07-14-2010, 12:26 AM #1
Impluse
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So guys i need your help Happy... I have a $5000 budget for a laptop and i don't know what to choose. I am stuck between a Alienware M15/17x or a Apple MacBook Pro 15/17 inch. Now i want a gaming laptop and a laptop i can use for editing and graphics. I really need a strong opinion on which one i should get... i also customized to my needs and both came up to around $3900. I've been reading alot of reviews and heard an alienware is good for all those things but a macbook is only good for like editing etc. So i really need a strong opinion on which one i should get... Help please Happy

The following user thanked Impluse for this useful post:

rokkafella-3
07-14-2010, 04:25 AM #2
you cant play many games on a mac...

Id go with a Alienware anyday
07-16-2010, 02:22 AM #3
masako
Save Point
Macs don't have DX11 meaning they lack on the gaming side. I would go with alien ware. you sure you need the portability though, because for 5000 you could buy a beast of a desktop.
07-16-2010, 02:34 AM #4
Kervrn
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Impluse View Post
So guys i need your help Happy... I have a $5000 budget for a laptop and i don't know what to choose. I am stuck between a Alienware M15/17x or a Apple MacBook Pro 15/17 inch. Now i want a gaming laptop and a laptop i can use for editing and graphics. I really need a strong opinion on which one i should get... i also customized to my needs and both came up to around $3900. I've been reading alot of reviews and heard an alienware is good for all those things but a macbook is only good for like editing etc. So i really need a strong opinion on which one i should get... Help please Happy

Alienware is the best!! beats apple any day...alien is best for gaming...
07-16-2010, 02:47 AM #5
ToeMold
Wait...what?
My opinion:
Wtf are you doing spending that much on a laptop?

When on Earth will you ever need to quickly play some Crysis in high quality and you're on the move?

Seriously, do yourself the biggest favour of all and get a desktop computer. For that kind of money, you could be talking a really amazing computer.

I wouldn't get a gaming laptop, because in all honesty, will you really use the laptop for it's main selling point, portability? Will you ever be on a bus, with a headset on screaming at your laptop because there is a team-killer?

A good laptop will do, but not a gaming laptop. If you want a gaming rig or an editing rig, get a desktop.

/AC
07-16-2010, 03:14 AM #6
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Laptops are horrible for gaming, get a desktop. A custom one, in your case. You'll save money, and get what you want.

You must login or register to view this content.

They're pretty much fully customizable.
07-16-2010, 03:41 AM #7
Impluse
Pokemon Trainer
Well ive been talking to my dad and he is also saying that a desktop is better for gaming. The only reason i wanted a laptop is because i like to travel alot with my family and i get bored sometimes. I also might consider building my own desktop cuz i saw an intel i7 quad core for sale Happy... Thanks for tips guys Happy
07-16-2010, 03:54 AM #8
underzz
Gym leader
I have Mac and i love it,and on Mac u can gaming still,u can use yours steam account on mac no prob.
07-16-2010, 04:29 PM #9
Impluse
Pokemon Trainer
Yeah you can game on a mac with steam but i heard you will be dropping alot of frames O__o
07-16-2010, 04:48 PM #10
A96
Do a barrel roll!
Alienware M17x.But as ppl have said desktops are the best.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo