02-13-2010, 10:48 PM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Originally posted by another user
PS3-Sense writes: ''It seems he finally did it. George Hotz, also knows as GeoHot, has hacked the PlayStation 3. A while ago he released the PlayStation 3 exploit on his blog because he needed help from the community. He tweeted on his twitter page (twitter.com/geohot) that he PS3 is 100% hacked. So does this means we'll see homebrew on the PS3? Or illegal games? Let's hope it stays at homebrew only.

Quote: ''Today I validated my theories about running the isolated SPUs on the PS3 as crypto engines. The PS3 is 100% hacked. So where my homebrew at?''

George Hotz Twitter (English): You must login or register to view this content.

Latest Blog Post by Hotz adressing todays breakthrough: You must login or register to view this content.

Via: You must login or register to view this content.

Well we've heard it all before from Geohotz, but now he claims a '100%' hack, we could well see some proper hacked material on the PS3 very soon. Personally I hope it doesn't work, for fear of games being ruined, but thats just me.
02-13-2010, 10:59 PM #2
Anal Treat
NGU's resident prick
Well, I like the idea of homebrew but unfortunatly that won't be all it's used for. For this reason I also hope I doesn't work.
02-13-2010, 11:55 PM #3
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Homebrew here we come. Piracy is big on the PSP, but there is a reason for that. How big are the games? 2.5 Gigs at the most? Small enough to fit on a flash drive.

That's why PSP's piracy is WAY up. Portability, and ease of use. It's simple to download a ISO/CSO for a PSP Game, place it on your memory stick and go. I'm sure people here (Yes, even highly respected members of the site) have downloaded a game or two...or more, in the past.

As for the PS3 piracy? Hell no. It will never happen. The games are just too huge, and it's so much on those blu-rays. Who will want to waste their time with it?

I'm down for homebrew though. Let's get this show on the road....

ONE MAJOR question though....Does this require Hardware Mod? If it does, then count me out. I'll wait for Software/Save Game/Tiff Exploit or something along those lines. I'm not cracking open my $600.00 baby, for some homebrew that can be patched easily.

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

NanuGama
02-14-2010, 01:29 AM #4
Dexgod
Wooptidoo
Originally posted by 1337 View Post
Homebrew here we come. Piracy is big on the PSP, but there is a reason for that. How big are the games? 2.5 Gigs at the most? Small enough to fit on a flash drive.

That's why PSP's piracy is WAY up. Portability, and ease of use. It's simple to download a ISO/CSO for a PSP Game, place it on your memory stick and go. I'm sure people here (Yes, even highly respected members of the site) have downloaded a game or two...or more, in the past.

As for the PS3 piracy? Hell no. It will never happen. The games are just too huge, and it's so much on those blu-rays. Who will want to waste their time with it?

I'm down for homebrew though. Let's get this show on the road....

ONE MAJOR question though....Does this require Hardware Mod? If it does, then count me out. I'll wait for Software/Save Game/Tiff Exploit or something along those lines. I'm not cracking open my $600.00 baby, for some homebrew that can be patched easily.

Amen, man. No hardware mods for me either.

Also, maybe Sony's world exclusive announcement on monday may be about geohot's hack?
02-14-2010, 02:13 AM #5
would it also work with a ps3 slim???
02-14-2010, 03:38 AM #6
Finally...it only took 4 years.
02-14-2010, 04:09 AM #7
Sony is going to **** geohot in the ass.
02-14-2010, 06:24 AM #8
ƒrizz
Banned
If is smart he wont release it
02-14-2010, 07:06 AM #9
FuzzaMuzza
NGU Master
Please dont release xD
02-14-2010, 07:59 AM #10
'SpeC™
Youtube.Com/xSpCz
pm me it i want itSmile