04-08-2009, 05:05 PM #1
maryberry01
1 L13K W4FFL35.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I posted this as a reply to Whitey's topic about how to unblock incoming calls using the service TrapCall, and here is the reply I posted to his topic, and two interesting things i've found reading through the You must login or register to view this content. on their website, which you can check for yourself.

The reply I posted:

I did this last month because I was tired of my brother and even my asshole ex getting his friends to crank call me and shit, so a friend told me about TrapCall and I thought it sounded good so I decided to try it.
It worked maybe two times, but then after that, whenever I would deny a blocked phone call it would just go away. Wouldn't ring again or anything.
And if I wasn't near my phone at all, my friend Chelsea said it would ring maybe 15 times and go to voicemail, then hang up.
Which its obviously not supposed to do.
Then one time I was on the phone with a friend for like 12 minutes, and it made a bunch of really weird noises like someone was ****ing choking to death or something, and ended the call.
I called him back and he said he had heard it too, and I know he didn't do it, so I was just really ****ing weirded out by all the shit I was getting from TrapCall so I went to the website to cancel my service and delete my account.
What I'm pretty sure happens is even if you DO answer the phone, all those numbers you type in allow them access to your phone, so they actually have access to your active ingoing and outgoing phone calls. I'm about to go back to the website and really read through the Terms&Conditions and then I'll come back and tell you what it says.
Bottom line is, I really do NOT recommend ANYONE do this!
Not if you care about your privacy!

Two things I found really interesting...

"By using the voicemail transcription feature you are authorizing TrapCall.com and its transcribers to access your voicemail box and listen to your personal voicemails."
umm... WTF?

"TRAPCALL.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SERVICES FURNISHED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, DEFECTS AND/OR ERRORS IN TRANSMITTING, RECEIVING, ORIGINATING, TERMINATING AND/OR DELIVERING TELEPHONE CALLS, REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM."
again, WTF?? why would they feel the need to put this if it couldn't happen? truth is, it obviously can. and they won't do a damned thing about it.

Yeah, you can always go ahead and use the service for yourself, but I just really do NOT recommend it. Freaked me out, and I will never be going back to their service again.
05-20-2009, 02:13 AM #11
Yeah i never put it to use, thanks for sharing
05-20-2009, 05:54 AM #12
dz93
Banned
I'm using and when I call people or receive calls it works just fine. The voicemail thing is kinda annoying but hell if I can freak people out by telling them their number when they try to prank call me or somethin it's worth it. So far I haven't noticed any problems using trapcall.
05-20-2009, 03:23 PM #13
Rage
NGU Original
I'm not going to use it. I have some mad deranged feeling that something bad will happen if i do:p
07-03-2009, 07:07 PM #14
ghetto8
I HAS PET PENGUIN PLOX?
I used to use TrapCall. I got rid of it on my phone though because I got tired of all of my voicemails going to an e-mail instead of my phone though. I would rather be able to just check my voicemails on my phone rather than having to go onto my computer and check my e-mail just to listen to a voicemail.
07-03-2009, 08:19 PM #15
Shadow_Killer
UnderCover Adrninistrator
I always Use TrapCall on my phone. I hasn't Damaged it Yet. And for the Voice mail thing it is Really Annoying. But i never Usually Get Voice mails i usually always answer. Everybody thinks i hacked my phone and i just laghf because i dident do anything to it really its just TrapCall. =]

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo