03-07-2015, 10:47 PM #1
TePaiModz
I defeated!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys , I might build this computer , but I want to know what you guys think of it and if I need to change anything!

Case :Phanteks Enthoo Pro Window Black
Motherboard :Asus Maximus Hero VII Z97 Sk1150
CPU :Intel Core i7-4790k SK1150
RAM :G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2x8GB 2400MHz CAS10 1.65v (I dont know about the 1.65v , might be bad , idk :/ )
GPU :Gigabyte GTX970 Gaming G1
HDD :Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATAIII 64MB (6GB/S) - DT01ACA200
SSD :Crucial MX100 256GB
Cooler :Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
PSU :EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850w

PS:I'M USING THIS COOLER BECAUSE I WILL BE DOING A FULLY CUSTOM WATERCOOLING LOOP after 2 or 3 months probably! (I'll not use the pc heavily in the first couple months..)
Last edited by TePaiModz ; 04-16-2015 at 10:58 PM.
03-08-2015, 03:11 AM #2
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by TePaiModz View Post
Hey guys , I might build this computer , but I want to know what you guys think of it and if I need to change anything!

Case :NZXT H440 Red/Black
RAM :G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2x8GB 2400MHz CAS10 1.65v (I dont know about the 1.65v , might be bad , idk :/ )
HDD :Toshiba 2TB SATAIII 64MB (6GB/S) - DT01ACA200

PS:I'M USING THIS COOLER BECAUSE I WILL BE DOING A FULLY CUSTOM WATERCOOLING LOOP after 2 or 3 months probably! (I'll not use the pc heavily in the first couple months..)

Looks good to me. I'm personally not too picky when it comes down to things, if it works and runs what I want it to run I call it a success. The case is going to look sick, I considered picking up the H440 but at the time it wasn't out yet lol. I have the Asus Maximus Hero VI and it's been nothing but perfect. I've had no issues with it or anything, so I'm going to go ahead and say that the VII is going to be better in some aspects. I personally have the i7-4770k and not the 4790k, at the time it wasn't out yet but from what I've read, and heard from friends it's highly recommended. Your temporary cooler should be fine, a friend of my ran his 212 for awhile until he got a closed loop cooler.

All in all, I don't see anything wrong.

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

TePaiModz
03-08-2015, 09:59 AM #3
Look at this:
GPU's demensions are: Card size: L= 312mm, W= 129mm, H= 43mm
and the case says: GPU Clearance: With HDD Cage: 294mm
GPU Clearance: Without HDD Cage: 406.2mm

the other components look good from me...
very nice case Happy

The following user thanked SnipeLike for this useful post:

TePaiModz
03-08-2015, 10:08 AM #4
TePaiModz
I defeated!
Originally posted by Rath
Looks good to me. I'm personally not too picky when it comes down to things, if it works and runs what I want it to run I call it a success. The case is going to look sick, I considered picking up the H440 but at the time it wasn't out yet lol. I have the Asus Maximus Hero VI and it's been nothing but perfect. I've had no issues with it or anything, so I'm going to go ahead and say that the VII is going to be better in some aspects. I personally have the i7-4770k and not the 4790k, at the time it wasn't out yet but from what I've read, and heard from friends it's highly recommended. Your temporary cooler should be fine, a friend of my ran his 212 for awhile until he got a closed loop cooler.

All in all, I don't see anything wrong.

Thanks Smile
03-08-2015, 10:09 AM #5
TePaiModz
I defeated!
Originally posted by SnipeLike View Post
Look at this:
GPU's demensions are: Card size: L= 312mm, W= 129mm, H= 43mm
and the case says: GPU Clearance: With HDD Cage: 294mm
GPU Clearance: Without HDD Cage: 406.2mm

the other components look good from me...
very nice case Happy

They will not fit? :(
03-08-2015, 10:17 AM #6
They will not fit? :(

If you want to use the HDD Cage, they will not fit in my opinion...
It is possible to remove the HDD Cage and so the GPU will fit...

So it looks like you can remove like 2 of the HDD holders and it will fit:
You must login or register to view this content.
03-08-2015, 10:56 AM #7
TePaiModz
I defeated!
If you want to use the HDD Cage, they will not fit in my opinion...
It is possible to remove the HDD Cage and so the GPU will fit...

So it looks like you can remove like 2 of the HDD holders and it will fit:
You must login or register to view this content.

Ah! No problem :p I might get one more hdd in the future , probably 4TB if the 2TB isnt enough :p
03-08-2015, 08:41 PM #8
TePaiModz
I defeated!
Yup

Originally posted by Rath
Yeah

Guys I'm probably changing the case to a phanteks enthoo pro! The flexibility of the case is just incredible *---* And the options for custom watercooling are big either Happy . I dont really like the aspect of it , flat black with a bit of a brushed aluminium at the front but I'll probably mod it and paint it all red cuz red it's a cool color in my opinion :p
03-08-2015, 09:33 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
Hey guys , I might build this computer , but I want to know what you guys think of it and if I need to change anything!

Case :NZXT H440 Red/Black
HDD :Toshiba 2TB SATAIII 64MB (6GB/S) - DT01ACA200

Well first off. Unless your good with tools and measurement and have the valueable virtue of patience custom watercooling isnt for you. Its expensive water/coolant has to be replaced, filters need cleaned and you must be aware of leaks. Thats before we even get to the complicated part of building the loop itself, i also have a enthoo pro its a wonderful case
03-08-2015, 09:36 PM #10
TePaiModz
I defeated!
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Well first off. Unless your good with tools and measurement and have the valueable virtue of patience custom watercooling isnt for you. Its expensive water/coolant has to be replaced, filters need cleaned and you must be aware of leaks. Thats before we even get to the complicated part of building the loop itself, i also have a enthoo pro its a wonderful case

Could you tell me what's your system?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo