02-06-2010, 06:28 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Microsoft <blink>Banning</blink> Cheaters
You must login or register to view this content.

Microsoft has been banning many Xbox LIVE users that cheat or glitch in Modern Warfare 2.

Even though many of us still like the game for it is, some people think it's necessary to mess things up for all of us by glitching and cheating their way through the MW2 multiplayer. Microsoft has had enough of this and made it their new goal to ban as much cheaters as possible, including boosting and prestige glitches. MW2blog » reported the following, and I couldn't have said it any better myself:

Originally posted by XBOX
"Well, this news from XBOX Live head of Policy and Enforcement, Stephen Toulouse AKA ‘Stepto’, is music to our ears. In a post on the official Xbox forums The Pro addresses the cheaters with a clear message that people who have obtained prestige in Modern Warfare 2 illegitimately, will be given suspensions from Xbox Live. The guys running these lobbies will be permanently banned."

Originally posted by Xbox.com
People who have obtained prestige illegitimately, will be given suspensions. People soliciting other people to gain prestige (whether for free, or for points) will be permanently suspended.

To all those users who are attempting to play MW2 without cheating, please have faith. Hang in there, because the cheaters are being caught and the game will be patched.

p.s., it doesn't matter if you gained 10th prestige, 2nd, or 1st: illegitimate gameplay = suspension

Originally posted by Xbox
"5. How You May Not Use the Service.
- exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game, contest, or promotion."

So if you're prestige 10 with about 10 matches played, you might be in trouble. And quite honestly, grow up and play the game the way it's meant to....
Last edited by JimErased ; 02-06-2010 at 07:01 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to The Situation for this useful post:

BladezZ, kiwikool, JimErased, Steve
02-06-2010, 09:00 PM #29
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
This is stupid... what if someone joined a game not knowing that they were gonna get banned if they got a kill
02-06-2010, 09:09 PM #30
zrvnavi
Gym leader
As stated before this is why i like Sony better. Does it really matter what prestige are you? The only thing they should fix if we can get them working is the hacks. Then patch it. No reason to ban people cause of a badge
02-06-2010, 09:10 PM #31
Originally posted by evan94 View Post
This is stupid... what if someone joined a game not knowing that they were gonna get banned if they got a kill

Even though this will probably end up being a case in some bannings.. Who would join one of those rooms and not realize what's going on?

Odds are.. over 9/10 people that join are well aware of what they are doing and are intentionally there. :P
02-06-2010, 09:19 PM #32
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
Originally posted by SpeakYourMind View Post
Even though this will probably end up being a case in some bannings.. Who would join one of those rooms and not realize what's going on?

Odds are.. over 9/10 people that join are well aware of what they are doing and are intentionally there. :P

yeah.. 9/10 but one of my friends joined and didn't know and he level up and he was going crazy and didnt know what was happening. You can openly join these games eh.. you dont have to join your hacker friends progress
02-06-2010, 09:42 PM #33
RiDiCuL0uSs
i'lln 2 tha maX
LOL this is why PS3 Owns and xbox SUCKS.
And honestly, Not EVERYONE will be suspended or else microsoft would have no life as they would spend the next 3 years looking through a long ass list of MW2 players and looking who is legit and banning..... sure they will take care of those lobby hosters

but the prestige hack = FAIL
i doubt u guys who think u will get banned will.... this is their attempt to scare and stop.
no way in hell they are going to go through that many players just to find out

they just want it to make it sound like their doing something... sure they will patch things now, but dont be expected to get banned,...... look at the nice warnings ps3 hackers got

was anything done ?? NO lol IW failed at trying to scare people and so does Microsoft, unless you host xp lobbys then your screwed
Last edited by RiDiCuL0uSs ; 02-06-2010 at 09:47 PM.
02-06-2010, 10:16 PM #34
xShep
I defeated!
aww i wanted it to happen to psn people :( cause i havent done it
02-06-2010, 10:16 PM #35
iUniQuee
Treasure hunter
they dont know who hosts the lobbies because whoever hosts them uses and dummy account then host migrates to there origninal account. So they can ban the dummy which is pointless anyway.
02-06-2010, 10:26 PM #36
JeffSpicoli
Bounty hunter
Imagine if Bill Gates was playing MW2 and cheated!
He would be banned too, he is no different than anyone else!
So if you see someone cheating with gamertag "MicroBoy" ban gates!
02-06-2010, 10:27 PM #37
Octavia
"PonyF ag"
i wish Microsoft dies

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo