03-06-2010, 09:34 PM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

It has been revealed that the latest Spring 2010 Downloadable Content for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is ''most definitely'' under conflict.

After the recent Infinity Ward scandal involving Vince Zampella & Jason West, it has been found that they own the creative rights for the direction of the Call of Duty franchise, meaning Activision cannot release a Call of Duty game Post-Vietnam, or in the near / distant future without their written consent.

A contract lawyer who had previously worked with Activision said;
Originally posted by another user
“since these gentlemen must have presented a copy or substantial proof of the binding contract in order to initiate the lawsuit this is certainly the real deal. However if they have broken any of the terms of the contract, or any contracts referenced in the terms then the aforementioned contract will be null and void. I highly doubt that a company the size of Activision will release any products that conflict with a contract that’s being legally challenged knowing the possible implications of doing so”.

What does this mean? It means the Spring DLC will not be released unless Zampella and West give their written permission, or it is proved in court that the contract giving them rights to the franchise is void.

Via: You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks to SHEPLEKLET for the heads up.
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 04-12-2010 at 10:39 PM.

The following 21 users say thank you to Caspa for this useful post:

-Lazy-, +Da ChechNchong, AgentDragonPig, AgentJon, andrewman18, Camaro, Doctor Stan, Elder Legendah, Favo, glitchplz, icmac3, MiNi_DaN, Mr.Amitoz, NanuGama, Newfie, partypoker15, Sert, JimErased, Steve, Typhoon, xVii-
03-06-2010, 11:38 PM #20
Whenevers a hacks out, he's a pussy
(Never thought I'd see the day when I'd call 402 a Pusseh)
03-06-2010, 11:44 PM #21
AgentJon
Former Staff
Thanks for the post. No thanks on what it holds :(.
03-06-2010, 11:48 PM #22
xScreamo!
Trading Kids For Angel Dust
if theres no map pack then im goin back to quickscoping on cod4 and zombies
03-06-2010, 11:49 PM #23
Well it's wouldn't be a very good business decision NOT to release the map packs but this just shows these corporate company's just like to be bitches
03-06-2010, 11:50 PM #24
Dademo
Haxor!
I can honestly care less, this means I get to use my MS points for other things, but new maps would be pretty cool.
03-07-2010, 12:10 AM #25
Whats DLC? Why can't IW release anything without the 2 guys signing?
03-07-2010, 12:15 AM #26
Steve
Ex-News Staff
noooo i really wanted to see this DLC it sounded good...i really want to play shipment on Mw2
03-07-2010, 12:22 AM #27
Mike 69
Save Point
dang it i want new dlc....
03-07-2010, 12:55 AM #28
Dang! I want Crash and Overgrown.. :(

Also them new maps look amazing, but probably decieving like the ones we have now. (my opionion).

Hope they allow it!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo