11-17-2013, 09:03 PM #1
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey beautiful hardware guys out there! I'm alien to this world of hardware, I simply dont speak you guys' language (Im fluent in english,c++ and a little espanol) but im trying! A lot of these things i dont understand. I'm looking to ditch the pc's and build that famous 'console killer' that will last me at least to the 'next next gen' of gaming.

I have found this $600 build which should fair me well when it comes to exceeding the ps4 and running games like bf4 on ultra or high(i think, please tell me if otherwise).

You must login or register to view this content. <-----SPECS

So on to my main question/request, are there cheaper or better parts out there that can be replaced in this build? What do you think of it? Will it run bf4 on ultra or even newer games on ultra?
I essentially want to optimize this build but since i dont know jack squat about the hierarchy of things like cpu's and gpu's i barely know where to start.

Please note, there are 4gb of ram instead of 8 & 500gb instead of 1tb of storage because the person who made this wanted to have more money to put into the Graphics card. Is this a good idea?
Last edited by |C++| ; 11-17-2013 at 09:07 PM.
11-17-2013, 10:29 PM #2
NeedaSlutSoon
Vault dweller
Hello C++,

Just a couple things from your build that concern me the most. Your power supply is only rated for 430Watts, which means it will not have enough power to supply a GTX 760 to it's full potential. And 4GB of RAM is SIMPLY not enough to supply both Windows, and BF4 on Ultra. And one more thing, $600 will not give you a good PC for running BF4, so here's a build that is $800, and has plenty of room for upgrades later down the line.

CPU / Processor: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5GHz w/ 6 Cores

CPU / Processor Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M (It is a water cooler, which will give you better performance down the road)

Motherboard: Biostar TA970 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Memory / RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866Mhz If you have the money for it, buy 2 of these for 16GB.

Storage / HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB - 3.5" - 7,200RPM

Video Card / Graphics Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5

Case: Cooler Master ELITE 431 Plus

Power Supply: Corsair TX650M Power Supply, 80+ Plus Silver - Semi-Modular (Removable Cables)

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer

With this setup, the 7950 has plenty of power to run BF4 on Ultra, and you have enough RAM and CPU power to follow.

Here's the PCPartPicker list - You must login or register to view this content. - Please Note I have an additional 8GB Kit in there.

Last edited by NeedaSlutSoon ; 11-17-2013 at 10:36 PM.
11-17-2013, 11:34 PM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by C
Hey beautiful hardware guys out there! I'm alien to this world of hardware, I simply dont speak you guys' language (Im fluent in english,c++ and a little espanol) but im trying! A lot of these things i dont understand. I'm looking to ditch the pc's and build that famous 'console killer' that will last me at least to the 'next next gen' of gaming.

I have found this $600 build which should fair me well when it comes to exceeding the ps4 and running games like bf4 on ultra or high(i think, please tell me if otherwise).

You must login or register to view this content. <-----SPECS

So on to my main question/request, are there cheaper or better parts out there that can be replaced in this build? What do you think of it? Will it run bf4 on ultra or even newer games on ultra?
I essentially want to optimize this build but since i dont know jack squat about the hierarchy of things like cpu's and gpu's i barely know where to start.

Please note, there are 4gb of ram instead of 8 & 500gb instead of 1tb of storage because the person who made this wanted to have more money to put into the Graphics card. Is this a good idea?

You must login or register to view this content. should get you playing BF4 well, get 8gb of ram & a 1tb so you install many games, also if in the US get a gtx 770 if you can, then you get 3 games Smile you don't need a watercooler to overclock as your a newb & a 970 chipset don't overclock well. if you absolutely need $600 get a gtx760 i think u still get free games.
11-18-2013, 02:26 AM #4
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Toke View Post
You must login or register to view this content. should get you playing BF4 well, get 8gb of ram & a 1tb so you install many games, also if in the US get a gtx 770 if you can, then you get 3 games Smile you don't need a watercooler to overclock as your a newb & a 970 chipset don't overclock well. if you absolutely need $600 get a gtx760 i think u still get free games.

Im really perplexed as to why i would go up $30 in motherboard?? Also, do i really need a cd drive? Here is what someone else suggested You must login or register to view this content.
For that build ^^ It would probably be better with a 760 and a cheaper motherboard right? Also notice its an 8 core now.
11-18-2013, 02:51 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by C
Im really perplexed as to why i would go up $30 in motherboard?? Also, do i really need a cd drive? Here is what someone else suggested You must login or register to view this content.
For that build ^^ It would probably be better with a 760 and a cheaper motherboard right? Also notice its an 8 core now.

6 core & 8 core is no differnce & 280x & 770 are only cards in your budget to get playable ultra in BF4. & biostar motherboards are either good or bad, asus genereally has the best.
11-18-2013, 04:14 AM #6
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
6 core & 8 core is no differnce & 280x & 770 are only cards in your budget to get playable ultra in BF4. & biostar motherboards are either good or bad, asus genereally has the best.

thanks a lot, so this wont run bf4 on ultra(or high)?
You must login or register to view this content.

Better yet, since 6 or 8 core doesn't matter, i might as well make it a 6 core thus bringing down the price without missing out on performance?
11-18-2013, 04:57 AM #7
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >

sorry ignore that last post.

im going to run with this You must login or register to view this content.

But my question was, would it be better to put a 6 core in that build^^?? Will i end up saving more money for minimal difference?

also im thinking about switching to a $30 250gb hard drive You must login or register to view this content.
i figure its one of the things i can cheap out on, doubt i will need more than that amount of space.
11-18-2013, 12:29 PM #8
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by C
sorry ignore that last post.

im going to run with this You must login or register to view this content.

But my question was, would it be better to put a 6 core in that build^^?? Will i end up saving more money for minimal difference?

also im thinking about switching to a $30 250gb hard drive You must login or register to view this content.
i figure its one of the things i can cheap out on, doubt i will need more than that amount of space.

they are very soon going to discontinue 7--- series cards so a 770 & a 280x your 2 best, 280x will have mantle boosts in a few games, nvidia right now has shadowplay & free games for $20 more.
11-18-2013, 10:41 PM #9
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
they are very soon going to discontinue 7--- series cards so a 770 & a 280x your 2 best, 280x will have mantle boosts in a few games, nvidia right now has shadowplay & free games for $20 more.

Someone else suggested this, how do you think this will do with BF4 ultra? Ignore the fact that its a 7xxx series, imagine its somethign else equivalent.
11-19-2013, 12:12 AM #10
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by C
Someone else suggested this, how do you think this will do with BF4 ultra? Ignore the fact that its a 7xxx series, imagine its somethign else equivalent.

should be 50-60 on high, that case is utter shit though

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo