04-08-2009, 05:05 PM #1
maryberry01
1 L13K W4FFL35.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I posted this as a reply to Whitey's topic about how to unblock incoming calls using the service TrapCall, and here is the reply I posted to his topic, and two interesting things i've found reading through the You must login or register to view this content. on their website, which you can check for yourself.

The reply I posted:

I did this last month because I was tired of my brother and even my asshole ex getting his friends to crank call me and shit, so a friend told me about TrapCall and I thought it sounded good so I decided to try it.
It worked maybe two times, but then after that, whenever I would deny a blocked phone call it would just go away. Wouldn't ring again or anything.
And if I wasn't near my phone at all, my friend Chelsea said it would ring maybe 15 times and go to voicemail, then hang up.
Which its obviously not supposed to do.
Then one time I was on the phone with a friend for like 12 minutes, and it made a bunch of really weird noises like someone was ****ing choking to death or something, and ended the call.
I called him back and he said he had heard it too, and I know he didn't do it, so I was just really ****ing weirded out by all the shit I was getting from TrapCall so I went to the website to cancel my service and delete my account.
What I'm pretty sure happens is even if you DO answer the phone, all those numbers you type in allow them access to your phone, so they actually have access to your active ingoing and outgoing phone calls. I'm about to go back to the website and really read through the Terms&Conditions and then I'll come back and tell you what it says.
Bottom line is, I really do NOT recommend ANYONE do this!
Not if you care about your privacy!

Two things I found really interesting...

"By using the voicemail transcription feature you are authorizing TrapCall.com and its transcribers to access your voicemail box and listen to your personal voicemails."
umm... WTF?

"TRAPCALL.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SERVICES FURNISHED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, DEFECTS AND/OR ERRORS IN TRANSMITTING, RECEIVING, ORIGINATING, TERMINATING AND/OR DELIVERING TELEPHONE CALLS, REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM."
again, WTF?? why would they feel the need to put this if it couldn't happen? truth is, it obviously can. and they won't do a damned thing about it.

Yeah, you can always go ahead and use the service for yourself, but I just really do NOT recommend it. Freaked me out, and I will never be going back to their service again.
04-08-2009, 06:39 PM #2
Elder Legendah
┌∩┐(◕_◕Winky Winky┌∩┐
haha thats weird,
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM #3
I don't care too much, I don't get any important business calls or anything.
04-08-2009, 07:23 PM #4
AgentJon
Former Staff
oh well i dont care.
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM #5
WilliamsCE24
Little One
good post.....i was thinking about using this up untill now....Thank you for sharingSmile
04-08-2009, 09:05 PM #6
i_qwik-scopes
irsh and proud
oh yh i remember didnt use it
though
04-10-2009, 10:20 AM #7
X Lash
Samurai Poster
yeah she's right guys don't use it... it messed up mine aswell and i can't get any signal anywhere

yeah i put she, cuz she is a girl...
04-17-2009, 08:17 PM #8
PPO
Grunt
what does trapcall do?
05-08-2009, 06:56 PM #9
I am using Trapcall Free to block a call from a person i dont like calling me.. what i wonder tho is... do you have to use their voice mail? I have Verizon and use the ringback tones... if all my calls are going to trapcall now this is a waste....

Can i use the blocking service but not the voice mail?

BethGasp:p
05-14-2009, 03:15 PM #10
im not gonna use it thx

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo