12-18-2012, 01:21 PM #1
ivisionz
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Right now I only have about $450 to spend and I want to get either another EVGA GTX 680+ 4GB or install a custom water loop. I understand the graphics card might be more sensible but I have never done my own custom water cooling and I think it would be a great learning experience. So I can either save up $530 and get another GTX 680 or I can build a custom water loop for around $350 that will cool my CPU and current GPU (EVGA GTX 680+ 4GB). BTW I game on 3 monitors in surround and that is why I want another GTX 680.
01-04-2013, 02:29 AM #11
ivisionz
Gym leader
Originally posted by Legon View Post
Damn , i've always wanted to have water cooling on either my ps3 or pc. Too much work tho :p

I think it's a good learning experience. I find this stuff fascinating so I thought it was fun.
01-04-2013, 03:45 AM #12
Kagami Taiga
Gym leader
Originally posted by ivisionz View Post
I think it's a good learning experience. I find this stuff fascinating so I thought it was fun.

Yes computers and engineering around computers and consoles fascinates me, but whenever i go to school my siblings go to my room and touch shit. so i can't :/
01-04-2013, 07:37 AM #13
NeedaSlutSoon
Vault dweller
Get the water cooling. Having 2 GFX cards (especially the 680 series) is dumb. One card has enough power that anything can be thrown at it.
01-04-2013, 08:05 PM #14
ivisionz
Gym leader
Yes computers and engineering around computers and consoles fascinates me, but whenever i go to school my siblings go to my room and touch shit. so i can't :/

Oh well that sucks lol

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Originally posted by NeedaSlutSoon View Post
Get the water cooling. Having 2 GFX cards (especially the 680 series) is dumb. One card has enough power that anything can be thrown at it.

My single GTX 680 can barely handle Battlefield 3 on highest settings in surround. I get just above the playable 30 FPS. Most the time it's at 40 FPS but to get that I had to overclock it a lot. 2 GTX 680's would be nice cause it would be less stressful on my single card. I already did the water cooling though. I'm glad I did too. I'll just have to turn the settings down a bit.
01-04-2013, 08:09 PM #15
Right now I only have about $450 to spend and I want to get either another EVGA GTX 680+ 4GB or install a custom water loop. I understand the graphics card might be more sensible but I have never done my own custom water cooling and I think it would be a great learning experience. So I can either save up $530 and get another GTX 680 or I can build a custom water loop for around $350 that will cool my CPU and current GPU (EVGA GTX 680+ 4GB). BTW I game on 3 monitors in surround and that is why I want another GTX 680.

Well I know a friend who has water cooling install on his pc don't you think its all of work you know you have to change to water every 5 weeks or the water will get dirty..
01-04-2013, 11:22 PM #16
Kagami Taiga
Gym leader
Oh well that sucks lol

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

My single GTX 680 can barely handle Battlefield 3 on highest settings in surround. I get just above the playable 30 FPS. Most the time it's at 40 FPS but to get that I had to overclock it a lot. 2 GTX 680's would be nice cause it would be less stressful on my single card. I already did the water cooling though. I'm glad I did too. I'll just have to turn the settings down a bit.

Yup haha oh well, but good job bro.
01-04-2013, 11:43 PM #17
ivisionz
Gym leader
Originally posted by Kazam
Well I know a friend who has water cooling install on his pc don't you think its all of work you know you have to change to water every 5 weeks or the water will get dirty..

I don't use distilled water. I used a premix formula. I don't need to change the fluid every 5 weeks.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Yup haha oh well, but good job bro.

Thank you Smile
01-06-2013, 12:30 PM #18
Toke
PC Master Race
distilled water isn't very good. i would never use it. also nice job on the WC it looks decent, is that a switch 810?

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

its not hard you can buy a premade case with a loop for like $300 and just put your parts in it You must login or register to view this content. or just get a h80 cooler for a custom computer those are only $100
01-06-2013, 02:11 PM #19
ivisionz
Gym leader
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
distilled water isn't very good. i would never use it. also nice job on the WC it looks decent, is that a switch 810?

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

its not hard you can buy a premade case with a loop for like $300 and just put your parts in it You must login or register to view this content. or just get a h80 cooler for a custom computer those are only $100

It's the original NZXT Phantom full tower.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo