07-24-2012, 07:38 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In this thread I’m going to tell you how to get the most performance for your money in a gaming pc. This is pointed toward those building a 500$- 750$. Many people would use a AMD cpu such as a AMD CPU such as the FX 4100 or AMD Phenom II series CPU which are great. Just the Phenom II is aging quickly and nothing is wrong with the FX4100 is a underappreciated CPU in my opinion. When making a list you must recognize a luxury and a true performance booster. I noticed no offence to those who do this I do it sometimes, but people will put a more expensive Intel motherboard and k series CPU, and a CPU cooler. (Prices from You must login or register to view this content.)
• Intel i5 2500k CPU $219.99
• ASRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard $119.99
• Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1gb 256bit graphics card $169.99
• Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus CPU cooler $19.99
That is a killer combo but if you take a look price wise the K series CPU is 10-20$ more in money, that CPU cooler is 20$, also if u get a non overclockable CPUyou can get a H77 or B75 motherboard and that will save you money over a z68 or z77, p67 motherboard. Overall that’s a good 60$ you can save from a 500$ pc build and that’s a lot of money for that small of a budget. Compare too...

• Intel core i5 3450 199.99
• MSI H77MA-G43 H77 motherboard $74.99
• Sapphire Radeon 6870 1gb 256bit graphics card $169.99

Those a both great starts, the bottom 1 can even get a little 60gb SSD to hold you OS or Games. Overclocking is great, fun but I’d definitely choose a SSD over overclocking in a 500$ computer, also overclocking doesn’t as give as much performance as a SSD even a compared to a non overclocked i5 CPU. If You need any help or suggestions feel free to ask
Last edited by Toke ; 07-25-2012 at 04:51 AM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

FourzerotwoFAILS, G2BR, Stone
07-24-2012, 07:44 PM #2
Thanks! I've been looking into getting a new computer, the specs seem to match what I'm looking for and so does the price range Winky Winky
07-24-2012, 10:38 PM #3
Thanks for this. I'm also looking to get a new computer and the ~$500 price seems pretty good for me at the moment.
07-25-2012, 04:21 AM #4
Millz
Worth the Weight
But that's not a complete build for 500 bucks. You just listed some parts that wouldn't even boot....

The best build I can muster up for that low price range is:

CPU: You must login or register to view this content.
GPU : You must login or register to view this content.
MOBO:You must login or register to view this content.
RAM: You must login or register to view this content.
CASE: You must login or register to view this content.
BURNER: You must login or register to view this content.
HDSad Awesome You must login or register to view this content.
PSU: You must login or register to view this content.

You shouldn't even go this low though. This PC isn't fit for proper gaming, and you're just better off saving money up until you have like $800.
07-25-2012, 05:45 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
that would be a 750$ dollar pc, but it would have a ton of preformance

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

it was about when your at a low budget try to give up luxury's such as overclocking or having the newest chipset to get that quad core or big card like the 6850 or 6870 to get graphical performance my best 500$ build, its more a gaming rig, but yours isnt half bad as a overall pc

CPU You must login or register to view this content.
CASE You must login or register to view this content.
GFX You must login or register to view this content.
MOBO You must login or register to view this content.
RAM You must login or register to view this content.
HDD You must login or register to view this content.
PSU You must login or register to view this content.
DD You must login or register to view this content.
07-25-2012, 06:13 AM #6
TPB Bubbles
< ^ > < ^ >
Could you maybe build a nice cheap set up for somebody who would like to work around a amd fx8150 working with about $850-$1,000
07-25-2012, 07:23 AM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
thats cake, the FX8150 cant compare to the power of a i7 if it isn't for gaming i could make u a list
07-25-2012, 11:54 AM #8
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
thats cake, the FX8150 cant compare to the power of a i7 if it isn't for gaming i could make u a list

I'm currently looking for a PC to buy, mainly just for performance but I will also most likely go into gaming on it.
I don't really want to custom build it just because it's a bit of a hassle to be honest.
Would you say this computer would be good, I know for a fact I'll play DayZ but I may move onto games such as Battlefield 3 so I want to make sure that it will run it and run it well.
You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks in advance, if you have any suggestions please say Smile
07-25-2012, 04:52 PM #9
TPB Bubbles
< ^ > < ^ >
It is for gaming and i can get it for about $169.99 so im trying to save $$ werever i can
07-25-2012, 05:45 PM #10
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
that would be a 750$ dollar pc, but it would have a ton of preformance

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

it was about when your at a low budget try to give up luxury's such as overclocking or having the newest chipset to get that quad core or big card like the 6850 or 6870 to get graphical performance my best 500$ build, its more a gaming rig, but yours isnt half bad as a overall pc

CPU You must login or register to view this content.
CASE You must login or register to view this content.
GFX You must login or register to view this content.
MOBO You must login or register to view this content.
RAM You must login or register to view this content.
HDD You must login or register to view this content.
PSU You must login or register to view this content.
DD You must login or register to view this content.

Don't bother with an H61 motherboard and that CPU. You're actually better off buying a Micro ATX motherboard that has some upgradeability to it. Like a Z68 or Z77

Originally posted by Lights. View Post
I'm currently looking for a PC to buy, mainly just for performance but I will also most likely go into gaming on it.
I don't really want to custom build it just because it's a bit of a hassle to be honest.
Would you say this computer would be good, I know for a fact I'll play DayZ but I may move onto games such as Battlefield 3 so I want to make sure that it will run it and run it well.
HP Pavilion HPE h9-1230ea Phoenix Desktop PC at cheap prices | Pcworld

Thanks in advance, if you have any suggestions please say

It's a good PC. But it's overpriced and you could build a better one for the money. A 7770 isn't the greatest GPU. You can run BF3 on it, but you will probably stutter sometimes on just high. Building a computer is really easy honestly. If you don't feel comfortable there are many websites that allow you to buy the parts and they will build it for you for a fee, and you will still save some money.
Last edited by Millz ; 07-25-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo