05-17-2010, 01:04 PM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Sony To Reveal Premium PSN Service At E3

You must login or register to view this content.

According to a high-up, inside source, Sony plans to announce it's Premium PSN Service, after months of rumours, at this year's E3 in Los Angeles. The source also states details such as:

<li>Less than £50 per year.</li>
<li>1 Free PSN game per month, from a choice of 2-4.</li>
<li>A streaming music application similar to Spotify.</li>

The source did state however that cross-game voice chat would not be a paid only service, “I can tell you now, 100 percent, that that’s not the case,” and that “there’s nothing in the premium package which will gimp regular PSN users.” This is great news, as I was always worried regular PSN users would feel heavily short changed if a Premium service was developed. The price tag seems fairly reasonable, but we'll have to wait and see if Sony comes out with any more interesting features, as I'm not really sold on the 'free game' every month.

The announcement of the PSP2 at E3 is now alot less likely with the probability of a Premium PSN service to be revealed, and the source states a TGS reveal is more logical. Expect Sony to focus heavily on the Play and a PSN Premium service.

Via: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 25 users say thank you to Caspa for this useful post:

-Lazy-, -Smurf-, +vA.LooSe, Alfa, Axiom, bertieboy7, Carbon0x, Charizard, D-Lyden's Hoe, DiXiEnOrMoUz28, Doctor Stan, EnD*, FourzerotwoFAILS, IW_JOSH, Jayy, JTRaines92, Laney, waltuO, Sert, ResistElite,, JimErased, Wing-Echeplon, xModGodx, xScarsii
05-19-2010, 09:49 PM #56
The Truth
Hai Im From Minecraft
that would be cool
05-22-2010, 04:51 AM #57
I'll be getting this. $50.00/year aint a lot...
05-23-2010, 05:09 AM #58
rnbrawkstar
Can’t trickshot me!
the cross game chat is gonna be available for evryone..not just premium..they were already planning on putting that feature in anyways.
05-23-2010, 01:59 PM #59
Originally posted by JTRaines92 View Post
I'll be getting this. $50.00/year aint a lot...

Ya same here, I had qore annual before. This is a better
replacement.
05-23-2010, 04:22 PM #60
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
Chances are I won't be partaking in the Premium Playstation Network. I'd love to, but due to my wide variety of other subscriptions and such, I simply don't think there is a need for me to begin another subscription service.

I do think Sony is being smart with this though, because they are not taking things away from regular users. This will allow Sony to boast their free service, something that is not available through Xbox Live. Whether or not I'll get this is leaning towards no, but if the pluses of the service are good enough, I might just consider getting it.
05-26-2010, 01:04 AM #61
Sources tell us that subscribers will have access to a rotating list of PSP Minis and PSone Classics, exclusive in-game DLC, discounts to the PlayStation Store and "first hour" demo access to full retail titles. Following the first hour of gameplay, players will have the ability to purchase the full title; however, demo access will only be available once the entire title has been downloaded.

Via: You must login or register to view this content.
05-31-2010, 05:35 AM #62
at least a choice for u to make
06-01-2010, 03:35 PM #63
Gary-
Banned
Trying to get close to the Xbox. Well it won't work. Although a free game a month sound good. BUT Sony want money, they won't give good games, probably shit one like Command and Conquer or ones that came out 20 years ago and they're calling them 'Classics'. Microsoft won't stand for this.. This will cause WAR!!
06-01-2010, 09:47 PM #64
Saucy-_-
Red Wing's For Life!!!
CAnt wait as long as the sevice is better

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo