03-13-2015, 10:08 AM #1
beastinRAPPER
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Im trying to play Grand Theft Auto IV (4) without experiencing lag. These are the computer specs that I plan on buying. In need some feedback if these are good for GTA iv with good graphics?

AMD FX6300 3.5GHz 6 Core Processor

Gigabyte GA78LMT-USB3 mATX AMD Motherboard W HDMI and 6 USB ports 2 are USB 3.0

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram

WD Blue 1TB Hard Drive 7200RPM

Integrated Radeon HD3000 Graphics

500W* Power Supply

24X DVDRW DL Drive

Basic Keyboard, Mouse and WiFi USB adapter
03-19-2015, 11:52 AM #20
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Blue is entry level the blacks are basicslly the best you can buy for speed and quality. Its worth the $20 if you ever had a drive break on you it absolutely blows even if you had everything backed up

Green
Blue
Black

Green is the entry level blue is the middle ground :p
03-19-2015, 12:51 PM #21
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
1UP is right if you have the money go black

Lol.

OP should just wait a little longer for prices to go down all around. That build overall for gaming just won't cut it.

If anything go for AMD 8350.
03-20-2015, 06:04 AM #22
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by sotgun View Post
Lol.

OP should just wait a little longer for prices to go down all around. That build overall for gaming just won't cut it.

If anything go for AMD 8350.

Uh what? Realistically he just needs a video card. That's really the most important thing he is missing. If he got one of those he would be fine. I think people are out of touch when it comes to processors and what is really required.

You don't need the best of the best to play a game and more cores != more performance if the software doesn't know what to do with the extra cores / threads.
It's generally better to have less cores at a faster speed then more cores at a lower clock when it comes to playing games. Well you also get into architecture but that's another thing.

Hell you can still see Core 2 Quads performing just fine and those chips are almost 9 years old.
03-20-2015, 04:53 PM #23
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Uh what? Realistically he just needs a video card. That's really the most important thing he is missing. If he got one of those he would be fine. I think people are out of touch when it comes to processors and what is really required.

You don't need the best of the best to play a game and more cores != more performance if the software doesn't know what to do with the extra cores / threads.
It's generally better to have less cores at a faster speed then more cores at a lower clock when it comes to playing games. Well you also get into architecture but that's another thing.

Hell you can still see Core 2 Quads performing just fine and those chips are almost 9 years old.

Can not disagree. I just thought OP could strive for a better overall build. As in longer future-proof.

The following user thanked sotgun for this useful post:

03-20-2015, 05:38 PM #24
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by sotgun View Post
Can not disagree. I just thought OP could strive for a better overall build. As in longer future-proof.

Well yes that is true when you put it that way. However it's one of those things where if you have a quad or more now, you are probably going to be good for a while.
03-20-2015, 11:51 PM #25
Merki
Haxor!
Nice build 5/5
03-22-2015, 03:19 AM #26
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by 1UP View Post

And that's why Haswell > Piledriver for gaming PCs.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo