12-09-2012, 11:02 PM #1
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, I spilled some Cola on my keyboard, so now the buttons are sticky. :/

I'm in need of a new keyboard, and this time I wan't something a little more advanced.(I got a standard Microsoft one now) I like sound in the keys, some light maybe to match my setup and good/comfortable design.

Any tips? Ill give away rep! Smile
01-07-2013, 01:24 PM #11
Meatwad
Meatman
Just get a mechanical keyboard, you'll never want to use membrane again. That being said, the rule of thumb is you get what you pay for, so don't buy anything under $100. That being said anything from Ducky or Das Keyboard is generally really good. This is what I have: You must login or register to view this content. but remember to look up what the different switches are like to see which once you may prefer, Cherry MX Brown/Red are normally my favorites.
01-08-2013, 12:32 PM #12
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by RathHavoc View Post
Some people prefer mechanical keyboards over rubber dome keyboards. I myself run with a Logitech G510 which isn't a mechanical keyboard. However it's just fine for me when it comes to gaming.

Thought I'd quote myself and correct a statement that no longer applies...

I actually swapped out my Logitech G510 for a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2013). It uses Cherry MX Blues.. which are light, tactile and very clicky.

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
Just get a mechanical keyboard, you'll never want to use membrane again. That being said, the rule of thumb is you get what you pay for, so don't buy anything under $100. That being said anything from Ducky or Das Keyboard is generally really good. This is what I have: You must login or register to view this content. but remember to look up what the different switches are like to see which once you may prefer, Cherry MX Brown/Red are normally my favorites.

Cherry MX Browns/Reds are quite nice. Pretty much like the blues but so much more quiet. I just prefer the click noise when I type. I guess it's just a habitual thing lol.
01-08-2013, 01:04 PM #13
Meatwad
Meatman
Thought I'd quote myself and correct a statement that no longer applies...

I actually swapped out my Logitech G510 for a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2013). It uses Cherry MX Blues.. which are light, tactile and very clicky.

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

Cherry MX Browns/Reds are quite nice. Pretty much like the blues but so much more quiet. I just prefer the click noise when I type. I guess it's just a habitual thing lol.

Which is why I hate the Cherry MX Blues. Not only do I hate that damn typewriter noise, I live with 3 other roommates so that ain't going to fly during the day, especially during the night. But essentially the browns are blues that don't make noise and the reds are quiet like the browns but have no tactile feel of when the button is actually being actuated, it just slides down.
01-08-2013, 04:32 PM #14
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
Which is why I hate the Cherry MX Blues. Not only do I hate that damn typewriter noise, I live with 3 other roommates so that ain't going to fly during the day, especially during the night. But essentially the browns are blues that don't make noise and the reds are quiet like the browns but have no tactile feel of when the button is actually being actuated, it just slides down.

That is exactly why I love the noise. It annoys everyone around you lol. I do have this fear that one of my mates is going to smash my keyboard when I'm not around just because of the amount of noise it makes :p
01-09-2013, 04:34 PM #15
MrSka
Keeper
logitech are good a quite cheap try them out :P
01-09-2013, 06:33 PM #16
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by MrSka View Post
logitech are good a quite cheap try them out :P

He did mention that he wanted some sound in his keys when he types so he's definitely looking for a mechanical keyboard. Sadly Logitech doesn't have but one mechanical keyboard and it's damn near $200.

However I'm sure he is looking for any keyboard with some Cherry MX Blues in it :p
01-10-2013, 10:11 PM #17
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
He did mention that he wanted some sound in his keys when he types so he's definitely looking for a mechanical keyboard. Sadly Logitech doesn't have but one mechanical keyboard and it's damn near $200.

However I'm sure he is looking for any keyboard with some Cherry MX Blues in it :p

I've actually found one. Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Elite, it was 230$, but it's amazing! Smile
01-10-2013, 11:24 PM #18
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Hakon View Post
I've actually found one. Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Elite, it was 230$, but it's amazing! Smile

I myself have a Razer Blackwidow 2013.. I love it! It's definitely my first keyboard with mechanical keys that are tactile. Haven't gamed much with it yet so I haven't been able to get much use out of the tactile part. However typing on it is amazing! Happy
01-11-2013, 11:55 AM #19
DangSonIGlitch
Do a barrel roll!
Defo get mechanical keyboard

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo