Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
03-27-2015, 02:37 PM #173
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by HighModzz View Post
I would Invest in PC but to much Money. Why by a PC when you can Buy a car or an apartment for the same price? I mean Sure, its gaming for all the people that like it, but the money for a PC is RIDICULOUS. People buy Consoles because its cheap and easy to use. I love to play on the PC. But TBH, I gave up on it. After buying a bunch of games on steam.. I just realized it eats your money. Also - running at a 180kb/s down speed its really not fun. If i were to buy a PC I would go in. Dont buy a shitty 600$ PC. Yes They work good. But Buy a 2,000$ PC that Is a tank and do something with it. So. that being said, Don't waste money unless you have money to waste. Just Have fun Smile #Console

Yes buy a $2000 pc if you really want it won't run much better at 1080p then a $600 pc i mean you said buy a car well buy a $600 pc and a $1400 car you can get both
03-27-2015, 06:33 PM #174
HighModzz
Bounty hunter
true. but its a money taker.
04-02-2015, 06:09 PM #175
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by HighModzz View Post
I would Invest in PC but to much Money. Why by a PC when you can Buy a car or an apartment for the same price? I mean Sure, its gaming for all the people that like it, but the money for a PC is RIDICULOUS. People buy Consoles because its cheap and easy to use. I love to play on the PC. But TBH, I gave up on it. After buying a bunch of games on steam.. I just realized it eats your money. Also - running at a 180kb/s down speed its really not fun. If i were to buy a PC I would go in. Dont buy a shitty 600$ PC. Yes They work good. But Buy a 2,000$ PC that Is a tank and do something with it. So. that being said, Don't waste money unless you have money to waste. Just Have fun Smile #Console

By that logic why invest in anything that fun and unproductive. Pc cheaper if your smart but higher start cost.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

HighModzz
04-05-2015, 07:15 PM #176
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
By that logic why invest in anything that fun and unproductive. Pc cheaper if your smart but higher start cost.

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

04-07-2015, 01:48 AM #177
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
i changed to PC, my build is not that good but it runs the games i want to play at 1080p 60fps and it looks better than my ps3. only spent about $200 on it just adding to what my pc already comes with.
04-12-2015, 11:24 AM #178
Originally posted by fadeszz View Post
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended.

UPDATED BUILD

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long

This is a really good list.

I personally game on both a PS4 and PC my PC tends to get heavier usage because of LoL & GW2 -
I play BF4 and CS:GO from time to time with a bit of Black Ops 2 as well.
I recently built two pc's for friends one around the £450 mark and another £480 both completely demolish my PS4 in terms of power and graphics. Sorry it's not in dollars as I live in the UK ^^

With console games averaging around £50/£55 now I have really slowed down on my PS4 I was so hyped for Bloodbourne but with a £55 price tag I walked.

£50 on pc would get me so many games. I think many people don't understand how beneficial PC gaming is most of you reckon you can buy a car for a substantial PC....where do you live? I would love to buy a car that runs smooth for £500.

As the OP said what with the game selection PC gaming is only going to become more alive. If I listed all the games I play on PC then the games I play on my PS4 which of this moment is Advanced Warfare and a bit of Driveclub it makes me regret buying the damn thing.

I think a lot of people don't seem to realise that if you purchase a PC now for say $600/£500 that would outlast the PS4 and Xbox One no problem at all. Then even when you do decide to upgrade, chances are you're looking at £150/$200 max for a more substantial GPU.... It's so much more cost effective, what with the likes of GW2, WoW, LoL, Dota2, CS:GO etc etc etc

Stranded Deep is in early access, if you like survival games that have a really unique flavour .... ( i frikkin love this game atm ) you're only going to experience it on PC.... and for a sum price of £9.00 man my wallet has more cash in it than ever since I started building PC's. I should note that it's probably because I vape instead of smoke now too but ....you guys don't need in's and out's ^^
04-12-2015, 02:26 PM #179
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by IamKern View Post
This is a really good list.

I personally game on both a PS4 and PC my PC tends to get heavier usage because of LoL & GW2 -
I play BF4 and CS:GO from time to time with a bit of Black Ops 2 as well.
I recently built two pc's for friends one around the £450 mark and another £480 both completely demolish my PS4 in terms of power and graphics. Sorry it's not in dollars as I live in the UK ^^

With console games averaging around £50/£55 now I have really slowed down on my PS4 I was so hyped for Bloodbourne but with a £55 price tag I walked.

£50 on pc would get me so many games. I think many people don't understand how beneficial PC gaming is most of you reckon you can buy a car for a substantial PC....where do you live? I would love to buy a car that runs smooth for £500.

As the OP said what with the game selection PC gaming is only going to become more alive. If I listed all the games I play on PC then the games I play on my PS4 which of this moment is Advanced Warfare and a bit of Driveclub it makes me regret buying the damn thing.

I think a lot of people don't seem to realise that if you purchase a PC now for say $600/£500 that would outlast the PS4 and Xbox One no problem at all. Then even when you do decide to upgrade, chances are you're looking at £150/$200 max for a more substantial GPU.... It's so much more cost effective, what with the likes of GW2, WoW, LoL, Dota2, CS:GO etc etc etc

Stranded Deep is in early access, if you like survival games that have a really unique flavour .... ( i frikkin love this game atm ) you're only going to experience it on PC.... and for a sum price of £9.00 man my wallet has more cash in it than ever since I started building PC's. I should note that it's probably because I vape instead of smoke now too but ....you guys don't need in's and out's ^^

In the US you could get a rather decent older car think mid 90s honda or maybe a vw if you get lucky and it doesn't need a new trans. but yea 500 pounds is about the sweet spot with a 8core amd or a i5 and a 270x or 280 graphics card
04-18-2015, 07:42 PM #180
Midnight.eGo
from El Paso, Texas (915)
Originally posted by FaZe
In the US you could get a rather decent older car think mid 90s honda or maybe a vw if you get lucky and it doesn't need a new trans. but yea 500 pounds is about the sweet spot with a 8core amd or a i5 and a 270x or 280 graphics card

pc gaming will make you obese
04-26-2015, 06:52 PM #181
I think both pc and ps3 are operable

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo