06-01-2010, 09:30 AM #1
Caspa
Retired Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

1. More Customization

If there was a positive point to take out of Modern Warfare 2, it was the return of customization to various aspects of the game, such as Camouflages, after they disappeared in World At War, and a series of brand new attachments players had never seen before. Best of all, was the addition of Callsigns, allowing every player to become an individual in the crowd, and created a new motive for completing challenges, a chance to 'show off' your skills. Treyarch must build on Infinity Ward's foundations - they've already confirmed a 'Create a Class 2.0', but the fanbase wants more. More technical weapon tweaks, custom camouflage, what your player looks like, more options with callsigns, all would be a very welcome addition to Black Ops multiplayer. We'll just have to see what they come up with.

2. Working Spawn System

As most of you well know, or probably have complained about in a thread somewhere on this forum, the Modern Warfare 2 spawn system was awful. Players would be trapped in an endless barrage of Chopper Gunner explosive ammo, leading to mass spawn killings. Rust was another awful map for spawns, which was bigger than Shipment, which Infinity Ward seemed to handle just fine in Call of Duty 4. So what happened? We'll never know, but lets hope Treyarch get their act together, and do a better job than Infinity Ward.

3. Weapon Balance

Just like in most Call of Duty games, a superior list of weapons soon emerge from all the rest. I'm talking the UMP45, the SCAR, and just any assault rifle in general. Snipers have become useless, as who need a real sniper, when you can just use an Assault Rifle, or even a Sub Machine Gun? Another thing, has been Infinity Ward's pure laziness. Off-centre sights, dodge silencers, weird added damage on various attachments - how!? How were these not spotted and fixed!? I certainly hope Treyarch take alot more care over their design process, as Infinity Ward's lack of it certainly shows.

4. Improved Killstreak System

The Tactical Nuke. It all seemed like a great idea at the time, but in reality, it's turned half the entire MW2 community into an angry mob. Boosters roam the servers, ruining the game for all those involved. Treyarch have already spoken of an enhanced system, so I'd love to see their ideas. Balance is another problem. Some killstreaks, you'd see in countless numbers every game, Harriers, AC130, Chopper Gunner. Others, such as the EMP, or Stealth Bomber, were very rare. Why use the Attack Helicopter over the Harrier Strike? Simply put, it's just better, that's why. Treyarch need to think up a series of balanced, yet exciting and useful killstreaks.

5. Improved Perk Design

Some perks created by Infinity Ward in Modern Warfare 2 were a great success, such as Ninja, Marathon, and Cold Blooded. Others were a disaster, namely Commando. I won't go into the details, but it was an awful, awful mistake. Death streaks were also a shocking idea, especially Pain Killer. As Gamer Crave put it, "there is a fine line between creating an accessible online experience, and rewarding poor play with a free kill". Treyarch must get this balance right, and be very cautious when adding perks of their own, and test them thoroughly, which brings me on to my next point.

6. A Beta Test

Why a beta test? Well, any mistakes that Treyarch may have made, can easily be found and fixed with the help of a Beta Test. Bugs and glitches can also be removed, before they end up in the final product, and requite weeks of patching and hotfixing to resolve. Infinity Ward's decision not to have a beta was a very poor one, and many of the awful glitches we were plagues by, probably wouldn't of existed if they did indeed have a beta.

7. Zombies

They speak for themselves....
Last edited by Caspa ; 06-01-2010 at 10:52 AM.

The following 77 users say thank you to Caspa for this useful post:

-Lazy-, -Smurf-, Alfa, Aston, BBballfanatic13, bertieboy7, Canada, Clatchy, CoDJumper <3, Comic Book Guy, Console Beat, Convivium, Counter1602, Cryptic, d3t3rmania, DEVILEE97G-UNIT, dfrost182, DirtyDudeOnline, DiXiEnOrMoUz28, effect11, Elder Legendah, Favo, Fletcher, Free My Goat, Gary-, GenHelghast, GizmoRoll, glitchplz, GoonerSam, H3CTK, Hells, Honey, HOST Lee, imcoolindian, jaylix16, Jerry_, JKLAZ, Killakk, LiamGTR, mau0345, Mocro Lmfao, Monkey_With_Fury, MorganNicholas, Mr. Slim, Mue, NanuGama, Newfie, NGU Agent Zer0, Night Wolf, NoMooreMercy, Octavia, Omfg Jon, ONEster, waltuO, patastinky, R0DRAG0, Saucy-_-, ShoutBox, SilentOne15, Skylines, JimErased, Steve, The Flygerian, The-Don, TheFrozenArrow, TheHandyBrandy, ThePatriotdude, TMAN242, Tomes, Tyalis27, Unbeliivable, Winty, xModGodx, xScarsii, z3j22p, ZELLIS
06-02-2010, 09:43 AM #65
xSOADx
Banana Joe
every game got a beta test, but its ot always on ps3 or xbox... but u rlly think theyrelease games w.o testes them?lol fail (like most topics in notice...)
06-02-2010, 10:41 AM #66
FireWire
I'm done here.
yea man i defanintly agree!
06-02-2010, 10:53 AM #67
Cyber Altair
League Champion
Originally posted by guenhwyvar View Post
Forget about shotguns??? Spas has like a 30ft range with a 1 hit kill with any perk most of the time and people can just run around with that as their secondary... wtf? They need to either nerf the shotguns bc most of them are pretty overpowered or at least make it to where they aren't secondary weapons which won't really make a difference bc people rush with them like primaries. Its also annoying to have a sniper with a shotgun on there back so they can camp out a building and pick off anyone coming near but if someone happens to get they can camp a staircase or something and just tear the person to shreads with a shotty.

Spas-12: Massive Range, High powered
AA-12: Sprayed, FMJ has decent range, w/ extended mags its not even fair
Rangers: Why you can akimbo sawed off double barrels beats me. Then shoot all four bullets instantly and still has a pretty good ranged for being sawed off...
Striker: Massive Clip, Massive Range, Spray it everywhere, can kill in one shot if your lucky
Model 1887: Nerfed but definitely still a decent shotgun, range is still good, power is still pretty nice, and single model with fmj is very overpowered w/ its 500000ft range

shoulda just made my own dang thread about this lol

The Model sucks after the nerf, With or without Akimbo's. If you want to play with a shotgun use the Stiker or Spas.

Originally posted by aRmyalex12 View Post
i hope they are not gonna put fmj or something like that.. its really annoying when u see noobs playing with FMJ+Stopping Power.

lolno. It's a good attatchment.
06-02-2010, 11:35 AM #68
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
You forgot the most important thing!

HAAAAAAX
06-02-2010, 03:30 PM #69
The Flygerian
Call Me Emeka.
I want to be able to customize the character!
06-02-2010, 05:28 PM #70
CBot
Brute
Eh for perks you so forgot danger close noob tube combo
The grenade launcher should be at 300 kills and switched with fmj, anything to improve explosions is sad. This just encourages camping (along with one man army pro). Not to mention the RPG splash range with danger close, jesus.
I hope to never see something like this again, I'm giving Treyarch hope on COD7

Also joining games, when I join I game I don't want to be spawned in an ac130 105mm.

Balancing teams is good too, excluding clans. I can't tell you how many times team balancing did NOT work.
06-02-2010, 06:44 PM #71
wow sounds good but just remember its treyarch. there going back in time not forward like most of us want. enough said
06-02-2010, 06:48 PM #72
^ I'm sure Treyarch won't disappoint, especially with the zombies.
06-02-2010, 08:16 PM #73
I totally agree with everything. everything on mw2 needs to be improved and put on Black ops..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo