10-06-2015, 09:12 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hei Smile
I thinking about building a gaming PC and i have set up a list of parts i maybe going to get Smile
But i wont people to see over it and look if it is something you recommend me to do differently Smile
I have never build a PC so it can be helpful if someone send me tips and tricks to what i most think about when building Smile
The reason i want to build it my self is that the store take around 442$ and i dont wont to spend so much money to get the store to build it for me!

Part list
- WD Desktop Green 1TB
- ASUS B85-PRO GAMER, Socket-1150 // If you know something good for around the same price let me now
- Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 2.5" OEM
- Intel Core i5-4690K, Socket-LGA1150
- Fractal Design Define R5 Black
- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
- Corsair DDR3 16GB 1600MHz Low Profile
- Corsair CX 600M, 600W PSU
- ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24F1MT
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit OEM

- Asus 24" LED VN247H

Total: 1733.3381$ USD United States Dollar
------------------------------------------------------------
Let me know if i have missed a part xD
I don't want to use more money than that :/
If it is something i can do to make it cheaper let me now
Last edited by Norway-_-1999 ; 10-07-2015 at 07:11 PM.
10-09-2015, 09:39 PM #11
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
Slow HDD.
Lower-end SSD.
R9 390 > GTX 970
16GB is not needed. I can bet you're not even going to use 8GB.
Shit PSU.
You have an unlocked CPU, but you have a H97 motherboard. On top of that, you don't have an aftermarket cooler.

Are you overclocking, or not? If overclocking, you'll want a good quality Z97 motherboard and you'll also want an aftermarket cooler. Refer to my second build. If not overclocking, get a i5-4460.

Thanks for taking your time to help Smile
But i try again, see if this can be good xD
I maybe going to overclock it later, but not in the first place.

Asus 24" LED VN247H (1.589,-)
You must login or register to view this content.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Kjøler (349,-)

Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3L 1600MHz 8GB (499,-)

EVGA Power Supply 650W GOLD (1.199,-)

Fractal Design Define R5 Black (849,-)

Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3, Socket-1150 (1.019,-)

Intel Core i5-4690K, Socket-LGA1150 (2.279,-)

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit OEM (1.140,-)

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB (3.690,-)

Samsung DVD Writer, SH-224FB (249,-)

WD Desktop Blue 1TB (579,-)

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (888,-)

Total: 14.329
10-10-2015, 09:13 AM #12
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Looks much better. I'd rather have the R9 390 over the GTX 970, but if you want the GTX 970, that's your call.

- - -

Originally posted by Dr
greens do last a long time and are dead silent :p combod with a fast ssd it aint too bad

I'm not saying the WD Greens are bad, I'm just saying they're slow. OP originally included a 120GB SSD. 120GB is only good for OS + main applications, then he has to rely on the WD Green for the rest of his storage. It's a 5400 RPM drive. I wouldn't want to use that kind of drive if it's constantly going to be accessed. A 5400 RPM drive (such as the WD Green) is meant for pure storage. A 120GB SSD won't be able to hold much. You'd have to pick and choose what goes on the SSD and what goes on the HDD and a lot of things won't make it on the SSD, especially games. OP plans on purchasing a GTX 970. I think it's safe to assume he is going to have a couple of high-end games on his PC. If that is true, he won't be able to fit many games on the SSD. He'd only be able to fit one high-end game (BF4, GTA V, SW:BF, Fallout 4, etc), or a couple of lower-end games (CS:GO, League of Legends, etc.) on the SSD, and then the rest of his games on the 5400 RPM drive. I would absolutely hate trying to run a game from a 5400 RPM drive.
Last edited by Rawr ; 10-10-2015 at 09:30 AM.

The following user thanked Rawr for this useful post:

Norway-_-1999
10-10-2015, 01:23 PM #13
Looks much better. I'd rather have the R9 390 over the GTX 970, but if you want the GTX 970, that's your call.

- - -

I'm not saying the WD Greens are bad, I'm just saying they're slow. OP originally included a 120GB SSD. 120GB is only good for OS + main applications, then he has to rely on the WD Green for the rest of his storage. It's a 5400 RPM drive. I wouldn't want to use that kind of drive if it's constantly going to be accessed. A 5400 RPM drive (such as the WD Green) is meant for pure storage. A 120GB SSD won't be able to hold much. You'd have to pick and choose what goes on the SSD and what goes on the HDD and a lot of things won't make it on the SSD, especially games. OP plans on purchasing a GTX 970. I think it's safe to assume he is going to have a couple of high-end games on his PC. If that is true, he won't be able to fit many games on the SSD. He'd only be able to fit one high-end game (BF4, GTA V, SW:BF, Fallout 4, etc), or a couple of lower-end games (CS:GO, League of Legends, etc.) on the SSD, and then the rest of his games on the 5400 RPM drive. I would absolutely hate trying to run a game from a 5400 RPM drive.

So you think i am good to go?
You think i need more storage?
I going to get some high end games like JC3 maybe GTA V etc and some other small games. And i going to do some programing and coding Smile

PS.
Can you look on the sale page on komplett and see if you can find me some parts so are cheap so i can use?
and on
Last edited by Norway-_-1999 ; 10-10-2015 at 02:35 PM.
10-10-2015, 02:56 PM #14
Toke
PC Master Race

- - -

i know you know they aren't bad :p and i know they are only 5400rpm
10-10-2015, 05:01 PM #15
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by 1999 View Post
So you think i am good to go?
You think i need more storage?
I going to get some high end games like JC3 maybe GTA V etc and some other small games. And i going to do some programing and coding Smile

PS.
Can you look on the sale page on komplett and see if you can find me some parts so are cheap so i can use?
and on

You should be good for now. A 250GB SSD + 1TB 7200 RPM drive should be fine for most people. If you ever use up then entire 1TB drive, then you can always add more later.

Norway-_-1999
10-11-2015, 10:08 AM #16
You should be good for now. A 250GB SSD + 1TB 7200 RPM drive should be fine for most people. If you ever use up then entire 1TB drive, then you can always add more later.

Can you make a new good build so i can overclock later on with this parts below for max 13 700kr.
The build shuld have everythink i need! Like Monitor, windos 10, Optical Drive, Video Card, CPU (i5-4690K), Motherboard, Memory (8GB), Storage, Case, Power Supply etc.

Monitor

Windows 10

Optical Drive

And a GTX 970
Last edited by Norway-_-1999 ; 10-12-2015 at 05:29 PM.
10-12-2015, 06:30 PM #17
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Just look at the second build in my previous post, then add what you want to it.

Norway-_-1999
10-14-2015, 04:33 PM #18
Just look at the second build in my previous post, then add what you want to it.

How important is the power supply?
For I can save much money if i buy a cheap power supply :/
10-14-2015, 06:07 PM #19
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by 1999 View Post
How important is the power supply?
For I can save much money if i buy a cheap power supply :/

Well if anything happens with the Power supply it can take out all of your other components. So it's really important.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Norway-_-1999

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo