02-26-2015, 05:39 AM #1
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I have a computer that I want to upgrade. It's an old computer so it has bad specs.

CPU: i3-2125 @ 3.3 GHz
GPU: GeForce 8400 GS (replacing)
RAM: 4GB (Upgrading to 8GB)
PSU: 250w
(If you need more info just ask)

Now i'm not into PC gaming, I play on console (yes i know PCMR, whatever) and I was thinking about upgrading my video card to a XFX R7 250 graphics card (65w). I just want to play Fallout, & Skyrim on high-ultra settings if possible. I'm not going to be playing on it much as I do on console. I've been browsing the internet and I saw that that it is recommended to use a 400w PSU but people use a 250w even a 220w and it works fine. I don't have enough money to build a whole new PC so I have to work with what I got. I was wondering if there is another GPU that you recommend that is low profile. i have a tight budget of $100. If you could direct me to something better i'd really appreciate it.

Link to the GPU: You must login or register to view this content.
02-27-2015, 07:36 PM #11
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Gtx 750ti 2gb should work good and be about $100

You must login or register to view this content. is $130 to be exact.

The You must login or register to view this content. is a power efficient card. Some models of the You must login or register to view this content. don't require a power connector and can run on some PCs without a PSU upgrade. In your situation, this will be an extremely good thing, but it's not guaranteed to run on every low-end power supply.

I would recommend spending the extra ~$30 to buy a You must login or register to view this content. and testing to see if it will work without upgrading your PSU; if it doesn't work, return it and purchase a You must login or register to view this content. + You must login or register to view this content..
02-27-2015, 07:39 PM #12
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
You must login or register to view this content. is $130 to be exact.

The You must login or register to view this content. is a power efficient card. Some models of the You must login or register to view this content. don't require a power connector and can run on some PCs without a PSU upgrade. In your situation, this will be an extremely good thing, but it's not guaranteed to run on every low-end power supply.

I would recommend spending the extra ~$30 to buy a You must login or register to view this content. and testing to see if it will work without upgrading your PSU; if it doesn't work, return it and purchase a You must login or register to view this content. + You must login or register to view this content..

You can catch a 1gb on sale for $100 and its a solid preformer and will work well with his sandy bridge i3. I wouldn't get anything else tbh. And they pull 60w so it will work i believe. If not get a $30 400w evga they seem to be a good cheap supply
03-01-2015, 12:01 AM #13
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
i wanted to get the GTX 750 but it was too big so i went with this one :You must login or register to view this content.

it was the only one that could fit and its a low profile one which is even better for me.
03-01-2015, 12:21 AM #14
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Riften View Post
i wanted to get the GTX 750 but it was too big so i went with this one :You must login or register to view this content.

it was the only one that could fit and its a low profile one which is even better for me.
explain how a 750 wouldn't fit? And that will be piss poor for gaming.
03-01-2015, 12:29 AM #15
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
explain how a 750 wouldn't fit? And that will be piss poor for gaming.

i have a small computer. about 3inches in width. its a desktop but its a small one. its not huge. and its better than what i have right now and idc if i get 60fps or not. i just want it to be playable at a good quality. its going to better than console (i think).
03-01-2015, 12:31 AM #16
Toke
PC Master Race
i have a small computer. about 3inches in width. its a desktop but its a small one. its not huge. and its better than what i have right now and idc if i get 60fps or not. i just want it to be playable at a good quality. its going to better than console (i think).

Most likely not and im very sure a reference 750 should fit.You must login or register to view this content. woukd work unless u got only one slot. But i think they make 1 slot ones also
Last edited by Toke ; 03-01-2015 at 12:39 AM.
03-01-2015, 12:38 AM #17
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
Most likely not and im bery5 sure a reference 750 should fit.

i looked up the dimensions for the 750 and it was around 4.5 inches i think and i only have about 3.2 including the motherboard
03-01-2015, 12:40 AM #18
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
Most likely not and im very sure a reference 750 should fit.You must login or register to view this content. woukd work unless u got only one slot. But i think they make 1 slot ones also

i only have a single slot and its $150 and my budget was $100
03-01-2015, 12:40 AM #19
Toke
PC Master Race
i looked up the dimensions for the 750 and it was around 4.5 inches i think and i only have about 3.2 including the motherboard

I editted the post above

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo