Post: Warning!!! Rockstar gta online maintenance 5-22-14!!!
05-19-2014, 11:56 PM #1
Chinx Drugz
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); looks like we will be having a 2nd maintenance like the last one where our money got wiped out...

source: You must login or register to view this content.

UPDATE: You must login or register to view this content.

Question: I heard that Rockstar Games is taking action against players who cheated to gain illegitimate RP. Is this true?
Answer: In order to keep Grand Theft Auto Online fair for everyone, we are removing illegitimate RP from the accounts of players who hacked or modded to get ahead.

Question: Is this a one-time RP correction or an ongoing process to identify cheaters who cheat to gain levels?
Answer: Both. The first round of RP correction will occur on 5/20/14 to remove illegitimate RP all the way back to GTA Online’s launch in October 2013. After that, we will be running continual, automated sweeps to identify and correct RP violations.

Question: How much RP will be removed from affected accounts?
Answer: We currently plan to revert the Ranks of affected accounts back to the approximate level they were before the violations occurred.

Question: My little brother’s cousin’s best friend was visiting my house in December 2013 and somehow did something that increased my Rank to 1000. I had nothing to do with it. So I don’t mind the Rank correction, but will my account face any other action?
Answer: We don’t plan on taking further action beyond RP reduction when the first round of correction hits on 5/20/14 for players whose accounts show limited modification. But please be warned: accounts found to be hacking or modding to generate illegitimate amounts of RP after 5/20/14 will be subject to further action at our discretion, such as time in the Cheater Pool or Bad Sport Pool. Repeat offenders may also have their accounts reset, experience bans, or have all their GTA$ removed (other than unspent Shark Card funds).

Question: Will corrected accounts still get to keep money and other items gained since the violations?
Answer: Yes. In the first wave of corrections, only RP will be affected. GTA$ and other items will not be affected. However, accounts that incur RP violations after 5/20/14 may face further action.

Question: I gained a ton of RP in 2013 without hacking or modding, by taking advantage of certain mission bugs and exploits before they were fixed. Will my RP be adjusted?
Answer: Your RP should only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction.

Question: I know of a new exploit players are using to gain an unfair advantage in GTA Online. How can I report the method as well as the players using it?
Answer: Please submit all the details to [email][email protected][/email]. Be sure to include the Platform, Gamertag or PSN ID of reported players, description of the violation along with steps, time/date of the violation, and any concrete evidence you have such as online video or forum links.
Last edited by Chinx Drugz ; 05-20-2014 at 07:09 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Chinx Drugz for this useful post:

Claw, Dan Dactyl, KimJongIl, RambosNGU
05-20-2014, 07:49 PM #20
Chinx Drugz
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by ToesOnMyHead View Post
What about adding small incremental changes towards your rank? Like lets say you're 100 and you "slowly" go up to lets say 104? Just a thought.

i dont know but just to let everybody know, there's people getting deranked as we speak.. so its already taking affect!!
05-20-2014, 08:01 PM #21
HyJacker
Little One
i was a level 1000 for goofs, i took upon myself a week ago and deranked myself to level 200. I dont need R*'s help on it but anyone above in the 1000s should have all the hell come to them knowing that R* is sniffing around. Like hide and seek pretend you are a normal player and dont spike the money or the rp and you should be fine
Last edited by HyJacker ; 05-20-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: correction
05-20-2014, 08:04 PM #22
Chinx Drugz
< ^ > < ^ >
EXPECT TO SEE THIS ON YA LOADING SCREEN IN A FEW!!! You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Chinx Drugz for this useful post:

KimJongIl
05-20-2014, 08:09 PM #23
HyJacker
Little One
@trippy_driddy: what level were you?
05-20-2014, 08:15 PM #24
Chinx Drugz
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by HyJacker View Post
@trippy_driddy: what level were you?

250 and now im 153
05-20-2014, 08:25 PM #25
KimJongIl
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by driddy View Post
250 and now im 153

And was that 153 all legit or ahhhhhh, better not finish my sentence for fear of giving R* ideas... Winky Winky

The following user thanked KimJongIl for this useful post:

Chinx Drugz
05-20-2014, 08:28 PM #26
HyJacker
Little One
Originally posted by KimJongIl View Post
And was that 153 all legit or ahhhhhh, better not finish my sentence for fear of giving R* ideas... Winky Winky

well im 266 or something but legit on that account its level 0 so idk what will happen
05-20-2014, 08:29 PM #27
Originally posted by driddy View Post
EXPECT TO SEE THIS ON YA LOADING SCREEN IN A FEW!!! You must login or register to view this content.

yea i got it too today....must be a pre warning cuz they didnt adjust shit....yet
05-20-2014, 08:32 PM #28
KimJongIl
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by EHRAB
yea i got it too today....must be a pre warning cuz they didnt adjust shit....yet

Better start stashing the RP down the back of the sofa before they send round the heavies.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo