12-13-2015, 12:01 AM #1
xXcodgmRTE
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'd like to upgrade my mother board. It has to be 64 bit compatible as my graphics car is only 64 bit compatible. I've tried installing windows 10 64 bit and it will not let me

My specs
Msi 390 8gb graphics card
Fx 8350 black edition 64 bit
Power supply is a coolermaster rs700-acabb1 b series b700 v2
My os is windows 10 running on 32 with a 64 bit based processor
Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-78LMT-usb3
Last edited by xXcodgmRTE ; 12-14-2015 at 05:07 PM.
12-16-2015, 09:01 PM #11
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
EM64T is for Intel.

You have a FX-8350 and this is from Wiki:
Originally posted by another user
AMD's processors implementing the AMD64 architecture include Opteron, Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon II (followed by "X2", "X3", or "X4" to indicate the number of cores, and XLT models), Turion 64, Turion 64 X2, Sempron ("Palermo" E6 stepping and all "Manila" models), Phenom (followed by "X3" or "X4" to indicate the number of cores), Phenom II (followed by "X2", "X3", "X4" or "X6" to indicate the number of cores), FX, and Fusion.

VT-x/VT-d refers to Intel's technology for virtualization on the x86 platform; AMD-V is for AMD.

Please check your BIOS for disabled features. If you don't mind providing pictures of your BIOS options, I can probably help you figure out which feature you need to enable.
01-01-2016, 10:25 PM #12
xXcodgmRTE
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
EM64T is for Intel.

You have a FX-8350 and this is from Wiki:

VT-x/VT-d refers to Intel's technology for virtualization on the x86 platform; AMD-V is for AMD.

Please check your BIOS for disabled features. If you don't mind providing pictures of your BIOS options, I can probably help you figure out which feature you need to enable.

Sorry for not replaying sooner didnt get a notification for some reason i will do this tomorrow for you and will take screen shots of my bios.

And out of curiosity what motherboard would you recommend for 100 pound i'm not looking to over clock it either.

I have now got another problem ever since i installed my new graphics card my bios dont show. I tried the other way by going into update and security then recovery then trouble shot to see if the ueif option was their and it was not

just in case this is any use to you

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by xXcodgmRTE ; 01-02-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo