07-14-2010, 12:26 AM #1
Impluse
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So guys i need your help Happy... I have a $5000 budget for a laptop and i don't know what to choose. I am stuck between a Alienware M15/17x or a Apple MacBook Pro 15/17 inch. Now i want a gaming laptop and a laptop i can use for editing and graphics. I really need a strong opinion on which one i should get... i also customized to my needs and both came up to around $3900. I've been reading alot of reviews and heard an alienware is good for all those things but a macbook is only good for like editing etc. So i really need a strong opinion on which one i should get... Help please Happy

The following user thanked Impluse for this useful post:

rokkafella-3
07-16-2010, 05:19 PM #11
I would go for a desktop I only have a laptop but I rarely take it out anywhere only bonus is when I go to college I can take it with me and use it.
07-16-2010, 05:23 PM #12
only thing that comes to mind is Alienware:love:

check it out [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWbpWHOIiAs&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Chilla Frilla - Alienware M15x Review (with Gameplay)[/ame]
07-16-2010, 05:31 PM #13
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Don't get an Alienware, anything Dell is always over-priced and not as good as they tell you. Every hardcore PC gamer I know says Alienware isn't worth the hassle nor the cost.

Custom is the way to go, because you get what you want for a better price, you just gotta find a good site. CyberPower is a no-no, iBuyPower is good from what I hear.

But getting a premade will cost you a lot more if you wanna upgrade it.

You could probably get a well over-clocked PC for around 3,000.

The following user thanked Booshykins for this useful post:

iRanch
07-16-2010, 05:41 PM #14
chargers705
Little One
If getting a laptop. Get a alienware.
07-17-2010, 09:24 AM #15
Vue
Climbing up the ladder
I Would Pick An AlienWare desktop
07-19-2010, 04:58 PM #16
Impluse
Pokemon Trainer
So what if i get a desktop, should i build it or have on premade???
07-19-2010, 05:10 PM #17
Originally posted by Impluse View Post
So guys i need your help Happy... I have a $5000 budget for a laptop and i don't know what to choose. I am stuck between a Alienware M15/17x or a Apple MacBook Pro 15/17 inch. Now i want a gaming laptop and a laptop i can use for editing and graphics. I really need a strong opinion on which one i should get... i also customized to my needs and both came up to around $3900. I've been reading alot of reviews and heard an alienware is good for all those things but a macbook is only good for like editing etc. So i really need a strong opinion on which one i should get... Help please Happy

Give me 500 of those dollars? lol sad thing is I'm serious, my PS3 died a few days ago and I'm bored out of my mind :(
07-19-2010, 05:25 PM #18
Default Avatar
crak585
Originally posted by Awesomechaos View Post
My opinion:
Wtf are you doing spending that much on a laptop?

When on Earth will you ever need to quickly play some Crysis in high quality and you're on the move?

Seriously, do yourself the biggest favour of all and get a desktop computer. For that kind of money, you could be talking a really amazing computer.

I wouldn't get a gaming laptop, because in all honesty, will you really use the laptop for it's main selling point, portability? Will you ever be on a bus, with a headset on screaming at your laptop because there is a team-killer?

A good laptop will do, but not a gaming laptop. If you want a gaming rig or an editing rig, get a desktop.

/AC

I bought a GATEWAY gaming laptop a couple years ago and it can still play games in amazing quality. I spent $1100 for it and at the time it was one of the best gaming laptops out there for the money. $5000 is way too much for a gaming laptop. I would look into gaming laptops sold at bestbuy. They have some really good ones for a lot less. They have some from Asus, Toshiba, Gateway, and other brands that have some good performance. I would stay away from the overpriced Alienware and Macs and either find a cheaper option with the same performance or buy a desktop that has good performance for a lot cheaper.
07-19-2010, 07:31 PM #19
3RIC
Climbing up the ladder
if i were u i would choose alienware. i think those laptops are amazing, also u should check out the dell gaming laptops, there also amazing. i have had 1

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo