Post: TUTORIAL: How to swap/add Turbos & Superchargers (2.14)
08-04-2013, 01:50 AM #1
tacoxd
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

HOW TO ADD/SWAP TURBOS TO ANY CAR

So, you guys may be thinking, wasn't this already possible? Well yes, but it required a FF turbo code. This is an actual swap. The car above has a Supra Mid RPM Turbo in it. And the hp shows it.

This will require Bruteforce/HxD

I'll be doing this with a Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 (p)
This car is supercharged, but I'd love for it to have the sound of the Blitz Dunlop R34, which won't happen since it doesn't have a turbo.

So first, get the car. You can go to GT Auto and change it visually but I wouldn't do an oil change yet.

Open the file in Bruteforce/HxD
change the first FF after the body code to 74, the same way you do a swap.

You must login or register to view this content.

Find the turbo code (091D if the car doesn't have a turbo option)
I changed it to a Supra Super High RPM Turbo. If you can't find the turbo code, open the save in garage editor 1.3, go to riding car, and get the turbo code that way. Then just search the car parameter in HxD until you find it.

Now, usually that would be it, but for turbo you also have to change the code for the Turbo Controller.
For me, it starts directly above where I would go to slam a car. It's 6 bytes long, and is usually all 00 if the car doesnt have turbos. Should be around offset 0000E960. I used a Supra Super High RPM Turbo Controller.

Now you can save changes. Encrypt it and do any other swaps you want in garage editor or continue in HxD, or just go to GT5. Enjoy.

Here are some Supra turbo codes.

Supra Stock Turbo- 00000934
Supra Stock Turbo Controller- 02197D063269

Supra Low RPM Turbo- 00000BDF
Supra Low RPM Turbo Controller- 082C73000000

Supra Mid RPM Turbo- 00000D74
Supra Mid RPM Turbo Controller- 082C73000000

Supra High RPM Turbo- 00000F18
Supra High RPM Turbo Controller- 083673000000

Supra Super High RPM Turbo- 00000FE0
Supra Super High RPM Turbo Controller- 0C126415234B

04 blitz ER34 codes
High RPM turbo code: 00000DA4
High RPM turbo controller :03337D000000

GT-R Black Ed High RPM Turbo- 0000156A
Controller- 063B78000000

GT-R Concept LM Super High RPM Turb0- 00000F8C
Controller- 071773132D50

Warning, the Super High RPM Turbo will give cars a lot of hp depending on the engine. Be warned.

And here is the car.

Notice the turbo meter.

HOW TO ADD/SWAP SUPERCHARGERS TO ANY CAR

This will be a little different. Cars that don't have a supercharger option won't have a code (Like 09 1D for non-turbo cars). Instead, it will be FFFFFFFF. You may want to add all the parts before hand just to narrow it down some. I won't be doing that in this tutorial, but I will try to make it as clear as possible on where the location will be in your save.

I will be adding a Ford GT supercharger (code is 00 8C) to a mazda RX-7 premium.

Here is where I found the supercharger in my Ford GT.

First, you would buy the car you want a supercharger in. Open that car in HxD and do the same 74 in the first FF after the body code like you would do for any swap. Then go to the supercharger location. It should be around the offset 0000E910. I went ahead and changed it to the supercharger. In a stock car, you should see a row of code in with the FFs. The codes I see in every car are 0000002C 00000010 and then the 4 bytes of the body code. Use those as a sign to where the supercharger is. The supercharger should be the first FF FF FF FF you see.

As an extra step, I also took the stock turbo off. You don't have to do this, I just did it so I didn't have a turbo and supercharger.
All you have to do for this is change the turbo code to 09 1D and then the controller to 00 00 00 00 00 00. Just like you would find in a n/a car.

And as you can see here it worked. 330hp with just a supercharger in it.

I hope this helps anyone who was asking for supercharger swaps haha.

And again, the Ford GT Supercharger code is 00 8C.

I'm not quite sure if this will have any effect on the sound of the car, as I have yet to drive it fully tuned.

Enjoy Smile
Last edited by tacoxd ; 08-31-2013 at 06:19 PM.

The following 19 users say thank you to tacoxd for this useful post:

192.168.1.1, Blah12543, crcn11, disix, DoN-WaKiTa, driftinziggy, GalleSjef, H!ddenFr!end, JK83, jqsiren, LucaTurilli, MadEyeMoody, MadStew, mar08052, PounDJo0DoGz0r, rendrezz, ryd3r, thelaoskid, TravAU
08-09-2013, 03:48 AM #38
herpycherp
Gym leader
Originally posted by crcn11 View Post
I tried it again, and I saw what you were talking about. Thanks for your help but I still can't get it to work. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here? This is the code after I tried applying the boost controller (083673000000)

Move it back 2 places so it looks like this;

08 36 73 00
4B 4B 06 06

You get the idea...

It should work then! (Considering you have the turbo coding correct)
08-09-2013, 12:34 PM #39
tacoxd
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by crcn11 View Post
I tried it again, and I saw what you were talking about. Thanks for your help but I still can't get it to work. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here? This is the code after I tried applying the boost controller (083673000000)

Start the controller right after the 0A so you have the first part of the controller above the AB. Then it should work :y:
08-09-2013, 03:39 PM #40
Downforce settings are directly before the controller. (Front xx) (Rear xx) (Controller).

So if you can, set downforce settings ingame to something which you can easily find from the save.
08-09-2013, 04:48 PM #41
GOBLUEJJ
Save Point
Thankyou herpycherp for the help. Got it to work finally on the first try today. Greatly appreciated!

Also has anyone else notices that all you hear is the turbo? In my ZR-1 its all turbo sound nothing else...
08-09-2013, 05:21 PM #42
tacoxd
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by GOBLUEJJ View Post
Thankyou herpycherp for the help. Got it to work finally on the first try today. Greatly appreciated!

Also has anyone else notices that all you hear is the turbo? In my ZR-1 its all turbo sound nothing else...

The engine it's self isn't turbocharged. You have to swap a turbo engine into it to get a sound. The gt500 GTR (I believe I used the Xanvi Nismo GTR '08 ) engine is what I have in my ZR-1 and it sounds awesome in it.
Last edited by tacoxd ; 08-09-2013 at 05:32 PM.

The following user thanked tacoxd for this useful post:

MadEyeMoody
08-10-2013, 12:35 AM #43
crcn11
Keeper
All good now, thanks a lot for your help guys! Claps

Originally posted by tacoxd View Post
The engine it's self isn't turbocharged. You have to swap a turbo engine into it to get a sound. The gt500 GTR (I believe I used the Xanvi Nismo GTR '08 ) engine is what I have in my ZR-1 and it sounds awesome in it.

Just a thought... I swapped turbos into my LFA, and the sound remained the same. I swapped turbos into my Gallardo and the sound remained the same. So why is it lost on the 'vette? None of these cars have a turbo option to begin with so how come some manage to retain their sound?
Last edited by crcn11 ; 08-10-2013 at 01:56 AM.
08-11-2013, 02:11 PM #44
sander997
Save Point
Does anyone know the codes for the GTR Black Edition's High RPM Turbo?
08-12-2013, 07:03 PM #45
Z.Supra
Do a barrel roll!

that ain't difficult.
the charger code is just right under the turbo code.
if your car is NA (Natural Aspiration) it will be 091D

I haven't visit ngu since 2.11 or before.
most of the question can be answered with the answer half a year before.

the only different is the 74 code.

I come back just wanna ask one thing : how to calculate to turbo boost controller?

most of them have the different value
that I still cannot calculate
for example I need a full time boost the same as X2011
but you install it on a ultra high rpm turbo , although full boost everytime , the horse you can get is less than the original one from the u-h-t controller.

how is it?
08-12-2013, 07:05 PM #46
tacoxd
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Z.Supra View Post

I come back just wanna ask one thing : how to calculate to turbo boost controller?

most of them have the different value
that I still cannot calculate
for example I need a full time boost the same as X2011
but you install it on a ultra high rpm turbo , although full boost everytime , the horse you can get is less than the original one from the u-h-t controller.

how is it?

It's not really calculating it, it's just opening the car with the turbo you want to use in HxD, finding the turbo code and controller code, and then just pasting that into the car you want to have that turbo. Just simple copying and pasting really. You just need to know what to look for.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo