Post: Warning!!! Rockstar gta online maintenance 5-22-14!!!
05-19-2014, 11:56 PM #1
Chinx Drugz
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); looks like we will be having a 2nd maintenance like the last one where our money got wiped out...

source: You must login or register to view this content.

UPDATE: You must login or register to view this content.

Question: I heard that Rockstar Games is taking action against players who cheated to gain illegitimate RP. Is this true?
Answer: In order to keep Grand Theft Auto Online fair for everyone, we are removing illegitimate RP from the accounts of players who hacked or modded to get ahead.

Question: Is this a one-time RP correction or an ongoing process to identify cheaters who cheat to gain levels?
Answer: Both. The first round of RP correction will occur on 5/20/14 to remove illegitimate RP all the way back to GTA Online’s launch in October 2013. After that, we will be running continual, automated sweeps to identify and correct RP violations.

Question: How much RP will be removed from affected accounts?
Answer: We currently plan to revert the Ranks of affected accounts back to the approximate level they were before the violations occurred.

Question: My little brother’s cousin’s best friend was visiting my house in December 2013 and somehow did something that increased my Rank to 1000. I had nothing to do with it. So I don’t mind the Rank correction, but will my account face any other action?
Answer: We don’t plan on taking further action beyond RP reduction when the first round of correction hits on 5/20/14 for players whose accounts show limited modification. But please be warned: accounts found to be hacking or modding to generate illegitimate amounts of RP after 5/20/14 will be subject to further action at our discretion, such as time in the Cheater Pool or Bad Sport Pool. Repeat offenders may also have their accounts reset, experience bans, or have all their GTA$ removed (other than unspent Shark Card funds).

Question: Will corrected accounts still get to keep money and other items gained since the violations?
Answer: Yes. In the first wave of corrections, only RP will be affected. GTA$ and other items will not be affected. However, accounts that incur RP violations after 5/20/14 may face further action.

Question: I gained a ton of RP in 2013 without hacking or modding, by taking advantage of certain mission bugs and exploits before they were fixed. Will my RP be adjusted?
Answer: Your RP should only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction.

Question: I know of a new exploit players are using to gain an unfair advantage in GTA Online. How can I report the method as well as the players using it?
Answer: Please submit all the details to [email][email protected][/email]. Be sure to include the Platform, Gamertag or PSN ID of reported players, description of the violation along with steps, time/date of the violation, and any concrete evidence you have such as online video or forum links.
Last edited by Chinx Drugz ; 05-20-2014 at 07:09 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Chinx Drugz for this useful post:

Claw, Dan Dactyl, KimJongIl, RambosNGU
05-20-2014, 12:04 AM #2
yes they said they would be deranking people on the newswire before the last update(1.13) they didnt mention touching money or bans...but bans may be coming...IDK if they will do money as the had their handsfull for a month or 2 with people calling/emailing/and posting about them stealing their legit money or Shark Card money and R* said they wouldnt do it again but would fix it differently next time, im guessing this means they will temp ban people that have money thats obviously modded or track the people with Large amounts if their stats dont match up...IDC if they derank me but they shouldnt touch anything else...
05-20-2014, 12:04 AM #3
raduboxer
Vault dweller
meh i don't think they are touching money they are only gonna be on for 1 hour i think they are going to try and fix the freezing issues if they touch my money or derank me i will just put it back fuck them..

The following user thanked raduboxer for this useful post:

SavPhenomenon
05-20-2014, 12:05 AM #4
McNulty
Do a barrel roll!
Thank for your warning.

The following user thanked McNulty for this useful post:

Chinx Drugz
05-20-2014, 12:07 AM #5
that would be nice but the issues with their servers unless already prepared for the issues will be more than a hour long. So if its only a hour of time they must already know the issue and hope they have a fix, unless its already tested on a server they disconnected from the client network and it cleared the issues...who knows
05-20-2014, 12:24 AM #6
-DirtySeX-
< ^ > < ^ >
They reset or ban me so be it, I mod it's bound to happen at some point.

The following 3 users say thank you to -DirtySeX- for this useful post:

AdnanM801, Chinx Drugz, Dan Dactyl
05-20-2014, 12:25 AM #7
Chinx Drugz
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by DirtySeX
They reset or ban me so be it, I mod it's bound to happen at some point.

that's exactly what i said haha

The following user thanked Chinx Drugz for this useful post:

-DirtySeX-
05-20-2014, 01:27 AM #8
Probably they are checking on high levels. If you come to think about it, it is really strange that they release ranks 1000-8000. They added this for a purpose, and the best assumption we can make about this is that they released these new ranks to monitor hackers. Don't be surprised if they start adding MAC address bans, like they did on Black Ops 2. And of course, my best guess is that they are taking glitched money and probably separating those who did any money glitches into a cheater's pool.
05-20-2014, 01:58 AM #9
RambosNGU
Bounty hunter
Time to go to rank 9, sell everything, then delete the money
05-20-2014, 02:01 AM #10
Yay,..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo