03-01-2010, 01:15 PM #1
Paul
Edwards
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Today, many Playstation owners have reported having difficulty getting online to 'PSN', the global PlaystationNetwork required to play games online.

People struck with the error received this:

Originally posted by another user
"An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)"

This means a corrupted data problem has occured on the PS3. Many users are also claiming that they have lost saved games and trophies for many games.

On February 28, the calendar on original PS3 systems was reset to January 1, 2000, blocking access to online content. It has been confirmed that Slim PS3 systems have not been affected.

The consoles will not play games with trophies, will fail to log on to PSN and will not play classic games or use premium themes.

The error has been identified to strike offline systems.

Sony have said this about the issue:

Originally posted by another user
We're aware that many of you are having difficulty connecting to the PlayStation Network this evening. Those of you with "slim" PS3s (the 120/250 GB models) appear to be unaffected.

Know that we have narrowed down the issue and have engineers working to restore service even as you read this. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and genuinely appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

The problem is not with PSN as only certain models are affected, this leads to suspicions about a problem with the transfer between February and March leading to a leap year problem with the firmware.

If you are concerned and wish to get updates as soon as they come, follow Sony's Twitter by clicking You must login or register to view this content..

EDIT:

TO ALL PS3 SLIM USERS, PLEASE DO AVOID USING YOUR CONSOLES UNTIL SONY HAS RELEASED A FIX.

USING YOUR CONSOLE CAN CAUSE ERRORS UPON CONNECTING TO PSN INCLUDING FAULTY TROPHY RECORDING AND NOT BEING ABLE TO RESTORE CERTAIN DATA.
Last edited by Paul ; 03-01-2010 at 06:19 PM.

The following 29 users say thank you to Paul for this useful post:

AbusedTampon, bertieboy7, Darkdonut, Elder Legendah, Helios, Jayy, Killer372, King RAM, little_legz, longjohnsilver, Marioman, mason1985, muman, Newfie, ninjamike, Paschendale, SAS_Racer, JimErased, Steve, Stub Hero, Tom1210, Waq1, willshadyy_187, Winters37, xFutterr, xXM@DM@RCXx, ZachFean, ziiJEEZYiiz
03-01-2010, 05:27 PM #29
oh no this means i got 2 go on my xbox lol
03-01-2010, 05:28 PM #30
Originally posted by patastinky View Post
You shouldn't say things like that. Where's the proof?

we will all probally have to update using a cd(PC update)
03-01-2010, 05:31 PM #31
Ste-M
Do a barrel roll!
I have heard that its something to do with the calenders on the ps3

the ps3's have 2 calenders and 1 thinks its 29th of February while the other thinks its March 1st this = ps3 fail lol

I also have heard that it should be alright at 1 minuet past midnight but i'm not sure which timezone
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM #32
xMillar-
Are you high?
You must login or register to view this content.

Some more info on it btw.
03-01-2010, 05:38 PM #33
ShAdoW_RiDa
Former Blue Mod
FFS this is so gay,I thought it would be fixed by now,but it's still not.
03-01-2010, 05:41 PM #34
james_123
Bounty hunter
from sony website

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

•The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
•When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
•When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
trophies. Please exit your game.”
•When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
•Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
PlayStation Store before the expiration date.
We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.
03-01-2010, 06:02 PM #35
patastinky
NEW Avatar~~~
I needed a break from making videos Smile
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM #36
just thought I'd post on here, I sucessfully repaired my Ps3 by resetting the Real Time clock, you can do this by opening your ps3 and removing the battery from the bottom of the motherboard for 30 secs and replacing it, put it all back together, power up and Set the time and date sorted....

Another problem though.... IW seem to be using this time to make changes to their servers!!! I cant play a decent game without serious lag and server errors...
Last edited by Gr8-1-84 ; 03-01-2010 at 06:40 PM.
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM #37
Can you downgrade ps3 firmware?

If we could downgrade to a previous firmware that isnt bugged it would mean we can still play online andoffline games while a fix is in the making.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo