03-06-2010, 09:34 PM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

It has been revealed that the latest Spring 2010 Downloadable Content for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is ''most definitely'' under conflict.

After the recent Infinity Ward scandal involving Vince Zampella & Jason West, it has been found that they own the creative rights for the direction of the Call of Duty franchise, meaning Activision cannot release a Call of Duty game Post-Vietnam, or in the near / distant future without their written consent.

A contract lawyer who had previously worked with Activision said;
Originally posted by another user
“since these gentlemen must have presented a copy or substantial proof of the binding contract in order to initiate the lawsuit this is certainly the real deal. However if they have broken any of the terms of the contract, or any contracts referenced in the terms then the aforementioned contract will be null and void. I highly doubt that a company the size of Activision will release any products that conflict with a contract that’s being legally challenged knowing the possible implications of doing so”.

What does this mean? It means the Spring DLC will not be released unless Zampella and West give their written permission, or it is proved in court that the contract giving them rights to the franchise is void.

Via: You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks to SHEPLEKLET for the heads up.
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 04-12-2010 at 10:39 PM.

The following 21 users say thank you to Caspa for this useful post:

-Lazy-, +Da ChechNchong, AgentDragonPig, AgentJon, andrewman18, Camaro, Doctor Stan, Elder Legendah, Favo, glitchplz, icmac3, MiNi_DaN, Mr.Amitoz, NanuGama, Newfie, partypoker15, Sert, JimErased, Steve, Typhoon, xVii-
03-07-2010, 03:42 AM #38
MiNi_DaN
CEO OF UBER
Originally posted by RICHIE209 View Post
Ahhh I bet Activision is face-palming right about now.

loool they prob are....but thats sooo Gay..with a capital G.
03-07-2010, 04:37 AM #39
No map pack = I quit Modern Warfare 2
03-07-2010, 04:43 AM #40
RiDiCuL0uSs
i'lln 2 tha maX
fck mw2. i haven't even played it since BFBC 2 came out

The following user thanked RiDiCuL0uSs for this useful post:

xX-HammoOvGy-Xx
03-07-2010, 05:01 AM #41
Mateen
pretty chill guy
Guys activision isn't stupid..
03-07-2010, 09:04 AM #42
Shadow_Killer
UnderCover Adrninistrator
No Map Packs = No Fun
03-07-2010, 11:24 AM #43
Ha ha ha lolz were provided is all I have to say.
03-07-2010, 02:00 PM #44
there will be map packs. activision is a company.. companys thrive on profit they may have to give a "small" donation to the 2 guys maybe a mil each but within a week that would be made back and with substansial profits

so there will be a map pack
03-07-2010, 04:15 PM #45
Pho
BasedGod
Originally posted by Killer View Post
No Map Packs = No Fun

like what he saidEek
03-07-2010, 07:13 PM #46
bmxrcodol04
Im a Hitmarker
What a shame to see COD fall down the well. It was so sudden. I love the game to death, play it every day, but unless something like this map pack comes out, it will get boring. What a shame. :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo