03-01-2010, 01:15 PM #1
Paul
Edwards
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Today, many Playstation owners have reported having difficulty getting online to 'PSN', the global PlaystationNetwork required to play games online.

People struck with the error received this:

Originally posted by another user
"An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)"

This means a corrupted data problem has occured on the PS3. Many users are also claiming that they have lost saved games and trophies for many games.

On February 28, the calendar on original PS3 systems was reset to January 1, 2000, blocking access to online content. It has been confirmed that Slim PS3 systems have not been affected.

The consoles will not play games with trophies, will fail to log on to PSN and will not play classic games or use premium themes.

The error has been identified to strike offline systems.

Sony have said this about the issue:

Originally posted by another user
We're aware that many of you are having difficulty connecting to the PlayStation Network this evening. Those of you with "slim" PS3s (the 120/250 GB models) appear to be unaffected.

Know that we have narrowed down the issue and have engineers working to restore service even as you read this. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and genuinely appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

The problem is not with PSN as only certain models are affected, this leads to suspicions about a problem with the transfer between February and March leading to a leap year problem with the firmware.

If you are concerned and wish to get updates as soon as they come, follow Sony's Twitter by clicking You must login or register to view this content..

EDIT:

TO ALL PS3 SLIM USERS, PLEASE DO AVOID USING YOUR CONSOLES UNTIL SONY HAS RELEASED A FIX.

USING YOUR CONSOLE CAN CAUSE ERRORS UPON CONNECTING TO PSN INCLUDING FAULTY TROPHY RECORDING AND NOT BEING ABLE TO RESTORE CERTAIN DATA.
Last edited by Paul ; 03-01-2010 at 06:19 PM.

The following 29 users say thank you to Paul for this useful post:

AbusedTampon, bertieboy7, Darkdonut, Elder Legendah, Helios, Jayy, Killer372, King RAM, little_legz, longjohnsilver, Marioman, mason1985, muman, Newfie, ninjamike, Paschendale, SAS_Racer, JimErased, Steve, Stub Hero, Tom1210, Waq1, willshadyy_187, Winters37, xFutterr, xXM@DM@RCXx, ZachFean, ziiJEEZYiiz
03-01-2010, 02:27 PM #2
Dude this makes me mad when they do this holy CRAP!
03-01-2010, 02:52 PM #3
Darksun
Little One
I wonder, can this be fixed by backing up the data on the PS3 on to a new harddrive and then installing the harddrive?
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM #4
SniperScope
PS3CoDFailures
I have a fat 80GB PS3 and it seems to be working normally. I hope it gets fixed soon for everyone having problems.
03-01-2010, 03:02 PM #5
AbusedTampon
Ball Till I Fall
thanks, my ps3 got now YLOD but i gonna buy an new PC Winky Winky
03-01-2010, 03:19 PM #6
this is trash i cant get on and i got a 60 gig ps3
03-01-2010, 03:21 PM #7
Cpt.S
Banned
Thanks for mentioning me Paul ! :p

I said you could use the because your staff and more people will notice it xD
03-01-2010, 03:22 PM #8
Originally posted by SniperScope View Post
I have a fat 80GB PS3 and it seems to be working normally. I hope it gets fixed soon for everyone having problems.

i have the same and getting error your full of shit:mad:
03-01-2010, 03:37 PM #9
SniperScope
PS3CoDFailures
Originally posted by 40Thieves View Post
i have the same and getting error your full of shit:mad:

My 80GB does work. I didn't say your 80GB works did I? No.

The following user thanked SniperScope for this useful post:

xSOADx
03-01-2010, 03:38 PM #10
Jayy
Forever in debt to Jim and ENZO-F#
STUPID ARSEHOLES thanks paul Happy Nice Post

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo