10-01-2011, 06:50 PM #1
TRBZA
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So basically i want a PC that costs no more than £600/900$, It has to be able to run cod4 at 125fps on max settings and minecraft on the highest settings at atleast 100fps whilst being able to record with fraps, and the site which you build it on has to be able to ship to The Republic of Ireland or the UK if Ireland isnt an option. =D Good luck.
10-03-2011, 12:06 AM #11
Good luck with this, I suggest anyone who is going to help him with this use hardwareversande.de, very cheap, very fast, and they ship to Ireland. It's a german site so but you can translate to English.
10-03-2011, 01:35 AM #12
Shebang
Bring back the smileys!
Originally posted by IIxAaRoN
i'll do that then :p but is there a difference between installing 32bit and 64, i pirated Win 7 32 on my laptop no problem, but is the installation process different for 64 bit in anyway ? or does 64bit only run on certain mobo's etc... this will be the 1st PC i've built so im a total n00b :derp:---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------What site did you buy your parts of ? if it doesn't ship to Ireland thats no big deal because i have a few relations living in the US and shipping the parts for a pc wouldn't cost them as much but shipping the actual pc would cost a small fortune, and what GPU did you find better the GTX 560 (was your a 560 Ti or just a 560 btw) or the Radeon 6950 thanks in advance Smile
I bought em off Newegg. In my experience, the 560 (non-ti) was pretty good with all games, and never had an issue, but the 6950 pretty much ensured that almost no game ran under 90FPS. If you are willing to spend a little extra on the 6950, it's just as quiet, the card stays cooler (37-41 degrees with no special cooling, which is AWESOME), and will give you a 20-50FPS boost on most games. If you don't find all that necessary, the GTX 560 is fine, and doesn't run much warmer thank the 6950 (40-45 degrees).
10-03-2011, 02:32 AM #13
gola
OVER 9000!
i'll do that then :p but is there a difference between installing 32bit and 64, i pirated Win 7 32 on my laptop no problem, but is the installation process different for 64 bit in anyway ? or does 64bit only run on certain mobo's etc... this will be the 1st PC i've built so im a total n00b :derp:

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

What site did you buy your parts of ? if it doesn't ship to Ireland thats no big deal because i have a few relations living in the US and shipping the parts for a pc wouldn't cost them as much but shipping the actual pc would cost a small fortune, and what GPU did you find better the GTX 560 (was your a 560 Ti or just a 560 btw) or the Radeon 6950 thanks in advance Smile

Yeah it's pretty much exactly the same.

Btw you will need the 64-bit version.. just to confirm, without 64-bit you can't use more than 3.2 Gigabytes of RAM.
10-03-2011, 04:17 PM #14
TRBZA
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Suckage View Post
I bought em off Newegg. In my experience, the 560 (non-ti) was pretty good with all games, and never had an issue, but the 6950 pretty much ensured that almost no game ran under 90FPS. If you are willing to spend a little extra on the 6950, it's just as quiet, the card stays cooler (37-41 degrees with no special cooling, which is AWESOME), and will give you a 20-50FPS boost on most games. If you don't find all that necessary, the GTX 560 is fine, and doesn't run much warmer thank the 6950 (40-45 degrees).

Would a EVGA GTX 550 ti 2GB GPU be better than the GTX 560 1GB ?
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM #15
Shebang
Bring back the smileys!
Would a EVGA GTX 550 ti 2GB GPU be better than the GTX 560 1GB ?
Almost pointless to have a 2GB 550Ti.
10-03-2011, 04:44 PM #16
TRBZA
Vault dweller
Almost pointless to have a 2GB 550Ti.

Ok, this is what I have so far for 623 EURO's, still need a PSU though, can you recommend one ?, what Watt i need etc Smile

CASE - Cooler Master Storm Scout - You must login or register to view this content.

CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 980 Black Edition - You must login or register to view this content.

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3, AMD 990X, AM3+, ATX - You must login or register to view this content.

GPU - EVGA GTX 560 Ti 1GB - You must login or register to view this content.

RAM - 8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - You must login or register to view this content.

HDD - SEAGATE Barracuda Green 1TB 5900.3 SATA II - You must login or register to view this content.

DISC DRIVE - LG GH24NS - You must login or register to view this content.
10-03-2011, 05:09 PM #17
Shebang
Bring back the smileys!
Ok, this is what I have so far for 623 EURO's, still need a PSU though, can you recommend one ?, what Watt i need etc SmileCASE - Cooler Master Storm Scout - You must login or register to view this content.CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 980 Black Edition - You must login or register to view this content.Mobo - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3, AMD 990X, AM3+, ATX - You must login or register to view this content.GPU - EVGA GTX 560 Ti 1GB - You must login or register to view this content.RAM - 8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - You must login or register to view this content.HDD - SEAGATE Barracuda Green 1TB 5900.3 SATA II - You must login or register to view this content.DISC DRIVE - LG GH24NS - You must login or register to view this content.
For a PSU - 850W Thermaltake. Better to have more power than less. With your case, I'd reccomend an Antec Three Hundred Illusion. Not sure if I reccomended it already but it's only 70$ US, and has AMAZING cooling. Seagate's are overpriced, go with a Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB, not much more than the case and uses a technology that runs it slower if unecessary, and as high as 10k RPM if necessary.
10-03-2011, 07:09 PM #18
TRBZA
Vault dweller
For a PSU - 850W Thermaltake. Better to have more power than less. With your case, I'd reccomend an Antec Three Hundred Illusion. Not sure if I reccomended it already but it's only 70$ US, and has AMAZING cooling. Seagate's are overpriced, go with a Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB, not much more than the case and uses a technology that runs it slower if unecessary, and as high as 10k RPM if necessary.

The site im buying off doesn't have that case :(, and would an 850W Really be necessary, i don't want a ridiculous power bill lol :p.

and i've changed now to this case : You must login or register to view this content. ? this better or worse Smile
10-03-2011, 07:22 PM #19
Shebang
Bring back the smileys!
The site im buying off doesn't have that case :(, and would an 850W Really be necessary, i don't want a ridiculous power bill lol :p.

and i've changed now to this case : You must login or register to view this content. ? this better or worse Smile

Good choice on the new case :y:. It is very necessary to have a good power supply, because if you have a lower wattage, it may not be able to handle all the parts at one time and fry (Not good :P). If you think 850W is too much, then buy an 800W power supply. I just reccomended an 850 so you may not have to upgrade in the future when you purchase new parts.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo