02-06-2010, 06:28 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Microsoft <blink>Banning</blink> Cheaters
You must login or register to view this content.

Microsoft has been banning many Xbox LIVE users that cheat or glitch in Modern Warfare 2.

Even though many of us still like the game for it is, some people think it's necessary to mess things up for all of us by glitching and cheating their way through the MW2 multiplayer. Microsoft has had enough of this and made it their new goal to ban as much cheaters as possible, including boosting and prestige glitches. MW2blog » reported the following, and I couldn't have said it any better myself:

Originally posted by XBOX
"Well, this news from XBOX Live head of Policy and Enforcement, Stephen Toulouse AKA ‘Stepto’, is music to our ears. In a post on the official Xbox forums The Pro addresses the cheaters with a clear message that people who have obtained prestige in Modern Warfare 2 illegitimately, will be given suspensions from Xbox Live. The guys running these lobbies will be permanently banned."

Originally posted by Xbox.com
People who have obtained prestige illegitimately, will be given suspensions. People soliciting other people to gain prestige (whether for free, or for points) will be permanently suspended.

To all those users who are attempting to play MW2 without cheating, please have faith. Hang in there, because the cheaters are being caught and the game will be patched.

p.s., it doesn't matter if you gained 10th prestige, 2nd, or 1st: illegitimate gameplay = suspension

Originally posted by Xbox
"5. How You May Not Use the Service.
- exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game, contest, or promotion."

So if you're prestige 10 with about 10 matches played, you might be in trouble. And quite honestly, grow up and play the game the way it's meant to....
Last edited by JimErased ; 02-06-2010 at 07:01 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to The Situation for this useful post:

BladezZ, kiwikool, JimErased, Steve
02-06-2010, 10:58 PM #38
Has anyone been suspended for the hack?
Last edited by X.relentless.x ; 02-06-2010 at 11:08 PM.
02-07-2010, 12:28 AM #39
LOL! My cousin got banned yesterday for this, so he's getting a new xBox.
I don't see why he doesn't just get a PS3..
02-07-2010, 03:22 AM #40
i think PS3 is better they give you ban warnings like 1st time itsa 1 month ban second time its a 2 month ban third time it console ban forever
02-07-2010, 04:01 AM #41
killer007
Gym leader
ban gamers because of the in game glitch is B.S.!!! How about invest some of the $$$$$$$$ that you made off us( gamers) to patch the game right!!!! If you really wanna stop cheaters..... microsoft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a xbox and ps3.... Now I finally have reasons to buy games for ps3 instead of xbox....
02-07-2010, 05:48 AM #42
Gen
Banned
Now i will go to PS3, better than wasting my time with Microsoft !!
02-07-2010, 11:39 AM #43
RiDiCuL0uSs
i'lln 2 tha maX
microsoft is stupid, no matter how hard they try and no matter how much money they spend on trying to fix things

THERE WILL BE HACKERS, there always will be and they need to grow the FK up
its 2010 IT HASNT EVEN STARTED, our technology is evolving by the minute and these idiots are worrying about prestige hacks on cod???

LOL @ THAT
wait till hacks come out that completly dissable their servers... or auto delete peoples XBOX accounts. those are hacks to ban for

MS SUCKS AND THEY ALWAYS WILLSmileSmile

just look at the retard who created microsoft.. BILL GATES
fail to happen from the start
02-07-2010, 03:20 PM #44
Originally posted by killer007 View Post
ban gamers because of the in game glitch is B.S.!!! How about invest some of the $$$$$$$$ that you made off us( gamers) to patch the game right!!!! If you really wanna stop cheaters..... microsoft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a xbox and ps3.... Now I finally have reasons to buy games for ps3 instead of xbox....

Pretty sure there's rules about abusing exploits and such. This would fall under that. Regardless if that wasn't there. Someone had to tamper with their console to have it done, which is an even bigger no no.
02-07-2010, 06:35 PM #45
EGF
Save Point
never going to happen end of story
02-07-2010, 06:41 PM #46
Tomes
Banned
wow i hope it isnt a perma ban im already perma banned on ps3 :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo