06-17-2013, 07:37 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Please help me build a good gaming PC for 600-650 GBP.
My two requirements are: It must be able to play Arma3 on max settings with good fps
It has to be very overclockable Awesome face

Please, link me to the components (UK SHIPPING)

Cheers guys Happy
Last edited by XxGlockBusta-- ; 06-18-2013 at 09:01 AM.
06-18-2013, 06:47 AM #2
That's not going to happen with a £300+ gpu sorry
06-18-2013, 09:03 AM #3
Ok, is it possible to build something that's able to run Arma3 on ultra with good FPS?
Originally posted by Andy
That's not going to happen with a £300+ gpu sorry
06-18-2013, 10:57 AM #4
Arma 3 is a supremely demanding game. It's not suitable to use as a target. A game like Battlefield 3 is a much more realistic target, although you probably won't be able to max it out for £650. I'll make you a build in a few hours. Smile
06-18-2013, 11:20 AM #5
-Skyline
Anonymous
You must login or register to view this content.

Just under the £650 mark but some parts can be picked up a little cheaper Smile
Last edited by -Skyline ; 06-18-2013 at 11:23 AM.
06-18-2013, 12:28 PM #6
Cheers mate Smile will check it out when i get home.
Originally posted by Skyline View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Just under the £650 mark but some parts can be picked up a little cheaper Smile
06-18-2013, 02:22 PM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Boy View Post
Please help me build a good gaming PC for 600-650 GBP.
My two requirements are: It must be able to play Arma3 on max settings with good fps
It has to be very overclockable Awesome face

Please, link me to the components (UK SHIPPING)

Cheers guys Happy

You must login or register to view this content. its not overclockable but has higher quality parts and a 670, and overclocking is loud and draws alot of power, the bitfenix case is top quality as is the seasonic powers supply, i5 and 670 will play all ultra as its just as powerful as the new 770s
06-18-2013, 03:14 PM #8
Originally posted by Toke View Post
You must login or register to view this content. its not overclockable but has higher quality parts and a 670, and overclocking is loud and draws alot of power, the bitfenix case is top quality as is the seasonic powers supply, i5 and 670 will play all ultra as its just as powerful as the new 770s

Overclocking usually only draws a really unnoticeable amount more power than stock and noise is determined by fan speed (unless you overclock a ton you won't produce much more heat, meaning near to no change in fan speed hence same noise level).

OP: A wild build appears!

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. (£113.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. (£24.49 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£98.84 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. (£44.29 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£88.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£43.19 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£165.42 @ Amazon UK)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£47.98 @ Dabs)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. (£49.57 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: You must login or register to view this content. (£12.99 @ Dabs)
Total: £689.75
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-18 16:13 BST+0100)

A bit over budget. If you can't afford the extra £40 then lower the SSD to 64GB or drop it completely, although I'd suggest not underestimating the difference an SSD makes to a system. It won't affect much other than load times while gaming but just about everything else will be significantly snappier.

Everything will overclock well! Smile
06-18-2013, 03:30 PM #9
Which PC is better, your or Toke's? Also, would this laptop run BF3 and Arma3 on ULTRA or high? You must login or register to view this content. (GPU OC to 20% BTW)
According to Game-Debate.com, it will and with good fps too but we never know Happy
Originally posted by Clutch
Overclocking usually only draws a really unnoticeable amount more power than stock and noise is determined by fan speed (unless you overclock a ton you won't produce much more heat, meaning near to no change in fan speed hence same noise level).

OP: A wild build appears!

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. (£113.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. (£24.49 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£98.84 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. (£44.29 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£88.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£43.19 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£165.42 @ Amazon UK)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£47.98 @ Dabs)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. (£49.57 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: You must login or register to view this content. (£12.99 @ Dabs)
Total: £689.75
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-18 16:13 BST+0100)

A bit over budget. If you can't afford the extra £40 then lower the SSD to 64GB or drop it completely, although I'd suggest not underestimating the difference an SSD makes to a system. It won't affect much other than load times while gaming but just about everything else will be significantly snappier.

Everything will overclock well! Smile
06-18-2013, 04:37 PM #10
Originally posted by Boy View Post
Which PC is better, your or Toke's? Also, would this laptop run BF3 and Arma3 on ULTRA or high? You must login or register to view this content. (GPU OC to 20% BTW)
According to Game-Debate.com, it will and with good fps too but we never know Happy

Both my build and Toke's builds are considerably better than that laptop. Unless you need portability, get a desktop. Between the builds, I prefer mine, but I'm sure Toke would prefer his. Any specific questions just ask.

The following user thanked Clutch Hunterr for this useful post:

Kyanon

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo