Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
07-30-2015, 05:06 PM #191
Which pc should i buy i really need one for gaming.
I got a budget like 3000 dollars or 2 lakh rupees
08-06-2015, 02:05 PM #192
zone84
Keeper

Via article : "For the first web edition of Blueprints, we went big for our Turbo build. Big case, big on memory, and big on video performance. The Turbo is meant for gamers and enthusiasts with deep pockets, so we didn't have to hold back (well, at least not too much)."

You'll get a beast of a computer with $3k budget.

You want to build your own, not buy one. You must login or register to view this content.

Also check this link... You must login or register to view this content.
08-18-2015, 06:15 PM #193
Ajax Blue
Bounty hunter
1. Half the parts aren't listed.

2. The parts that are are price paired to unreliable sources. The reliable merchants (like newegg) cost roughly 15% more than the price listings in the chart. So, at best, you're looking at a $750 PC, not including S&H and assuming you don't need better cooling for black tie protection...since not all environments are suitable for case ventilation.

3. PS+ and XBL offer freebies, so the game expense is lower. They haven't really done a great job recently, but their trailing doesn't make for a reliable eight year estimate. If you don't take advantage of freebies though, that's a consumer problem, not a marketing one.

This thread is a scam.
Last edited by Ajax Blue ; 08-18-2015 at 06:18 PM.
08-18-2015, 06:20 PM #194
Gay For Satan
DevouringHeavens
Originally posted by Ajax

2. The parts that are are price paired to unreliable sources. The reliable merchants (like newegg) cost roughly 15% more than the price listings in the chart. So, at best, you're looking at a $750 PC, not including S&H and assuming you don't need better cooling for black tie protection...since not all environments are suitable for case ventilation.

3. PS+ and XBL offer freebies, so the game expense is lower. They haven't really done a great job recently, but their trailing doesn't make for a reliable eight year estimate. If you don't take advantage of freebies though, that's a consumer problem, not a marketing one.

This thread is a scam.

:lol:
1. This thread is over a year old, no shit the parts might not be in stock. If anything the parts have gotten cheaper & better since then.
2. Not everyone uses freebie games.
3. Your math fuckin sucks because even if you add all that shit up, PC still costs cheaper in the long run.
4. ur a retard m8
08-18-2015, 06:29 PM #195
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Gay
1. This thread is over a year old, no shit the parts might not be in stock. If anything the parts have gotten cheaper & better since then.
3. Your math fuckin sucks because even if you add all that shit up, PC still costs cheaper in the long run.
4. ur a retard m8

i just updated it i dont think parts are out of stock
08-18-2015, 06:30 PM #196
Toke
PC Master Race

This thread is a scam.

all the merchants there are reliable merchants. i wouid buy from any, this isn't 10-15 years ago newegg isn't the best anymore
08-18-2015, 06:32 PM #197
Ajax Blue
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Gay
4. ur a retard m8

1. Consumer problem, not a marketing one.

2. I can't calculate free games in XBL and PS+, but based on history with AAA games, mainstream games will run enough sales to save over $1500 on consoles and $1000 on PC. Projections: They're more reliable than trendsetting.
08-18-2015, 06:34 PM #198
Toke
PC Master Race
1. Consumer problem, not a marketing one.

2. I can't calculate free games in XBL and PS+, but based on history with AAA games, mainstream games will run enough sales to save over $1500 on consoles and $1000 on PC. Projections: They're more reliable than trendsetting.

how is a game free if you have to pay to access it? (PS+ and XBL)
08-18-2015, 06:39 PM #199
Ajax Blue
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Tolkien View Post
all the merchants there are reliable merchants. i wouid buy from any, this isn't 10-15 years ago newegg isn't the best anymore

Did you even bother to check who half the merchants are? Sometimes parts are sold directly from Amazon, which isn't bad...but the rest rely on prices from store pickups (if a store is even near) or are unreliable and have little information on the BBB. A merchant like OutletPC isn't very reliable when reviews are stretched thin. Unless you just don't care where your money goes, but that's contradictory to the message you're trying to pass with this thread.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo