05-17-2010, 01:04 PM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Sony To Reveal Premium PSN Service At E3

You must login or register to view this content.

According to a high-up, inside source, Sony plans to announce it's Premium PSN Service, after months of rumours, at this year's E3 in Los Angeles. The source also states details such as:

<li>Less than £50 per year.</li>
<li>1 Free PSN game per month, from a choice of 2-4.</li>
<li>A streaming music application similar to Spotify.</li>

The source did state however that cross-game voice chat would not be a paid only service, “I can tell you now, 100 percent, that that’s not the case,” and that “there’s nothing in the premium package which will gimp regular PSN users.” This is great news, as I was always worried regular PSN users would feel heavily short changed if a Premium service was developed. The price tag seems fairly reasonable, but we'll have to wait and see if Sony comes out with any more interesting features, as I'm not really sold on the 'free game' every month.

The announcement of the PSP2 at E3 is now alot less likely with the probability of a Premium PSN service to be revealed, and the source states a TGS reveal is more logical. Expect Sony to focus heavily on the Play and a PSN Premium service.

Via: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 25 users say thank you to Caspa for this useful post:

-Lazy-, -Smurf-, +vA.LooSe, Alfa, Axiom, bertieboy7, Carbon0x, Charizard, D-Lyden's Hoe, DiXiEnOrMoUz28, Doctor Stan, EnD*, FourzerotwoFAILS, IW_JOSH, Jayy, JTRaines92, Laney, waltuO, Sert, ResistElite,, JimErased, Wing-Echeplon, xModGodx, xScarsii
05-18-2010, 07:16 PM #38
i Ozzy i
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Emeka View Post
On Xbox <3 It's 34.99 for a whole year! But on PS(hit)3 It's £50 a month!

sorry got it wrong i ment £50 a year is that right :S ? and Ps3 <3 it awesome! and xbox is good!
05-18-2010, 07:42 PM #39
Goone
Looking for Suzzy
It even said, "there’s nothing in the premium package which will gimp regular PSN users."

I think if they were planning on making all PS3 players pay to go online, it would fall into this category.
05-18-2010, 07:47 PM #40
i think i would buy premium because of the free games and stuff
05-18-2010, 07:48 PM #41
aZlan
Never come on here anymore
Originally posted by Hoe View Post
nice this is okay £50 a month

Less than £50 per year.

finally sony grows balls and competes with SBL(ShitBoxLive)
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM #42
Alfa
Banned
cross game chat FTWWWWWWWWWW

gonna be so beast
05-18-2010, 08:35 PM #43
Night Wolf
Rescue Me
Sounds nice. I can wait until they reveal more at E3.
05-18-2010, 08:59 PM #44
-Blackhawks-
Respect me pl0x
So psn network will cost money?
05-18-2010, 09:01 PM #45
tǿm
messiah
Originally posted by Lt.Blackhawks View Post
So psn network will cost money?

nope, there would just be a premium service for those who want to pay extra for better features. the psn will still be accessible for those who don't want to pay

The following user thanked tǿm for this useful post:

-Blackhawks-
05-18-2010, 09:04 PM #46
-Blackhawks-
Respect me pl0x
Originally posted by IamTom View Post
nope, there would just be a premium service for those who want to pay extra for better features. the psn will still be accessible for those who don't want to pay

Ok thanks man

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo