTC One and Galaxy S4 have 1080p screens while the MotoX sports a 720p screen. A slower processor and a smaller and less sharp screen point at one thing: a cheaper, more affordable unlocked phone. Don't get me wrong, this phone will be fast, lightening fast, but Google and Motorola want to keep costs down as they did with the Nexus 4. Some people may consider this phone is as a mid range phone but that's for you to decide.

I have a question for you guys: Do you think Eric Schmidt accidentally or purposely leaked the MotoX? The pictures look great and he seems to cover up the face of the phone, just to tease us a little bit more Smile
Last edited by Ben ; 07-13-2013 at 05:29 PM.

The following user thanked Ben for this useful post:

imD
07-18-2013, 10:42 AM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Purposely doing this.
Looking forward to if this running a custom android or stock.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo