07-24-2012, 07:38 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In this thread I’m going to tell you how to get the most performance for your money in a gaming pc. This is pointed toward those building a 500$- 750$. Many people would use a AMD cpu such as a AMD CPU such as the FX 4100 or AMD Phenom II series CPU which are great. Just the Phenom II is aging quickly and nothing is wrong with the FX4100 is a underappreciated CPU in my opinion. When making a list you must recognize a luxury and a true performance booster. I noticed no offence to those who do this I do it sometimes, but people will put a more expensive Intel motherboard and k series CPU, and a CPU cooler. (Prices from You must login or register to view this content.)
• Intel i5 2500k CPU $219.99
• ASRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard $119.99
• Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1gb 256bit graphics card $169.99
• Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus CPU cooler $19.99
That is a killer combo but if you take a look price wise the K series CPU is 10-20$ more in money, that CPU cooler is 20$, also if u get a non overclockable CPUyou can get a H77 or B75 motherboard and that will save you money over a z68 or z77, p67 motherboard. Overall that’s a good 60$ you can save from a 500$ pc build and that’s a lot of money for that small of a budget. Compare too...

• Intel core i5 3450 199.99
• MSI H77MA-G43 H77 motherboard $74.99
• Sapphire Radeon 6870 1gb 256bit graphics card $169.99

Those a both great starts, the bottom 1 can even get a little 60gb SSD to hold you OS or Games. Overclocking is great, fun but I’d definitely choose a SSD over overclocking in a 500$ computer, also overclocking doesn’t as give as much performance as a SSD even a compared to a non overclocked i5 CPU. If You need any help or suggestions feel free to ask
Last edited by Toke ; 07-25-2012 at 04:51 AM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

FourzerotwoFAILS, G2BR, Stone
07-25-2012, 06:17 PM #11
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post

It's a good PC. But it's overpriced and you could build a better one for the money. A 7770 isn't the greatest GPU. You can run BF3 on it, but you will probably stutter sometimes on just high. Building a computer is really easy honestly. If you don't feel comfortable there are many websites that allow you to buy the parts and they will build it for you for a fee, and you will still save some money.

Yeah I heard someone say that it's overpriced. I could build one, some help from my dad seeing as he's had a lot of experience in stuff like that so it is an option. I'd need to look somewhere for a guide on what parts to buy too though :p

EDIT : Maybe this thread :dumb:
Last edited by Houdini. ; 07-25-2012 at 06:19 PM.
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM #12
Toke
PC Master Race
That pentium is the best cpu under 100$ as benchmarked and nothing wrong with that motherboard, it cant overclock so why get a mobo that can, and if your not going to tweak your setting like a enthusiant and just want a gaming pc that you can put together and just go play it's perfectly fine for 500$

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

i'd be glad to help. and for the price of that HP you could build a awesome gaming pc w a i5 and a 7850
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM #13
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Lights. View Post
Yeah I heard someone say that it's overpriced. I could build one, some help from my dad seeing as he's had a lot of experience in stuff like that so it is an option. I'd need to look somewhere for a guide on what parts to buy too though :p

EDIT : Maybe this thread :dumb:

Here you go:

You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content. (recommended)

Done and done. 10x better than the build you were looking at Smile
Last edited by Millz ; 07-25-2012 at 07:24 PM.
07-25-2012, 07:22 PM #14
Here you go:

You must login or register to view this content. (recommended)

Done and done. 10x better than the build you were looking at Smile

Thanks mate, i'll bookmark this for when I get round to it Smile
Is i5 better in this case than i7 then? I know alot of people think it's better just because of the bigger number but I'm just wondering Smile
07-25-2012, 07:29 PM #15
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Lights. View Post
Thanks mate, i'll bookmark this for when I get round to it Smile
Is i5 better in this case than i7 then? I know alot of people think it's better just because of the bigger number but I'm just wondering Smile

Obviously the i7 is more powerful than the i5. The problem is it worth it? The i7 has hyperthreading which makes it perform around 20 percent compared to the i5 in applications such as photoshop, sony vegas, etc.

The i5 has the best price to performance ratio though. And the performance is not noticeable in gaming or in everyday use. So you will be fine with the i5.
07-25-2012, 07:35 PM #16
Obviously the i7 is more powerful than the i5. The problem is it worth it? The i7 has hyperthreading which makes it perform around 20 percent compared to the i5 in applications such as photoshop, sony vegas, etc.

The i5 has the best price to performance ratio though. And the performance is not noticeable in gaming or in everyday use. So you will be fine with the i5.

Alright thanks Smile
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM #17
e1usive
Bounty hunter
Thank you ,Im thinking about buying a new computer with my budget :P

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo