03-13-2015, 10:08 AM #1
beastinRAPPER
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Im trying to play Grand Theft Auto IV (4) without experiencing lag. These are the computer specs that I plan on buying. In need some feedback if these are good for GTA iv with good graphics?

AMD FX6300 3.5GHz 6 Core Processor

Gigabyte GA78LMT-USB3 mATX AMD Motherboard W HDMI and 6 USB ports 2 are USB 3.0

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram

WD Blue 1TB Hard Drive 7200RPM

Integrated Radeon HD3000 Graphics

500W* Power Supply

24X DVDRW DL Drive

Basic Keyboard, Mouse and WiFi USB adapter
03-16-2015, 12:55 AM #11
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
He asked for feedback. You can't just focus entirely on 1 thing.

Him saying he wants to game is like getting a car without wheels. Your saying well it could use a stronger transmission
03-16-2015, 12:55 AM #12
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Him saying he wants to game is like getting a car without wheels. Your saying well it could use a stronger engine

Feedback is feedback.
03-16-2015, 07:18 PM #13
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Blue is perfectly fine for the average consumer. Pair it with a high-end SSD and he's set to go.
03-16-2015, 07:20 PM #14
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
Blue is perfectly fine for the average consumer. Pair it with a high-end SSD and he's set to go.

No it really isn't. This is coming from a person who used a blue for anything other then just storage. Load times will be longer. If he was making it for loading up a browser or whatever then yea it would be fine. I mean they throw scorpio Blues in laptops and those are ok. But he'd be far better off with a black.
Last edited by Oneup ; 03-16-2015 at 07:24 PM.
03-18-2015, 12:04 AM #15
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
If 1TB or below is desired, WD Blue.
If 2TB or higher is desired, WD Black.

I personally own a WD Blue as well. I've used it for 1.5+ years before I added a SSD; no problems whatsoever. It was my primary drive; ran all my games on it, my OS, everything.

Compared to a SSD, of course a mechanical hard drive is going to be trailing in the dust in terms of performance, but real-world performance between Blue vs. Black is not significant enough to justify the ~$20 price difference (for 1TB models).

However, if OP wanted his primary drive to have a capacity of 2TB or higher, then by all means, get a WD Black. In my previous post, I stated that the WD Blue is perfectly okay for the average consumer, and I still stand by this statement.
03-18-2015, 04:21 PM #16
Default Avatar
Oneup
If 1TB or below is desired, WD Blue.
If 2TB or higher is desired, WD Black.

I personally own a WD Blue as well. I've used it for 1.5+ years before I added a SSD; no problems whatsoever. It was my primary drive; ran all my games on it, my OS, everything.

Compared to a SSD, of course a mechanical hard drive is going to be trailing in the dust in terms of performance, but real-world performance between Blue vs. Black is not significant enough to justify the ~$20 price difference (for 1TB models).

However, if OP wanted his primary drive to have a capacity of 2TB or higher, then by all means, get a WD Black. In my previous post, I stated that the WD Blue is perfectly okay for the average consumer, and I still stand by this statement.

Not sure where you are pulling these arbitrary numbers from but they have no impact on the type of drive you are getting. It's pretty much blue drives don't perform as well as a black drive period. They have the lowest amount of cache of any of the WD drives. If he plans on playing games and wanting to play with high resolution textures a blue drive is far from the way to go. I would never suggest that to anyone building a PC for gaming in mind.
03-18-2015, 07:37 PM #17
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Not sure where you are pulling these arbitrary numbers from but they have no impact on the type of drive you are getting. It's pretty much blue drives don't perform as well as a black drive period. They have the lowest amount of cache of any of the WD drives. If he plans on playing games and wanting to play with high resolution textures a blue drive is far from the way to go. I would never suggest that to anyone building a PC for gaming in mind.

Those numbers are because WD Blues don't come in 2TB+ capacities. If OP is getting a 1TB or lower HDD, I would suggest a WD Blue. They don't come in 2TB+ capacities; that's why I suggested WD Black when going with a 2TB+ HDD.

I need you to quit your bullshitting. In gaming, there is no noticeable different between the WD Black and WD Blue. Anything you feel is different is a perceived difference. I have all my games stored on my WD Blue, with my 840 EVO for OS+applications. I'm not having any problems with game load times, or anything of that matter.

You'll only notice a difference in benchmarking software, which is most likely synthetic, therefore, they are completely irrelevant when talking about real-world performance.

Blacks are louder and more power hungry than the Blues. Blues are the most recommended drive for any home PC.
Last edited by Rawr ; 03-18-2015 at 07:40 PM.
03-19-2015, 12:24 AM #18
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?

1UP is right if you have the money go black

So no one is going to mention that he has a Blue drive listed and to be assumed as the main drive?
If possible I would swap the WD Blue for a WD black. Blue's don't perform to well when they are used as a main drive. They are rather slow.

I missed that spent 30 mins looking over the numbers if you're right.
Gain is worth it for a black unless you're a light user.

Cheapness is not always worth it need to factor in performance.
03-19-2015, 10:54 AM #19
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
1UP is right if you have the money go black

I missed that spent 30 mins looking over the numbers if you're right.
Gain is worth it for a black unless you're a light user.

Cheapness is not always worth it need to factor in performance.

Blue is entry level the blacks are basicslly the best you can buy for speed and quality. Its worth the $20 if you ever had a drive break on you it absolutely blows even if you had everything backed up

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo