Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
02-03-2017, 01:02 AM #290
guys im glad to announce that i will be building me a $1000 gaming pc for my birthday (February 18th) and have been a console gamer my whole lfie. Happy
02-03-2017, 11:06 AM #291
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Daniel41550 View Post
They do, just having the game will lead to some people paying for microtransactions and such, and I know PC doesn't have WOW or Morrowwind, but show me a PC that can play The Last of Us or God of War.

Um we do have WoW and Morrowwind.
02-04-2017, 10:01 PM #292
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
Um we do have WoW and Morrowwind.

but we dont have 1 pretty good game , and a generic fighting game based in greek mythology

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Cryptic
02-05-2017, 12:59 AM #293
tunde1992
League Champion
I wish exclusives didn't exist at all, and i certainly don't think saying you have to buy a certain system in order to even play a specific game is a good argument for the worth of that system, when the idea is that the system is so lacking that they have to force you to buy that specific system in order to play the game. it's not in the best interest of anyone at all, console players or PC. Consoles are honestly not too bad though, seeing i've owned a bit of them. To be fair though, i haven't bought a ps3 game in almost 5 years, and i refuse to pay for online any more, there's absolutely no advantages ps+ or xbox live for the price.
02-05-2017, 02:37 PM #294
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
I've actually done more than my fair share of work for video game companies over the years, including some giants (and their founders), and the general feeling amongst many game developers who care about the quality of their products (as opposed to developers who only care about pumping out game-to-sell after game-to-sell) is that they really wish they didn't have to make their products cross-platform either. They do because the market demand is too high, and the companies that are traded publicly really have no choice in the matter because if they didn't it would be a guaranteed shareholder lawsuit, but even most privately held companies don't have a choice -- even if they, hypothetically, didn't care about profits, the drop in profits would lead to a hostile takeover from a healthier developer (usually EA -- they gobble up privately-owned developers to the point that it's kept some of my clients awake at night, even big names).

The reason they care is the obvious one: Their games suffer as a result. Ports from any console to PC, or vice-versa, take a big hit, and limit what either version can do in terms of functionality. It doesn't just affect console games -- Your PC game is extremely limited because the developers also plan to make console versions and need them to be comparable enough for the process to be cost-effective. (Not many PC games truly use 64 bit architecture, for instance, despite having the ability to do so for ages. Yes, most games will use it if you have it, but will also run without it just fine, because it wasn't programmed specifically to take advantage of it. Often even when a game is released solely onto PC but without actual 64 bit, it's because they're in talks to port it to consoles.) While it's less noticeable, it also limits the quality of console games -- if they plan to release a PC version, the functionality of the console at issue can never be fully utlilized. Same goes for releasing both Xbox and PS versions of a game. I don't know Xbox very well, but that's why some of the very best titles on PS are PS exclusives -- Obviously the development teams should be given full credit, but they're also allowed to run with the entire panoply of features and architecture present within the system they're working with, and not weighed down by anything else (look at most Naughy Dog games, anything from Team ICO but especially SotC, most of the God of War series, and out of the Souls series, Demon Souls takes the best advantage of the PS3's architecture by far even if they were still getting into the groove of things from a technical standpoint).

I love me some PC, but unfortunately, most PC titles that attempt to take full advantage of what PCs have to offer tend to be strategy games, which as much as I love them, can't really show off the full power of a PC -- they just use that extra juice to throw extra units (or in 4x, extra areas you and your opponents have conquered) onto the map without bogging your system down signficantly. I'd kill for a Mass Effect or Dragon Age game to be PC exclusive, since they're meant to be played on PC anyway in my opinion, and could really benefit from a PC's extra horsepower. But as with prior titles, while I've never worked with Bioware I can guarantee you that ME Andromeda's PC version is being watered down signficantly from what it COULD do because it just wouldn't be cost-effective to create a PC version and a console version -- So we'll get 1 version that runs on all 3, with the option to tweak a bit for PC, as usual. As awesome as Skyrim was (Oblivion was cool but a bit of a letdown after Morrowind, for me), think how awesome it would have been if they weren't also creating console versions at the same time.

And again, these aren't just my thoughts -- I've heard them time and time again through my career, from some of the biggest names in the industry. But they are businesses, first and foremost. One thing I've commonly heard is it would be great if there were only 1 platform to play, but that still wouldn't take care of the PC to console problem.

I'm not at all trying to express any bias one way or another in this post. I'm an avid PC gamer and avid console gamer. Took my first PC apart at age 3. Built my first at age 5 (I did not put that first one, at age 3, back together again -- and paid hell for it -- it was 1983 so computers were a bit more expensive). Been playing console games since my neighbor got a NES before Super Mario even came out (it was just Mario then -- and it sucked in comparison to the more famous Super Mario that later came out). I enjoy playing some games on PC, and others on console. I enjoy exclusives not because I like the thought of denying someone else the opportunity to play, but because the quality ratchets up quite noticeably (usually) compared to other titles of the time. I might be the only avid PC gamer who was happy to see that Bloodbourne was going to be PS4-exclusive.

And, despite all this, I agree with the above poster's statement that "i certainly don't think saying you have to buy a certain system in order to even play a specific game is a good argument for the worth of that system." I've yet to meet a game, 1 sole game, that's worth both its cost and the cost of a $400 to $600 USD system. There are certainly some amazing exclusives out there, but not enough to warrant buying a console if you're not otherwise a console gamer. Not even The Last of Us or Shadows of the Colossus.

The above was prepared at my direction for medical reasons.
03-20-2017, 02:05 PM #295
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Toke View Post
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one which isnt as recomended feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long

I don't know why I would kill my console for a PC. I mean, I'd buy a PC and keep my console. Still looking for a PC to build, but I don't know too much with hardware and stuff. Maybe you can help me?
03-20-2017, 02:08 PM #296
runningman420
I defeated!
I've killed my console and moved up to the PC . but where are the PC game modz lol,does anyone know any good PC game mod websites
03-20-2017, 02:35 PM #297
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Google "Nexus mods". Just make sure to follow instructions to the letter particularly if you are manually installing mods.
Last edited by aeneax ; 03-20-2017 at 02:37 PM.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

runningman420
03-20-2017, 02:57 PM #298
runningman420
I defeated!
Originally posted by aeneax View Post
Google "Nexus mods". Just make sure to follow instructions to the letter particularly if you are manually installing mods.

Thanks buddy just been on nexus they don't have mods for latest games like iw & battlefield but these games are modded all over youtube
Last edited by runningman420 ; 03-20-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo