02-26-2015, 05:39 AM #1
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I have a computer that I want to upgrade. It's an old computer so it has bad specs.

CPU: i3-2125 @ 3.3 GHz
GPU: GeForce 8400 GS (replacing)
RAM: 4GB (Upgrading to 8GB)
PSU: 250w
(If you need more info just ask)

Now i'm not into PC gaming, I play on console (yes i know PCMR, whatever) and I was thinking about upgrading my video card to a XFX R7 250 graphics card (65w). I just want to play Fallout, & Skyrim on high-ultra settings if possible. I'm not going to be playing on it much as I do on console. I've been browsing the internet and I saw that that it is recommended to use a 400w PSU but people use a 250w even a 220w and it works fine. I don't have enough money to build a whole new PC so I have to work with what I got. I was wondering if there is another GPU that you recommend that is low profile. i have a tight budget of $100. If you could direct me to something better i'd really appreciate it.

Link to the GPU: You must login or register to view this content.
03-01-2015, 12:41 AM #20
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Riften View Post
i only have a single slot and its $150 and my budget was $100

You could save a little more abd the 2gb 750ti is plenty for modern games from battlefield to skyrim etc. Ill look for a single slot card?

Edit: they make em and only sell em in europe. Well truth be told if you want to pc game which is great i suggest selling your pc if you decide you like it and build a budget pc
especially since cfws are selling pretty high now i couple mebers sold them for close to $300
Last edited by Toke ; 03-01-2015 at 12:48 AM.
03-01-2015, 12:49 AM #21
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Toke View Post
You could save a little more abd the 2gb 750ti is plenty for modern games from battlefield to skyrim etc. Ill look for a single slot card?

Edit: they make em and only sell em in europe. Well truth be told if you want to pc game which is great i suggest selling your pc if you decide you like it and build a budget pc

i bought the r7 250 earlier today already and i'm not going to use my PC for gaming a lot. its just for when i get bored and play some older favorite games on the side.
03-05-2015, 01:01 AM #22
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Toke View Post

especially since cfws are selling pretty high now i couple mebers sold them for close to $300

Toke i went with the R7 250 SFF. it runs well on my psu and i can play skyrim on ultra with 50-60 fps. thanks for your help too! Smile
03-20-2015, 11:52 PM #23
Merki
Haxor!
Good build I agree with points you set forward.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo